6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/310553-best-exhaust-997tt-poll.html)

LeoLambo 06-16-2013 11:13 PM

The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL

FRIENDLY POLL!

I just want to see what's the most popular exhaust for the 997TT

What is your favorite exhaust for the 997TT?

triblk6spd 06-16-2013 11:44 PM

Subsibed. I gotta say my BBI exhaust seems to make good power and sounds incredible. The only reason Id change is to do a lighter piece.

TT Surgeon 06-17-2013 06:45 AM

I recently heard a bbi, sounded very good.
The best, IMO is the Ruf,~8k USD, if you've got da scratch!

GTRNICK 06-17-2013 06:47 AM

So you should change the heading to most popular exhaust rather than best!

DNugget991GT3 06-17-2013 11:21 AM

headers make s BIG diff in sound.
ive got an fvd exxhaust, 200cell HJS cats (the car can still shoot flames, that was important to me) along with Fabspeed headers.
at ~3000-4000 the car HOWLS. beautiful sound.

btw, i hear Europipe sounds the best.

Bluehinder 06-17-2013 12:13 PM

Ha ha, did we really need this poll to know the answer? Europipe all the way.

LeoLambo 06-17-2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by GTRNICK (Post 3874137)
So you should change the heading to most popular exhaust rather than best!

Well 9 times out of 10 the most popular is best.

Price= P
Quality= Q
Performance= P2
Popular= P3
Best exhaust= B

P+ Q+ P2= P3= B

B= Europipe.

I'm getting Europipe in my car this Saturday, I was sure but now I'm 100/ sure.

Thank you guys

bbywu 06-17-2013 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine=1371501266

I was told there would be no math.

speed21 06-17-2013 05:36 PM

There are the them's that knows;)

.... EP all the way. For the $ it's the best value mod for this car in my book.

TT Surgeon 06-17-2013 10:02 PM

My two main issues with EP was being too loud at LRP( black flagged x2) and sounding like a dodge truck on cold start up.. Otherwise it was a great sounding, drone free exhaust, but I wouldn't buy another one, that's just my opinion.

LeoLambo 06-17-2013 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon (Post 3874801)
My two main issues with EP was being too loud at LRP( black flagged x2) and sounding like a dodge truck on cold start up.. Otherwise it was a great sounding, drone free exhaust, but I wouldn't buy another one, that's just my opinion.

I respect you opinion and after having 3 different exhaust in my car I think exhaust are very personal! Everybody have a different taste but one thing is for sure if I was gonna spend $4000 + in a exhaust system for my car I will go with EP because in the future I can always get what I paid for it back....

You said you got black flag 2 because is too loud??? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

Techart is loud and drone free I can't really say anything bad about that exhaust but I always wanted to try out EP!! I be more than happy to share with ya'll my opinion this Saturday!

LeoLambo 06-18-2013 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Steve K ny (Post 3874351)
headers make s BIG diff in sound.
ive got an fvd exxhaust, 200cell HJS cats (the car can still shoot flames, that was important to me) along with Fabspeed headers.
at ~3000-4000 the car HOWLS. beautiful sound.

btw, i hear Europipe sounds the best.

The stock headers are partly double walled so the air inside the header tubes remains very hot. Hot air = big volume = high air speed = faster spinning turbocharger = good. Aftermarket headers are never double walled but they have a better flowing 3 into 1 collector. So with aftermarket headers you'll lose a little and you'll gain a little at the same time. I'm sure they can be better on very high hp engines but for us "normal guys" I'd stick with the stock ones

TT Surgeon 06-18-2013 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 3874830)

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon (Post 3874801)

I respect you opinion and after having 3 different exhaust in my car I think exhaust are very personal! Everybody have a different taste but one thing is for sure if I was gonna spend $4000 + in a exhaust system for my car I will go with EP because in the future I can always get what I paid for it back....

You said you got black flag 2 because is too loud??? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

Techart is loud and drone free I can't really say anything bad about that exhaust but I always wanted to try out EP!! I be more than happy to share with ya'll my opinion this Saturday!

LRP has a very restrictive 90db rule at wot in the front straight. They even black flagged a new tts with the stock exhaust!
LRP track noise regulations are completely different than daily driving noise issues.
I actually went with a special 88db Fvd to replace it, even quieter.
The EP is a fine exhaust, good resale. But, it isn't an especially loud exhaust, perhaps swap it for an ep2 b4 installing?

Tom@Champion 06-18-2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 3874991)
The stock headers are partly double walled so the air inside the header tubes remains very hot. Hot air = big volume = high air speed = faster spinning turbocharger = good. Aftermarket headers are never double walled but they have a better flowing 3 into 1 collector. So with aftermarket headers you'll lose a little and you'll gain a little at the same time. I'm sure they can be better on very high hp engines but for us "normal guys" I'd stick with the stock ones

Careful....this is not true. High EGT's are your VTG turbocharger's worst enemy. Wrapping or ceramic coating headers on a VTG setup is definitely NOT a good idea.

As for the stock headers being good...you're correct. Up to a certain point you'd be totally fine with stock headers. I have cars making 610 awhp on the stock headers, but that's about the limit. Any more then that and you'll need a good aftermarket header.

LeoLambo 06-18-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion (Post 3875092)

Careful....this is not true. High EGT's are your VTG turbocharger's worst enemy. Wrapping or ceramic coating headers on a VTG setup is definitely NOT a good idea.

As for the stock headers being good...you're correct. Up to a certain point you'd be totally fine with stock headers. I have cars making 610 awhp on the stock headers, but that's about the limit. Any more then that and you'll need a good aftermarket header.

Tom,

I never mention wrapping or ceramic coating, basically what I said is the stock headers are unbeatable for "normal guys like us" normal guys means 500WHP more or less...

610WHP is crazy! I'm glad to know the stock headers work well with that kind of power!