997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Kline Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
Really..... Wow. I'm in the USA so I must know everyone. Oh and I think I have disagreed with ryem3, who is NOT my friend unlike you and your boy stef, more than agreed. Just like you are defending your friend and his overpriced metal. I don't have kline but it's your comments that ensure I won't get an EP and I hope everyone else realizes they can get an exhaust with no drone for way less money.
Good point.

EP is great but way over priced IMO.

So many beautiful exhausts systems to chose from out there and Kline seems to be one of them.

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-04-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by ryem3
Wow, this is like a turbo/GTR thread. Hey, I love a raucous cold start, but my neighbors don't. The EP comment was for comparison. I've heard the "garbage truck" expression so often from another board member, I had to use it here. I'll retract it. This is a pretty typical EP cold start:
2007 Porsche 997 turbo - Europipe Stage 1 (EP1) exhaust - YouTube
This IS a Kline thread, after all. As I've said, a Kline is not the loudest out there. But the cold start is calm and won't annoy your neighbors - especially if you are in a parking garage.
All I'm going to say is that I personally love the way the EP sounds in that video. That is all

Old 01-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
Just because you can buy a Kline for you and two friends for the price of a EP doesnt mean its bashing.
The EP1 costs $4690 so the Kline is 3 times less expensive?

Our XL 100 cell sport cats alone cost $2300. They will last for at least 12 years so I look at it as a long time investment.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:47 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
The EP1 costs $4690 so the Kline is 3 times less expensive?

Our XL 100 cell sport cats alone cost $2300. They will last for at least 12 years so I look at it as a long time investment.
I'd rather keep half of that figure in my pocket to spend on something else than invest in cats for 12 years IMO.

I wonder how many people keep their turbos for 12 years?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:50 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I wonder how many people keep their turbos for 12 years?
Don't think ever even owned a car for 12 years! I believe Kline offers a 4 year warranty, which is plenty. No way I'l even be owning this car for 4 years before I upgrade.

I'll throw in that I like that EP cold start too. I had a Cargraphic loud. I like that start up too. But my neighbors weren't such fans.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Don't think ever even owned a car for 12 years! I believe Kline offers a 4 year warranty, which is plenty. No way I'l even be owning this car for 4 years before I upgrade.

I'll throw in that I like that EP cold start too. I had a Cargraphic loud. I like that start up too. But my neighbors weren't such fans.
Yes they do sound aggressive on cold start. Love a good cold start

Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
I have tubi which has a lovely cold start sound someone find me an exhaust that always sounds cold!

Who cares about the neighbors

Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by eurotom
I have tubi which has a lovely cold start sound someone find me an exhaust that always sounds cold!

Who cares about the neighbors

Damn right bro.

For the record I don't even have any cats

I never had them on my Evo's, I never had them on my GTR so why the hell am I going to put them on the 997T.

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-04-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:16 PM
rexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nice
i love the cold start of EP its pretty good and not that loud. and ive opened my garage door and listened to it. it was acceptable and im sure ppl wont hear it if they are inside the house. and i wish EP could be a little louder. why dont you guys who own a Kline exhaust upload some clips of cold start, rev, and acceleration. i wont buy an exhaust just from their promo videos. the customers want somr real feedback and soundclips from other owners.
btw who cares about the neighbor.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Redwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond reputeRedwine702 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rexz419
i love the cold start of EP its pretty good and not that loud. and ive opened my garage door and listened to it. it was acceptable and im sure ppl wont hear it if they are inside the house. and i wish EP could be a little louder. why dont you guys who own a Kline exhaust upload some clips of cold start, rev, and acceleration. i wont buy an exhaust just from their promo videos. the customers want somr real feedback and soundclips from other owners. btw who cares about the neighbor.
Because listening to any exhaust on YouTube out of your phone the sound quality is garbage any exhaust should be heard in person period or have the option to return if it's not to your liking

Old 01-04-2014, 06:44 PM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rexz419
i love the cold start of EP its pretty good and not that loud. and ive opened my garage door and listened to it. it was acceptable and im sure ppl wont hear it if they are inside the house. and i wish EP could be a little louder. why dont you guys who own a Kline exhaust upload some clips of cold start, rev, and acceleration. i wont buy an exhaust just from their promo videos. the customers want somr real feedback and soundclips from other owners.
btw who cares about the neighbor.
I'm looking for an exhaust so clips would be awesome even if they sound like ****

My cardiologist neighbor is a f**** ***** and hates the sound of my Supra and e92 m3.....Can't wait to make some noise with my newly acquired 997TT

Old 01-04-2014, 06:54 PM
easy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant futureeasy2speed has a brilliant future
Just got my kline installed. I got the 200 cell cats and I have to say it was exactly what I was wanting. I wanted the quietest exhaust possible, and at cruising speeds, I believe it is quieter than stock. I am really picky about exhausts and I'm very pleased with the kline. It sounds terrific under full throttle as well. I may even get the cat delete section because it's quieter than I expected.

I also purchased mine for Sam at bydesignauto. He made sure the process was seamless and even expedited the shipping to make sure I could get my tune done in time.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:59 PM
rexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nicerexz419 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Redwine702
Because listening to any exhaust on YouTube out of your phone the sound quality is garbage any exhaust should be heard in person period or have the option to return if it's not to your liking
i know. just like when i chose EP among others, it sounds way more better in person than on youtube.. but at least the video clips provide some sense. its not like because it sound ****ty from cellphone so no one should ever upload soundclips to the internet.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by supbimm6
I'm looking for an exhaust so clips would be awesome even if they sound like **** My cardiologist neighbor is a f**** ***** and hates the sound of my Supra and e92 m3.....Can't wait to make some noise with my newly acquired 997TT
get a EP and im sure you wont regret it man!

Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great thread, given that I am also considering an AM exhaust for my soon to be 997TTS! I am leaning towards EP based on the sheer number of positive reviews on here and other 997TT boards (so many TT/TTS owners can't be wrong, right?), however it's good to know that there are "budget" alternatives...

AM exhaust buyers seem to fall into two categories (1) perfectly happy with their first choice or (2) needed to cycle through 2 to 3 exhausts to find the "right" one! I hope I am of the former...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kline Exhaust