997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Worlds quickest and fastest Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
I think the over used term of "epic" actually fits here. nice job.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Fantastic ! Mad Drag Race control Skills !
Anyone think that that car is easy to drive...LOL !
Congrats Eddie

Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Funny blipping the throttle before the launch. You can tell it bogged off the line at least once. Runs would be a lot more consistent if the launch rpm was consistent to generate the best launch. Seemed like a sub 9 would be possible, especially with wheelie bars.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Rodbuster is on a distinguished road
Very interesting, with a manual transmission.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Funny blipping the throttle before the launch. You can tell it bogged off the line at least once. Runs would be a lot more consistent if the launch rpm was consistent to generate the best launch. Seemed like a sub 9 would be possible, especially with wheelie bars.
You have some suggestions to help Eddy race this car...LOL !
Funny

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Fantastic ! Mad Drag Race control Skills !
Anyone think that that car is easy to drive...LOL !
Congrats Eddie
Congrats on some incredible runs indeed.
I don't want to be a troll because the car looks incredibly hard to drive. I'm sorry, but look at the slips. Did you see the reaction time on the second run? Did you hear it totally bog off the line. Launch RPMs are really inconsistent. Do you ever want to wheelie at a drag strip? Heck no. Totally slows you down. I've never seen a Porsche that needs wheelie bars, but I've seen plenty of VW bugs that need them and use them. Pretty much the same thing with much more power and better aerodynamics. Can't remember ever seeing runs from a 9 second car that were over 1/2 second apart. I'd still believe with the right launch RPM and wheelie bars it looks like an 8 second car!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It can do a better wheelie than my CBR.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Bswarm is on a distinguished road
Thats crazy!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Congrats on some incredible runs indeed.
I don't want to be a troll because the car looks incredibly hard to drive. I'm sorry, but look at the slips. Did you see the reaction time on the second run? Did you hear it totally bog off the line. Launch RPMs are really inconsistent. Do you ever want to wheelie at a drag strip? Heck no. Totally slows you down. I've never seen a Porsche that needs wheelie bars, but I've seen plenty of VW bugs that need them and use them. Pretty much the same thing with much more power and better aerodynamics. Can't remember ever seeing runs from a 9 second car that were over 1/2 second apart. I'd still believe with the right launch RPM and wheelie bars it looks like an 8 second car!
Test n tune - reaction time means nothing. He just stages until he is 100% ready to go. Look up Ranger's stock Z06 record slip - I think his reaction time is like 23 seconds. LOL - more than double what it took to run down the strip.

Everybody's first reaction after watching the videos of him doing wheelies is he needs a wheelie bar. Eddie has addressed the wheelie bar issue before in one of the threads here on 6speed. I don't remember his reasons why he couldn't do it but I'll take his word on the subject.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Tinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Props to Eddie.

That thing uses 1/3 of the track with the front wheels either off or barely touching the ground. Anything ever breaks in the driveline he is going to have a meeting with a concrete barrier.

Keep pushing it Eddie. You have my respect.

Tinker

Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Update.. Eddie beat mullet in his UGRTT. Eddies 185.x to Mullets 175.x, Mullet ran a 180.x the run before but I think he got the green light earlier in the stage box.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM
mash1 is on a distinguished road
That is amazing, congrats!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Nardo4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Epic!