997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 10:45 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Justin, thanks for sharing your story. I like others am very frustrated for you. If there is any true "family" here it's the 6speed members who communicate for the benefit of all.

Like I said in my post to your other thread, I moved from AZ to TX and have been inside the EVOMS facility. There is absolutely no excuse for not addressing this issue with you in a more timely manner. I don't care who your point person is...Rob, Ian, Matt, Todd...etc...this is a business with many years in the game and one that has serviced many 6 speed members. How can they not be more responsive to you one way or the other.

There are many threads here posted by EVOMS where they highlighted their projects cars, builds, Texas results etc. so obviously they know what gets posted here. Why is there not someone their handling PR?

I have no idea what an EVT775 kit costs but to think you wasted another 20k after bonehead (6speed member) spent big money getting it done originally is worrisome. Then you spend another lump sum locally...

Customer says he wants to spend 10k and you bill him for 20k. How about some dialogue along the way to inform him why it needs this work, approval of terms etc. How about some business tact to not discuss this with his wife who may already has concerns about such a big purchase and the stress her husband is going through. Am I missing something here...business 101?

Good luck Justin, I hope you get some sort of information, resolution, piece of mind and apology for how you have been treated.
+1 to all of this.

OP, I sincerely hope things work out for you. It's really surprising to hear that one of the "big guys" in P car modification is involved in this.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
triblk6spd - I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. These kind of stories always make me want to throw up. Good luck.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:00 PM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
not cool
wish you good luck man

Last edited by mtlsp; 07-14-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
I'm really sorry to hear about all this triblk6spd. Blows my mind!!

Hopefully there will be a resolution you are satisfied with soon!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Banned
bug killer will become famous soon enough
good luck with any resolutions. I HAD high respect for these guys.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:00 AM
cp supreme is on a distinguished road
How is it possible that EVO has still not addressed this thread?
I only hear about their cars running with problems. A guy that lives right around me has a 775 kit and we did probably 4 different pulls from a few different speeds and I beat him every time in my stock Turbo S. Maybe this is normal because of the PDK? I don't know. Regardless of what kind of power the kit actually produces, I'd be so pissed if I was the OP with all the bull**** they fed him every step of the way.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM
nevert00fast will become famous soon enoughnevert00fast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cp supreme
I only hear about their cars running with problems. A guy that lives right around me has a 775 kit and we did probably 4 different pulls from a few different speeds and I beat him every time in my stock Turbo S. Maybe this is normal because of the PDK? I don't know. Regardless of what kind of power the kit actually produces, I'd be so pissed if I was the OP with all the bull**** they fed him every step of the way.
That can't be right, stock Turbo S traps around what? High 120s-low 130s? I would think a 775 kit would be able to beat that from a roll.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 AM
cp supreme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nevert00fast
That can't be right, stock Turbo S traps around what? High 120s-low 130s? I would think a 775 kit would be able to beat that from a roll.
Yea, that was kind of my point. Clearly, the car was not running right.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 AM
antoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to allantoniosz32 is a name known to all
Those welds Look terrible. You can see where there was no attention to cleaning the aluminum, they cold in some spots and hot in others, and overall look amateur at best. I deff would be very pissed if I paid 2100 bucks for that.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Well I do not know what to say about about reading this review buddy... You handled that A LOT better than I would. So many things that you went through including no communication leading up to a 22k bill would have me on the first flight to AZ. That is completely unacceptable when dealing with such high end cars and such high bills.

I honestly have 30k aside at the moment for when I buy my 997.1 and it was going to go to EVOMS because I am in Vegas and they are close. I am 100% not going to be going there now. I am sorry it took your hard times and stress for me to realize I am better off somewhere else.

Good luck with the car and post progress buddy!

PS: Thanks a lot for sharing!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
nevert00fast will become famous soon enoughnevert00fast will become famous soon enough
Yea, that was kind of my point. Clearly, the car was not running right.
Definitely, you have more details on the runs? Interested to see how bad it was.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I believe they are trying to straighten this out off line. When there was no initial response from my PMs, I asked a fellow moderator who has a good relationship with EVOMS to reach out to them. I am told that Ian is working to make things right, and he would resolve issues with the customer first before posting here.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i purchased the evoms intake piping for my 996 turbo. after looking at the website add i made a deal with a board sponser for this and some other parts.
shipped my intake to the vendor for modding and waited for the all the parts. after receiving all the parts, it was clear from the beginning the intake piping was a very poor fit. i spent weeks trying to get it to fit without success. i called evoms and spoke to ian who informed me that since i didnt buy from them they would provide no support because they didnt modify the intake plenum.(after speaking with the vendor i purchased the parts from he informed me the plenum was sent to evoms for the needed modifying ) after speaking with the vendor and his assurance that if i cut the piping and it still didnt fit he would refund my cost, i cut all the piping up and make a custom fitment. never again would i buy anything from evoms. in the end 900$ for ill fitting product that never fit properly.

heres the add they continue to run.

Air Inlet - Turbo Ducts
SKU:INTKFAID996TT

Evolution MotorSports continues to lead the Porsche performance aftermarket with new and innovative products for the 996 twin turbo models. Our most recent product is our V-Flow 70mm polyurethane turbo fresh air inlet ducts. The OEM ducts are significantly smaller in diameter, which restricts the air feeding the turbochargers. This restriction causes increased turbo lag and an overall power restriction on higher horsepower engines. Our V-Flow air inlet ducts internal diameter is increased by as much as 60% in certain sections, which allows for more airflow and more power. Our system is a direct replacement for OEM system and will add more power and torque on any modified 996TT / GT2.

Features

-Molded Polyurethane Pipes for a perfect fit and maximized air flow
-Improves boost response and overall power
-Reduces heat and improves acceleration
-Eliminates OEM restrictive cast aluminum and plastic duct

Last edited by 32krazy!; 06-17-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by freddiemac
I bought a EVT700 car this year too. It was built back in late 2007.

So far, I have to say that I'm less than impressed with their headers (cracks due to pretty but weak welds, not polished/ported), intercooler had a crack(may not be their fault). And turbos had to be rebuilt (maybe related to the boost leak through IC). I'll post pics later. Also the GIAC tune that came with the car was not good at all (another thread when I have time).

Again, my car has been in the shop as much as in my garage. Hope that makes you feel better that you're not the only one with issue from them..
We supported a very small number of 997s with those kits, and even then the software was only beta. There weren't any public files available as we parted ways before the full release of that kit. Most of them were swapped out long ago anyways. We have done some custom files on them and customers have been very happy with those. Did your car still have switching? Sorry for the threadjack, OP.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:22 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I have had an EVT700 then upped it to and EVT775 with dual ecu and other goodies. The car was street tuned by Todd/Evoms for 91oct and 100oct. Although it had 15k on the clock I have never once had an issue in the years I owned it.

Maybe it comes down to the history of the vehicle and how it was cared for vs crapping on a vendor for various issues when it was purchased third party with a few previous owners. Sometimes it appears to be a deal for a reason.

I do agree 100% on the racked up bill and your overall handling of this situation has been superb.

Recently sold it this month in anticipation for a 2014 vehicle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*