997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: What's your favorite exhaust for the 997TT
TUBI
10.68%
GMG
4.85%
EUROPIPE
43.69%
FABSPEED
7.77%
TECHART
1.94%
CARGRAPHIC
6.80%
FVD
6.80%
PROTOMOTIVE
5.83%
911TUNE
2.91%
OTHER
8.74%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
My friend has the gmg on his turbo, sounds like a cup car at the track.
There's more than one way to skin a cat boys.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 06-25-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Chris i agree with you, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat

I respect your opinions but there is something not right in here.... first you said the old Tubi is the best exhaust for the 997TT but:

1-If the old exhaust was so good why they stop making it? why they came out with a new design (single can) i hear the new system in Champion yesterday and i liked it, some people complain about drone but i don't really care about drone.

2- If you were so happy with it why did you sell it?

3-Why you didn't buy the brand new old Tubi system that was in the classifieds in the other forum 2 months ago? it was brand new and the guy was asking only for $3000 OBO

4-Why would you spend $8000 for a Ruff exhaust if there is "more than one way to skin a cat" and that way is not the cheapest one... we agree that most exhaust deliver the same power in the past so why Ruff would be worth $8000?

I'm sure GMG is a very good exhaust and it was in my list before i found EP1, why you just don't get GMG and save you self some cash?

I don't really care about how you spend your money as you know i made a lot of expensive mistakes in the past with exhausts and the fabspeed hot air intake but i'm trying to understand your point, to me it seems like your story changes everyday... and honestly it doesn't make a lot of sense....

Please don't get upset with me but i think you just dislike EP for some reason... but you don't realize 50% or more of the people in this Forum think EP is the best exhaust... majority can't be wrong.

You told me that EP1 was not louder than Techart, Fabspeed version 2 (the quiet version) & the 911tune xpipes catless and that is totally BS because EP1 is 30% (or more) louder than all the exhaust i had in the past.

911tune catless exhaust (my video with my car)

Techart Exhaust

Europipe1

I don't have a video of Fabspeed but that exhaust i DIDN'T REALLY LIKE IT AT ALL....

Last edited by LeoLambo; 06-25-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
A lot of personal questions....
1.You have to ask tubi, but if you know anything about manufacturing, it's much cheaper to have a single can with detachable pieces rather than two separate cans with precision welds (there are no clamps on a gen 1 tubi)

c
Just wanted to clarify something about our switch from the dual to single can design for the 997 Turbo before what you're saying gets taken as truth. The switch to a single can design had absolutely nothing to do with manufacturing cost. It was done for two reasons:

1. The dual can design was essentially a descendant of our 996 Turbo muffler. Many people think there was only ever 1 dual can Tubi system for the 997 turbo, but it actually went through many variations. The biggest problem with that system was that is almost NEVER lined up properly. One muffler almost always say slightly lower then the other. It also never quite sounded "great". It droned quite a bit.

2. Performance. Simply put...we needed to have a cat-less option that we could use with our 997 turbo power packages, along with the standard 200 cel hi-flow cat version. We did a lot of testing here on single versus dual cans and found that with a specific type of exhaust routing in the single can, the cars made more power then with the dual cans.

The Porsche line of exhaust systems from Tubi are really more of a Champion/Tubi product. They don't sell a system until we've tested it and approved. In fact, in most cases the original prototypes and designs come right from our engineering team first.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
I wanted:
- to fit the .2 bumper and exhaust tips
- an exhaust that didn't throw any CEL's while the ECU was stock
- an European exhaust so i didn't have to clear it through customs
- nice sound

After talking to Stef, the decision was easy.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ok, there you have it, I still liked it better Tom.
C

Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Ok, there you have it, I still liked it better Tom.
C
You probably had the latest version of it...which did sound pretty good from the outside. You didn't think it droned a little too much though?

Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Actually, not at all. I guess I was lucky.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
EP1 is considered a quiet exhaust, ask stef if you don't believe me. Just for the record, the FS I had all were much louder than my EP, of course I bought a new one (maybe yours is worn out)??
If yours is louder, then that is BS my friend.
You're right about one thing, what I spend my money on is none of your biz, you on the other hand, asked for advice...I'm sorry I gave it now. Enjoy the koolaide.
regards
c
Chris

I'm sorry if I asked a lot of personal question, I didn't mean to make you upset...

1-When you started driving Pcars I was probably playing need4speed so obviously you know more than me.

2-You are older than me (I'm 27 years old) and I don't like to fight with older people who can teach me things (I'm not calling you old man but I'm sure our age difference is huge)

So please let's just have a Friendly discussion about exhausts, everybody have different taste and we all know exhaust are very personal.

----------------------------------------------------------

Europipe

1- I think Stef describe EP1 & EP2 as loud exhaust in his website.

" 997.1 Turbo
We offer two different sport exhausts for the MY2006 to MY2009 997.1 Turbo. Both are loud exhausts." (Please see attached picture of his website)

I'm not in the Payroll for Europipe but I was having a hard time trying to find the right exhaust for my taste and I finally found it and it's loud, I posted some videos of it (where are your videos?) so I guess it's not "BS"

Tubi

2 days ago I went to Chapion and I hear Tubi (the new exhaust) and it's loud and beautiful. I find it really hard to believe that a well know company like Tubi will stop making a high performance exhaust and make a different exhaust (single can) just to save some money, I'm sure the quality & performance is way superior....

Attached Images  

Last edited by LeoLambo; 06-26-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Just wanted to clarify something about our switch from the dual to single can design for the 997 Turbo before what you're saying gets taken as truth. The switch to a single can design had absolutely nothing to do with manufacturing cost. It was done for two reasons:

1. The dual can design was essentially a descendant of our 996 Turbo muffler. Many people think there was only ever 1 dual can Tubi system for the 997 turbo, but it actually went through many variations. The biggest problem with that system was that is almost NEVER lined up properly. One muffler almost always say slightly lower then the other. It also never quite sounded "great". It droned quite a bit.

2. Performance. Simply put...we needed to have a cat-less option that we could use with our 997 turbo power packages, along with the standard 200 cel hi-flow cat version. We did a lot of testing here on single versus dual cans and found that with a specific type of exhaust routing in the single can, the cars made more power then with the dual cans.

The Porsche line of exhaust systems from Tubi are really more of a Champion/Tubi product. They don't sell a system until we've tested it and approved. In fact, in most cases the original prototypes and designs come right from our engineering team first.
Agree on the alignment issue above. Good info Tom

Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I think this is a good time to bow out of this thread.
c

Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
I think this is a good time to bow out of this thread.
c
I'm sorry if I put you in that situation... Let's just change the subject...

Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Can somebody post a video of the GMG exhaust?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Sounds like a cup car at the track? Even GT3 doesn't sound exactly like a cup car without major mods. If this is true I will sell my Europipe.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Sounds like a cup car at the track? Even GT3 doesn't sound exactly like a cup car without major mods. If this is true I will sell my Europipe.
I don't know if it sounds like a cup car but it sounds really good when it is opened up. GMG's own description is dead on "mechanical sounding." I run mine in autoX and it sounds great. I don't have a track real close to run it on so we do the PCA autoXs around Knoxville. Everybody that has heard mine really thinks it sounds great. I have yet to hear a Europipe but in the sound clips nothing sounds like the GMG exhaust.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by mattgarrett

but in the sound clips nothing sounds like the GMG exhaust.
Ohh come on Matt you were the one who wanted to trade your exhaust + money for my Europipe... So now don't play the happy customer....

I think this is funny.... People who have EP can be very arrogant and ****y & people who doesn't have the EP will do anything try to convince everybody that EP is trash and not worth the money....

I think this thread is gonna be close very soon.... What a shame that we can talk like adults and respect each others opinions

Last edited by LeoLambo; 06-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL