6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Considering an upgrade to a TT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/313011-considering-upgrade-tt.html)

saabin 07-17-2013 09:07 PM

Considering an upgrade to a TT

I have a 07 997C2S at the moment and have always wanted a TT. I came across one this week that looked interesting:

http://www.ecarone.com/web/used/Pors...Texas/8646625/

I'm not completely familiar with the turbos, so I have a few Q's..

- Are those Porsche wheels or aftermarket?

- The exhaust tips were marked TechArt - does techart make an exhaust for this car or did someone just add tips? I looked under it and the mufflers didn't look to be anything special.

Anything else that stands out?

The car was very clean inside, but it had some swirl marks in the paint that would require correction..

Decisions, decisions...

twturbo 07-17-2013 10:32 PM

Aftermarket wheels i wanna say Champion's maybe also front lip is aftermarket & like you said Tech exhaust tip could be just that or there whole exhaust which they make several versions including one with a valve open/close switch.Besides that it looks good if you like the blue/wood combo it does have sport chrono but no adaptive sport seats which a lot of people prefer.

yrralis1 07-17-2013 11:22 PM

Odd to see options like "supple leather" and makassar wood" on a modded car . My guess is that the first owner was mature (middle aged or up) and Delray Beach is a quiet first 6K miles of break in period .

I see techart tips , the exhaust is not visible, wheels (look like RS137) , car is lowered (ride height looks like H and R springs but that's a guess . Front spoiler looks like Werks1 . BTW the Werks rear spoiler and diffuser would look amazing on that car and complete the setup . Part of me wonders if they ever were on the car but parted out (along with a possible tubi exhaust ).

dewilmoth 07-17-2013 11:47 PM

The front lip looks damaged and repaired in several spots too. Personally I'm not a fan of the wood and supple leather, but thats a preference thing. It makes the car look dated to me.

therock88 07-18-2013 08:29 AM

Also noted they added a "Turbo" emblem in the bonnet (FRUNK)...And appears to have a BMC F1 air filter element installed....In addition to what others have noticed.

DC

White Rock 07-18-2013 09:26 AM

Just a comment to add on the dealership, they are very much a no hassle place to buy a car from. No issues with PPI's or test drives (on your own). Bought an X5 from them a few years ago and had them take it to the local dealer to do a full PPI and complete several maintenance/warranty items prior to my agreement to purchase.

TT Surgeon 07-18-2013 10:02 AM

Ask for a clarification on all the mods.

Cbwell 07-18-2013 02:59 PM

Having just come from a 06 c2s to a 07 TT I highly recommend it, I've never looked back. There are a lot of options out there right now so have patience and get what you want. Good luck.

Bluecrab 07-18-2013 06:49 PM

Keep looking IMO

Don't like the options on this car plus the mods and awful front lip. Price is nothing special either

Jmo, gl

thackl 07-18-2013 09:54 PM

Nice looking car. The unique color and option choices really stand out. The Makassar look good in person. Very dark and rich. It's easy to get it wrapped or painted if you don't like it.

TT Surgeon 07-18-2013 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bluecrab (Post 3897303)
Keep looking IMO

Don't like the options on this car plus the mods and awful front lip. Price is nothing special either

Jmo, gl

Tend to agree.

vinnycg 07-19-2013 08:08 AM

I have to agree with others that I am not a fan of the mods such as the front lip and wheels.I also do not prefer wood accents in performance vehicles.

That being said, I think the price is fair considering the yr/mileage. Also, if the mods aren't your taste you can easily remove/replace those items.

Good luck.

-Vin