997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Review of RSS motor mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:20 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Review of RSS motor mounts

I installed some RSS motor mounts from sharkwerks last night. I was in the process of re-attaching my stock exhaust and took care of the mounts while I had everything apart, although they are easily accessible if you just take off the Y-pipe. My stock mounts seem to be in decent shape, but they are definitely very soft.

The NVH increase is negligible. When I backed out of the driveway, I totally forgot that I had even installed these and it didn't come to mind at all until I was a little ways down the road. I have a cabriolet and the engine does seem to be a bit louder with the top up but it's not annoying in any way. I also notice a little bumpiness on rough surfaces but it's more like what I expect out of any performance car rather than the strange la-z-boy configuration the 997.1tt comes with.

Vehicle handling is noticeably better, and I feel that shifting is substantially improved as well. Second gear catchiness seems reduced for whatever reason and I can get into first easier since the car doesn't bounce around as much. I was actually giggling when I went around my first tight corner with these installed. It's almost like being halfway in sport mode.... The car feels tighter but it's not harsh like PASM sport mode. This is how I expected the car to drive when I bought it.

I definitely recommend these to anyone looking to tighten their car up. Hopefully I still feel the same way after logging a few more miles.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
thanks for flying with us and for the feedback and for sure that reduction in slop helps Every bit does...

Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM
SethW will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by roybotnik
I installed some RSS motor mounts from sharkwerks last night. I was in the process of re-attaching my stock exhaust and took care of the mounts while I had everything apart, although they are easily accessible if you just take off the Y-pipe. My stock mounts seem to be in decent shape, but they are definitely very soft.

The NVH increase is negligible. When I backed out of the driveway, I totally forgot that I had even installed these and it didn't come to mind at all until I was a little ways down the road. I have a cabriolet and the engine does seem to be a bit louder with the top up but it's not annoying in any way. I also notice a little bumpiness on rough surfaces but it's more like what I expect out of any performance car rather than the strange la-z-boy configuration the 997.1tt comes with.

Vehicle handling is noticeably better, and I feel that shifting is substantially improved as well. Second gear catchiness seems reduced for whatever reason and I can get into first easier since the car doesn't bounce around as much. I was actually giggling when I went around my first tight corner with these installed. It's almost like being halfway in sport mode.... The car feels tighter but it's not harsh like PASM sport mode. This is how I expected the car to drive when I bought it.

I definitely recommend these to anyone looking to tighten their car up. Hopefully I still feel the same way after logging a few more miles.
Do you have any suspension mods?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:51 AM
roybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really niceroybotnik is just really nice
Originally Posted by SethW
Do you have any suspension mods?
Nope, nothing. Still trying to figure out what I want to do in that regard.