997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 10:47 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Sums it up

Old 06-30-2018, 04:44 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by twturbo
sums it up

lol.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:01 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
It is funny. But. At the same time seeing how a well trained Porsche tech pins the coolant pipes there is simply no excuse for those weak failing welds.

See this thread for details on the pros of pinning vs. welding

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...urbo-cars.html

Personally, I would rather leave my car stock or never own a car out of warranty than have to deal with a fiasco like this. Shameful that they are still trying to cast the blame on so called "bad apples" who have left the organization rather than rectifying the situation with the OP and making him feel some sense of satisfaction

The tuning world is so sad becuase people will see a giant rig like that at the track and think "wow" these guys are the best

little do we realize that "these guys" changed and left with the OP's $22,000

shameful

Last edited by 08957; 06-30-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:44 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. I appreciate the valuable input. Iv been on top of this thread for one reason and one reason only. I'v still never received even a single piece of correspondence from anyone at Evolution Motorsports, from way back when or the current staff. I understand buying a business and trying to fix what's broken but the money that was paid to Todd was based off revenue from customers like me. My $22K showed up in the revenue stream. Soooo after I was left w my broken EVT 775 the previous owner of Evolution Motorsports *Todd continued to pad his bank account via the sale of his business, by way of customers like me. Should I let it go? Probably... Will I let it go? Will I stop sharing my story for others to learn from? Maybe...when I feel like someone...anyone...gives two ****s about my situation and the $22K I wasted.
Again, thanks all!

*edit* Yes, I'm fully aware that my measley $22K invoice probably didn't change the selling price more than an couple cents.

Last edited by triblk6spd; 07-01-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:36 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T6fLHOSYk

Old 07-05-2018, 06:31 PM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Sam,

There is now nobody here anymore who would have been responsible for the problems and experience Justin had
For the record - again - I had an experience like Justin's. It's been nearly two years since I took you up on your offer to try and get some closure with EVOMS (back when you weren't the owner). Two years since we exchanged emails. Two years since you blew me off in typical EVOMS fashion. Not anyone else- you personally.

I in no way, impartial or not, dispute that Justin had a really bad experience. But the company he had that experience with is gone in virtually every way but name. Aside from venting, and a cautious tale to consumers and other aftermarket companies on what happens in a bad situation, I'm not sure what practical purpose this thread serves anymore.
It serves as a good reminder to handle things sooner rather than later. And when you buy a name you buy the baggage attached to it (whether you want it or not). You had the opportunity two years ago to discuss this with me and Justin. I emailed you and explained exactly what was going on. You seemed receptive. Todd was going to call me. You told me EVOMS were going to reach out to Justin. We were going to try and get things fixed. Didn't happen... so here we are again.

If anyone would like to discuss this or any other issues regarding Evolution Motorsports, my email is sstone@evoms.com and my desk line is 480-568-8736. I am happy to hear your situation and make amends if needed.
I literally tried. It's frustrating that you put this offer out there to fix things but I've actually taken you up on that offer with no luck. Reposting it didn't jog your memory? "Oh, hey... wonder whatever happened to Cam. Maybe he got over it."

No. My car never worked. I sent it to EVOMS when I first bought it. I don't know how much I paid to get it in tip top shape- thousands and thousands. Got it. Didn't work. Local companies worked with you guys over the next few months and after another 7K (a big part of that was new EVOMS intercoolers) it didn't work. I sent it back to EVOMS and after thousands more dollars I got it back with some nice bonuses: 3K miles, trashed paint, destroyed front diffuser, black oil stains on my seat, and a few stage 5 revs on my car. And it still didn't work. But it wasn't you guys. So, no sweat.

Cam

Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by UTPorsche
Sam,

For the record - again - I had an experience like Justin's. It's been nearly two years since I took you up on your offer to try and get some closure with EVOMS (back when you weren't the owner). Two years since we exchanged emails. Two years since you blew me off in typical EVOMS fashion. Not anyone else- you personally.

It serves as a good reminder to handle things sooner rather than later. And when you buy a name you buy the baggage attached to it (whether you want it or not). You had the opportunity two years ago to discuss this with me and Justin. I emailed you and explained exactly what was going on. You seemed receptive. Todd was going to call me. You told me EVOMS were going to reach out to Justin. We were going to try and get things fixed. Didn't happen... so here we are again.

I literally tried. It's frustrating that you put this offer out there to fix things but I've actually taken you up on that offer with no luck. Reposting it didn't jog your memory? "Oh, hey... wonder whatever happened to Cam. Maybe he got over it."

No. My car never worked. I sent it to EVOMS when I first bought it. I don't know how much I paid to get it in tip top shape- thousands and thousands. Got it. Didn't work. Local companies worked with you guys over the next few months and after another 7K (a big part of that was new EVOMS intercoolers) it didn't work. I sent it back to EVOMS and after thousands more dollars I got it back with some nice bonuses: 3K miles, trashed paint, destroyed front diffuser, black oil stains on my seat, and a few stage 5 revs on my car. And it still didn't work. But it wasn't you guys. So, no sweat.

Cam
Man sorry to hear this horror story and no wonder you now have a 2016 P Turbo

What a disaster - it pains me to hear these stories and gives me nightmares

Old 07-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Thanks guys. I appreciate the valuable input. Iv been on top of this thread for one reason and one reason only. I'v still never received even a single piece of correspondence from anyone at Evolution Motorsports, from way back when or the current staff. I understand buying a business and trying to fix what's broken but the money that was paid to Todd was based off revenue from customers like me. My $22K showed up in the revenue stream. Soooo after I was left w my broken EVT 775 the previous owner of Evolution Motorsports *Todd continued to pad his bank account via the sale of his business, by way of customers like me. Should I let it go? Probably... Will I let it go? Will I stop sharing my story for others to learn from? Maybe...when I feel like someone...anyone...gives two ****s about my situation and the $22K I wasted.
Again, thanks all!

*edit* Yes, I'm fully aware that my measley $22K invoice probably didn't change the selling price more than an couple cents.
Justin, I reached out to you in 2016 but never heard back. I took the lack of reply to mean you weren't interested in discussing the situation with us. I sent you a PM with my personal contact information if you want to talk.

Originally Posted by UTPorsche
Sam,

Cam
Cam--you are completely right, we had a discussion two years ago that I forgot to follow up on. It was two days before I got married, and when I returned the week after it never happened. I'm sorry that I did and that it let this situation fester. I've just sent you an email with my personal contact information to continue our discussion.

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 07-10-2018, 07:58 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Sam, I can honestly say I never received any type of message from you or anyone else at Evolution Motorsports.
I just got back from a short trip to Upstate New York and read and replied to your PM here.

Cam, look for a FB message. Hope all is well with you buddy!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 PM
JANUARY 13th 2019
Well for those of you following this nonsense. As you can see Sam reached out (publicly) in this thread. I can only assume to make it seem like he was the kind of guy and new business owner who might care to make a happy customer out of a seriously pissed off one.
I can assure everyone this is NOT the case. I'm going to keep this update short... Since Sam REACHED OUT TO ME we have been...at least I thought we were...hatching a plan to help square up on at least a portion of the thousands of dollars I paid Evolution for their ridiculously terrible products and services. Keep in mind...Sam reached out to me. Since we started communicating months ago the song and dance I'm used to from Evolution Motorsports is the same. All talk and zero follow thru.
I'm not going to bother quoting Sam's statements made to me about how Evolution Motorsports would like to talk about generating a happy customer by simply compensating me for a portion of the moneys paid to his company for their dismal products and services...rather just let it be known that nothing has changed on my end and I can only assume within the business as a whole.
At this point it would be easier to just tell me to **** off rather than to waste my time going back and forth for 4 months only to tell me an offer would be put forward and then never follow up on it. Dont let Sam fool you...this isnt complicated. Its basic customer service.
I hope everyone who takes the time to read this insanity will come away with at least the idea that this happened to me and it could happen to you.

Thanks for following along!

Old 01-14-2019, 05:24 AM
austx911 will become famous soon enoughaustx911 will become famous soon enough
Evolution is not unique. Customer service is dead in the US and it's especially bad in this industry imo. I'm old enough to remember what great customer service looks like.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:22 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
It's the cost of capitalism. We all demand everything to be cheaper, faster, more often. That comes at the cost of quality and customer experience. Few products/services have managed to pull this off without impact, and most that still maintain quality and genuine customer interactions come at a premium price tag.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Terrible thread, but a good reminder to everyone to stay vigilant as enthusiasts and as a community trying to help protect one another. What a shame that we have to deal with these issues as enthusiasts, and I've found it is better to make strong local relationships with shops than to rely on 'experts' that live far away from us. At least that way we can be much more 'hands on' when it comes to managing these projects.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:24 PM
**UPDATE**
Sam *Owner Evolution Motorsports and I have come to an agreement in which he's agreed to compensate me for my time and money lost during my involvement with his busines. If you look back at this exhausting thread you will see that Sam actually reached out to me last year in attempt to maybe remedy this situation. That was many, many months ago so I'm definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell!

I'll be updating this post again on August 1st. If Sam stands by his word and makes good on his agreement I will be able to say without a doubt that things have changed for the better at EVOMS. ...if not...well I'll get to that August 1st.

Let's hope for the best guys!

Last edited by triblk6spd; 06-04-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
hope you get this resolved, it sucks to go through this, I had a similar issue with a sh*t shop in NY on my e46, cost me 20k and I have a judgement against this *******

https://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899864

crazy how people try to pull the wool over your eyes, but guys just remember, if they're a board sponsor here and you bash, even if justified, you get a PM from a moderator. LOL..

GL !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My EVOMS EVT775 ownership thread. *Long...*