997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: What's your favorite exhaust for the 997TT
TUBI
10.68%
GMG
4.85%
EUROPIPE
43.69%
FABSPEED
7.77%
TECHART
1.94%
CARGRAPHIC
6.80%
FVD
6.80%
PROTOMOTIVE
5.83%
911TUNE
2.91%
OTHER
8.74%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL

FRIENDLY POLL!

I just want to see what's the most popular exhaust for the 997TT

What is your favorite exhaust for the 997TT?

Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Subsibed. I gotta say my BBI exhaust seems to make good power and sounds incredible. The only reason Id change is to do a lighter piece.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:45 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I recently heard a bbi, sounded very good.
The best, IMO is the Ruf,~8k USD, if you've got da scratch!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
So you should change the heading to most popular exhaust rather than best!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
headers make s BIG diff in sound.
ive got an fvd exxhaust, 200cell HJS cats (the car can still shoot flames, that was important to me) along with Fabspeed headers.
at ~3000-4000 the car HOWLS. beautiful sound.

btw, i hear Europipe sounds the best.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Ha ha, did we really need this poll to know the answer? Europipe all the way.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
So you should change the heading to most popular exhaust rather than best!
Well 9 times out of 10 the most popular is best.

Price= P
Quality= Q
Performance= P2
Popular= P3
Best exhaust= B

P+ Q+ P2= P3= B

B= Europipe.

I'm getting Europipe in my car this Saturday, I was sure but now I'm 100/ sure.

Thank you guys

Old 06-17-2013, 02:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

I was told there would be no math.

Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
There are the them's that knows

.... EP all the way. For the $ it's the best value mod for this car in my book.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
My two main issues with EP was being too loud at LRP( black flagged x2) and sounding like a dodge truck on cold start up.. Otherwise it was a great sounding, drone free exhaust, but I wouldn't buy another one, that's just my opinion.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
My two main issues with EP was being too loud at LRP( black flagged x2) and sounding like a dodge truck on cold start up.. Otherwise it was a great sounding, drone free exhaust, but I wouldn't buy another one, that's just my opinion.
I respect you opinion and after having 3 different exhaust in my car I think exhaust are very personal! Everybody have a different taste but one thing is for sure if I was gonna spend $4000 + in a exhaust system for my car I will go with EP because in the future I can always get what I paid for it back....

You said you got black flag 2 because is too loud??? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

Techart is loud and drone free I can't really say anything bad about that exhaust but I always wanted to try out EP!! I be more than happy to share with ya'll my opinion this Saturday!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
headers make s BIG diff in sound.
ive got an fvd exxhaust, 200cell HJS cats (the car can still shoot flames, that was important to me) along with Fabspeed headers.
at ~3000-4000 the car HOWLS. beautiful sound.

btw, i hear Europipe sounds the best.
The stock headers are partly double walled so the air inside the header tubes remains very hot. Hot air = big volume = high air speed = faster spinning turbocharger = good. Aftermarket headers are never double walled but they have a better flowing 3 into 1 collector. So with aftermarket headers you'll lose a little and you'll gain a little at the same time. I'm sure they can be better on very high hp engines but for us "normal guys" I'd stick with the stock ones

Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I respect you opinion and after having 3 different exhaust in my car I think exhaust are very personal! Everybody have a different taste but one thing is for sure if I was gonna spend $4000 + in a exhaust system for my car I will go with EP because in the future I can always get what I paid for it back....

You said you got black flag 2 because is too loud??? That's exactly what I'm looking for!!

Techart is loud and drone free I can't really say anything bad about that exhaust but I always wanted to try out EP!! I be more than happy to share with ya'll my opinion this Saturday!
LRP has a very restrictive 90db rule at wot in the front straight. They even black flagged a new tts with the stock exhaust!
LRP track noise regulations are completely different than daily driving noise issues.
I actually went with a special 88db Fvd to replace it, even quieter.
The EP is a fine exhaust, good resale. But, it isn't an especially loud exhaust, perhaps swap it for an ep2 b4 installing?

Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
The stock headers are partly double walled so the air inside the header tubes remains very hot. Hot air = big volume = high air speed = faster spinning turbocharger = good. Aftermarket headers are never double walled but they have a better flowing 3 into 1 collector. So with aftermarket headers you'll lose a little and you'll gain a little at the same time. I'm sure they can be better on very high hp engines but for us "normal guys" I'd stick with the stock ones
Careful....this is not true. High EGT's are your VTG turbocharger's worst enemy. Wrapping or ceramic coating headers on a VTG setup is definitely NOT a good idea.

As for the stock headers being good...you're correct. Up to a certain point you'd be totally fine with stock headers. I have cars making 610 awhp on the stock headers, but that's about the limit. Any more then that and you'll need a good aftermarket header.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion

Careful....this is not true. High EGT's are your VTG turbocharger's worst enemy. Wrapping or ceramic coating headers on a VTG setup is definitely NOT a good idea.

As for the stock headers being good...you're correct. Up to a certain point you'd be totally fine with stock headers. I have cars making 610 awhp on the stock headers, but that's about the limit. Any more then that and you'll need a good aftermarket header.
Tom,

I never mention wrapping or ceramic coating, basically what I said is the stock headers are unbeatable for "normal guys like us" normal guys means 500WHP more or less...

610WHP is crazy! I'm glad to know the stock headers work well with that kind of power!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL