997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Considering an upgrade to a TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Considering an upgrade to a TT

I have a 07 997C2S at the moment and have always wanted a TT. I came across one this week that looked interesting:

http://www.ecarone.com/web/used/Pors...Texas/8646625/

I'm not completely familiar with the turbos, so I have a few Q's..

- Are those Porsche wheels or aftermarket?

- The exhaust tips were marked TechArt - does techart make an exhaust for this car or did someone just add tips? I looked under it and the mufflers didn't look to be anything special.

Anything else that stands out?

The car was very clean inside, but it had some swirl marks in the paint that would require correction..

Decisions, decisions...

Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Aftermarket wheels i wanna say Champion's maybe also front lip is aftermarket & like you said Tech exhaust tip could be just that or there whole exhaust which they make several versions including one with a valve open/close switch.Besides that it looks good if you like the blue/wood combo it does have sport chrono but no adaptive sport seats which a lot of people prefer.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Odd to see options like "supple leather" and makassar wood" on a modded car . My guess is that the first owner was mature (middle aged or up) and Delray Beach is a quiet first 6K miles of break in period .

I see techart tips , the exhaust is not visible, wheels (look like RS137) , car is lowered (ride height looks like H and R springs but that's a guess . Front spoiler looks like Werks1 . BTW the Werks rear spoiler and diffuser would look amazing on that car and complete the setup . Part of me wonders if they ever were on the car but parted out (along with a possible tubi exhaust ).

Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
The front lip looks damaged and repaired in several spots too. Personally I'm not a fan of the wood and supple leather, but thats a preference thing. It makes the car look dated to me.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:29 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Also noted they added a "Turbo" emblem in the bonnet (FRUNK)...And appears to have a BMC F1 air filter element installed....In addition to what others have noticed.

DC

Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Just a comment to add on the dealership, they are very much a no hassle place to buy a car from. No issues with PPI's or test drives (on your own). Bought an X5 from them a few years ago and had them take it to the local dealer to do a full PPI and complete several maintenance/warranty items prior to my agreement to purchase.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Ask for a clarification on all the mods.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Cbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the roughCbwell is a jewel in the rough
Having just come from a 06 c2s to a 07 TT I highly recommend it, I've never looked back. There are a lot of options out there right now so have patience and get what you want. Good luck.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Bluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud of
Keep looking IMO

Don't like the options on this car plus the mods and awful front lip. Price is nothing special either

Jmo, gl

Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Nice looking car. The unique color and option choices really stand out. The Makassar look good in person. Very dark and rich. It's easy to get it wrapped or painted if you don't like it.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bluecrab
Keep looking IMO

Don't like the options on this car plus the mods and awful front lip. Price is nothing special either

Jmo, gl
Tend to agree.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:08 AM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
I have to agree with others that I am not a fan of the mods such as the front lip and wheels.I also do not prefer wood accents in performance vehicles.

That being said, I think the price is fair considering the yr/mileage. Also, if the mods aren't your taste you can easily remove/replace those items.

Good luck.

-Vin