997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What runs 9's on stock turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

On topic boy, we are talking PDK reliability here.

Originally Posted by TestJet
Misses Ruf is pretty Hawt!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uaeturbo
WOW!!
9 sec pass @ 135 MPH only.
My TIP traped 144 MPH to be in 9's.
PDK FTW!!
and in my old 996TT, I trapped 134.5 and couldnt break into the 10's

Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Doubler is on a distinguished road
[/QUOTE]

AMAZING! Absolutely Amazing!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
and in my old 996TT, I trapped 134.5 and couldnt break into the 10's

Me too... 135.5 mph, maybe 100whp more and just 11.0 on street tires.. skipping 10s and hunting for 9s now..

Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Congratulations Tom, great achievement !

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Congratulations Tom, great achievement !
Thanks Emre! We're just trying to catch up to you.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Arone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud ofArone997tt has much to be proud of
great news tom, congrats!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Nice run. So how much will the build cost plus a donor car.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 AM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Smile gtr

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
gotcha.. the GTR has stock intake manifold and plenum so to speak.. I wouldnt say an injector install of 1hr.. and drop in pumps install of 1 hour is A LOT of mods.. E85 is a lot less $$ then race gas and found at the pump all over town.. Also only 1 intercooler not 2..

But to answer the question to the title "what else runs 9s stock turbo " i just said a GTR.. Thats all.. @142mph too

Mike
Yes, Just consider the costs for each project and HP/TQ output.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:07 AM
RollingThunder is on a distinguished road
Tom, don't see the new version of the GIAC software on Champion's or GIAC's site. Where can we go to see some more details (e.g., final numbers, dynos, etc.)? It is unclear from the posts at what HP/TQ the new tune will be for the general public.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
I see that the camo car is for sale-maybe I'll see it on I-95 soon!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Tom, don't see the new version of the GIAC software on Champion's or GIAC's site. Where can we go to see some more details (e.g., final numbers, dynos, etc.)? It is unclear from the posts at what HP/TQ the new tune will be for the general public.
The software is still in the final stages of testing. All of that information will be released and the software will be available to the public. This update will be free for existing GIAC customers.

Congrats to Champion on this great achievement! We're proud to be a part of it and greatly appreciate all of the testing you've done to advance the 997.2 Turbo platform.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
How often do you update your GIAC tunes and are they usually free to existing GIAC users?

2007 997.1tt

Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
How often do you update your GIAC tunes and are they usually free to existing GIAC users?

2007 997.1tt
There isn't a distinct timeline as to when we update our software. Lateral updates are typically free for vehicles that have been flashed with GIAC previously. If it is something custom, that can be subject to a fee.

If you PM or email me your VIN, I can cross reference your flash history with our last round of updates for the 997.1 Turbo. We have a very large number of file options for that platform based on the upgrades you have.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Nardo4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Top job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What runs 9's on stock turbos?