6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Post your exhaust videos here! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/326121-post-your-exhaust-videos-here.html)

GTRNICK 01-05-2014 07:49 AM

Post your exhaust videos here!

There have been lots of discussions lately about exhaust systems and how they sound.

So I thought it would be a good idea to get us all involved. (NO VENDORS)

So I thought I would start this thread.

It would be good to capture the following vids;-

Cold start,
Stationary revs,
Drive by cruise,
Drive by WOT,
In car cruise,
In car WOT,
Same with windows up and down etc...etc...

So you don't have to go do all of them and you might already have some of them so please feel free to share and please state which system it is.

It would be nice to get a mixture of the brands out there for e.g.

BBI, GMG, 911 Tuning, Protomotive, FVD, Cargraphic, Tubi, Europipe, Akrapovic, Fabspeed, Borla, Switzer etc... etc...

GTRNICK 01-05-2014 07:51 AM

FVD catless Coldstart

FVD catless stationary revs

I will try and add some others that I have mentioned ASAP

supbimm6 01-05-2014 08:38 AM

subscribed :D

zooyorker 01-05-2014 09:01 AM

That thing has lope like a f*cking cammed z06!! Love your setup, FVD is still clearly one of the best sounding exhausts for this car!

Keep them coming!

GTRNICK 01-05-2014 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by zooyorker (Post 4016487)
That thing has lope like a f*cking cammed z06!! Love your setup, FVD is still clearly one of the best sounding exhausts for this car!

Keep them coming!

Thanks Zooyoker! ;)

The setup is awesome and it does sound like a real race car to me!

G911 01-05-2014 11:16 AM

Super Sprint no cats cold start (first start ever)

GTRNICK 01-05-2014 11:19 AM

Perfect!

Nice vid;)

tomb18 01-05-2014 07:04 PM

Just a question GTRNick,
What is the noise that you hear after the revs come down? Never heard that with the stock exhaust.

GTRNICK 01-05-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by tomb18 (Post 4016873)
Just a question GTRNick,
What is the noise that you hear after the revs come down? Never heard that with the stock exhaust.

You mean at the end of the cold start vid?

Or do you mean in the second vid as thats the turbos!

JmanE55 01-05-2014 08:41 PM

My contribution of EP for 997.2TT. I will try to make more with my 997.2TTS in the next few days and it seems that the EP sounds louder with the TTS.

LeoLambo 01-06-2014 01:22 AM

Europipe 1

911tune xpipes Catless

Techart 200 cat
And the last...

Gallardo with Tubi lmao

w00zy 01-06-2014 05:53 AM

Europipe 997.1 Turbo / 997.2 Turbo Conversion Exhaust

997ttR 01-10-2014 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by GTRNICK (Post 4016443)
There have been lots of discussions lately about exhaust systems and how they sound. So I thought it would be a good idea to get us all involved. (NO VENDORS) So I thought I would start this thread. It would be good to capture the following vids;- Cold start, Stationary revs, Drive by cruise, Drive by WOT, In car cruise, In car WOT, Same with windows up and down etc...etc... So you don't have to go do all of them and you might already have some of them so please feel free to share and please state which system it is. It would be nice to get a mixture of the brands out there for e.g. BBI, GMG, 911 Tuning, Protomotive, FVD, Cargraphic, Tubi, Europipe, Akrapovic, Fabspeed, Borla, Switzer etc... etc...

Great idea will post clips Monday of my Borla

GTRNICK 01-11-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 997ttR (Post 4021300)
Great idea will post clips Monday of my Borla

Thanks bro.

Can't wait to hear it.

longboarder 01-11-2014 11:58 AM

Exhaust: bbi autosport 200cel / straight pipes for 997.2 Turbo S. Sounds like a GT3!

997ttR 01-12-2014 11:51 AM

Here is the bbi, they call it Stage 2, in my opinion one of the best around, love the tone, and the turbo whistle is something else.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

longboarder 01-12-2014 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 997ttR (Post 4022171)
Here is the bbi, they call it Stage 2, in my opinion one of the best around, love the tone, and the turbo whistle is something else.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Looking forward to you posting your Borla as well!

How does your Borla sound compare to the BBI exhaust sound? BBI has cats after the 90deg bend but no mufflers. At WOT sounds like a GT3 RS. Higher pitched than the others as the revs climb so a bit more of an exotic tone.

After searching around for a while I think I'm going with the BBI unit.

997ttR 01-12-2014 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4022199)
Looking forward to you posting your Borla as well! How does your Borla sound compare to the BBI exhaust sound? BBI has cats after the 90deg bend but no mufflers. At WOT sounds like a GT3 RS. Higher pitched than the others as the revs climb so a bit more of an exotic tone. After searching around for a while I think I'm going with the BBI unit.

I Can't tell yet because I just drove from the shop home and didn't had the chance to listen to it closely neither from the outside, but I will post a clip tomorrow.

toymr2trd 01-12-2014 08:41 PM

I've been hoping for a thread like this! OP thanks so much you'll be saving a lot of us time searching for the right exhaust. So far I really like the Fabspeed Xpipe supersport one. Whoever has that please upload and your specs would really help.

Thanks guys

93ls1rx7 01-13-2014 02:32 AM

I am really liking the straight pipe sound but I think after the novelty wore off it would bother me.

997ttR 01-13-2014 08:43 PM

Borla Exhaust System/Aftermarket Headers
Here are some clips finally....
In my honest opinion is way better then stock but not the best, miss the turbo whistle 😞, next mods are AP cold air intake and blow off valves, hopefully helps the turbos a bit......

Cold Start

Revs

Inside cab

Drive By's

GTRNICK 01-14-2014 01:51 PM

Thanks for posting keep em coming guys don't be shy!!!

toymr2trd 01-14-2014 05:34 PM

Seeing as some Pcar owners are in the wonderful state of California. I raise the question now. Do any of you have and worries or issues w/ our local law enforcement with an exhaust? Currently switched my mind from the fabspeed one to the EB Werks exhaust. Wondering what kind of headaches I can attract going this route. I'm mainly in the Newport Beach / Irvine area.

ryem3 01-14-2014 09:00 PM

Not the best video, but not bad. Shot HD on a GoPro. Kline 997.1 exhaust with 200 cell cats. Cold start and some revs once warmed up.

longboarder 01-14-2014 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by toymr2trd (Post 4024079)
Seeing as some Pcar owners are in the wonderful state of California. I raise the question now. Do any of you have and worries or issues w/ our local law enforcement with an exhaust? Currently switched my mind from the fabspeed one to the EB Werks exhaust. Wondering what kind of headaches I can attract going this route. I'm mainly in the Newport Beach / Irvine area.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've been driving my fully catless supercharged e92 M3 for almost a year-and-a-half now on my daily commute from my house in Monarch Beach to my office on the Newport/Irvine area near Jamboree/MacArthur. I see police but they don't give me another look. And my M3 is LOUD (much louder than a catless flat 6). My M3 is not obnoxiously loud and no rasp but a lot of bass from Akrapovic mufflers with MRF Engineering X Pipe and every car near me can feel it. So I know the police hear/feel it they just have better things to do than bother with a nice new car with an aftermarket exhaust.

997ttR 01-19-2014 02:15 AM

911 TT drive by's Borla exhaust aftermarket headers.

toymr2trd 01-20-2014 06:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Good to know. :D

exhausts sound great you guys.

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4024224)
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've been driving my fully catless supercharged e92 M3 for almost a year-and-a-half now on my daily commute from my house in Monarch Beach to my office on the Newport/Irvine area near Jamboree/MacArthur. I see police but they don't give me another look. And my M3 is LOUD (much louder than a catless flat 6). My M3 is not obnoxiously loud and no rasp but a lot of bass from Akrapovic mufflers with MRF Engineering X Pipe and every car near me can feel it. So I know the police hear/feel it they just have better things to do than bother with a nice new car with an aftermarket exhaust.

TT.BRN 01-21-2014 04:18 AM

2008. Europipe Stage 2
Cold start / Driveby

Cheers

supbimm6 01-21-2014 08:18 AM

^^^very nice, leaning towards europipe

550bryan 01-21-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by toymr2trd (Post 4024079)

I share your concern about Calif. I was told that Ca passed a law last year that outlawed and change in cats from stock. I think longboarder is right that the police don't really care, and if they do pay attention it's about noise, not pollution compliance. The issue is with smoging the car every two years. Every time I've smog a car they only seem to care about what comes out the pipe and can they get a clean result, they never seem to check for hardware compliance. Do any of you Calif guys know anything about this? I'd hate to spring for a Europipe only to be told it has to be removed to get it past the smog check. Here's an additional consideration, according to Sharkwerks the 997.2 factory cats are good, you just need to change the exhaust, but the 997.1 cats aren't good. I asked about just changing the muffler system while retaining the stock cats (instead of the 200cl cats they recommend) and they said don't bother, little to be gained, bummer. Anyone can shed some light on this Ca issue?

toymr2trd 01-21-2014 06:12 PM

See I would love to hear more on this issue. I personally have 2 Supra's and one just begs for a citation w/ the license plate. I don't think they would look in another direction if they had the chance to score a big ticket item when they would request me to pop the hood. The Pcar concerns me to a certain extent but the other ones for sure concern me. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by 550bryan (Post 4029429)
I share your concern about Calif. I was told that Ca passed a law last year that outlawed and change in cats from stock. I think longboarder is right that the police don't really care, and if they do pay attention it's about noise, not pollution compliance. The issue is with smoging the car every two years. Every time I've smog a car they only seem to care about what comes out the pipe and can they get a clean result, they never seem to check for hardware compliance. Do any of you Calif guys know anything about this? I'd hate to spring for a Europipe only to be told it has to be removed to get it past the smog check. Here's an additional consideration, according to Sharkwerks the 997.2 factory cats are good, you just need to change the exhaust, but the 997.1 cats aren't good. I asked about just changing the muffler system while retaining the stock cats (instead of the 200cl cats they recommend) and they said don't bother, little to be gained, bummer. Anyone can shed some light on this Ca issue?

bbywu 01-23-2014 04:52 PM

Just a reminder, the OP has requested that this thread be vendor/sponsor free. If your thread was removed, it was done so at the request that this thread remain free from advertisers.

Thanks.

GTRNICK 01-24-2014 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by bbywu (Post 4031048)
Just a reminder, the OP has requested that this thread be vendor/sponsor free. If your thread was removed, it was done so at the request that this thread remain free from advertisers.

Thanks.

Thanks Bobby.

ilko 03-20-2014 11:24 AM

More info in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mpetition.html

lacrosse 03-21-2014 01:19 PM

Just wondering if any of you have experienced a loss in HP or torque with the 200 cell/catless systems.

Thx!

GTRNICK 03-21-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by lacrosse (Post 4073518)
Just wondering if any of you have experienced a loss in HP or torque with the 200 cell/catless systems.

Thx!

There is no way you should unless the ID of the pipe work is smaller than stock lol

997ttR 03-21-2014 10:37 PM

AP straight pipe exhaust+AP headers

GTRNICK 03-22-2014 04:49 AM

Ilko the exhausts sounds great.

997ttR the straight pipes sound very aggressive.

Would be nice to hear fly by's of both systems.

997tt+C63 03-22-2014 08:43 AM

Sounds awesome

nycgenius 03-22-2014 09:05 AM

Ahh the straight pipes get me everytime..messed with a .1TT with straight pipes many times and WOT just makes you smile (as do most of these exhausts).. of course there are also those people going to work half asleep at 7am who aren't too thrilled when you pass by. But hey, you're doing them a favor