997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Child Booster Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 12:36 PM
glassyp has a spectacular aura aboutglassyp has a spectacular aura about
Child Booster Seats

I have kids all of the Booster seat age, and i was looking at the Porsche Junior and junior plus car seats, does anyone have info on just booster seats that fit the 997 tt.. any help is appreciated...

Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Steve_TT has a spectacular aura aboutSteve_TT has a spectacular aura about
Those US child seats aren't approved for Canada, so I had to find alternates. I'm glad as the below works excellent for me and was quite the find.
- 3yr old in a Safety 1st OnSide Air Protect Convertible Car Seat (has narrow back rails and sits low)
- 6yr old in a Apramo Child Booster Seat (has vee channel bottom)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
I picked these up at Canadian Tire, but I assume they'll be in the States somewhere. They were surprisingly super inexpensive and look "good" (as can be I suppose) in the back seats. Walmart supposedly has a vee channel bottom booster, but I never needed to go confirm.

My kids totally enjoy taking my car, so hopefully you'll have the same luck. Cheers

Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 PM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
I use a
bubblebum inflatable booster bubblebum inflatable booster
for my 6 year old son. Fits well in the back of my cabriolet. It doesn't look like much but with the straps to position the belt, the seat belt fits him more securely than his normal booster does. Easily fits in the frunk when not in use.

Now just gotta find something I can use occasionally for the 2yo...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 AM
glassyp has a spectacular aura aboutglassyp has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the info, Steve i can not find that seat anywhere in the states, its only on line in the UK, i will keep looking... Roybotnik is that an blow up seat, its weird but interesting....

Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Yea, it inflates. It's made of some really durable material that isn't going to pop. Booster seats are mainly there to position the seat belts and this one does a good job w/ the 3 straps it has.

Obviously you don't get the side protection like you would with a full back booster, but if you're using the booster without a back it does just as good a job as any.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Steve_TT has a spectacular aura aboutSteve_TT has a spectacular aura about
I took a look on Walmart.com and they appear to have practical matches.

Harmony Booster (approx $13) and Safety 1st Convertible (approx $100). While at Walmart, pick up black towels to stuff under and behind convertible.

My boosters were on sale for $15, so I pre-bought an extra one! A small trick with the booster. The vee base fits perfect in the little back seat, but one of the "arm rests" is a tiny bit wide, so you'll need a heat gun to warm up the wing and bend in slightly. Cheers