997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

From GTR to 991 C2S to 997.2 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
What kind of driving do you do around your town?

OP - Awesome! Side note: I vaguely recall mentioning something about the massive difference from you higher than normal HP GT-R to a stock C2S... You said it was fine. lol!
LOL I remember, but at the time I just want it to drive the new 991

Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
What kind of driving do you do around your town?

OP - Awesome! Side note: I vaguely recall mentioning something about the massive difference from you higher than normal HP GT-R to a stock C2S... You said it was fine. lol!
hilar ious

Old 03-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 991 C2S
heee nop on the street anything can happen
Exactly. Different streets different cities, but i guess this other guy tested both cars on every road in the world .. hence his FACT Isnt there a video of some shoebox flying around San Fran? So that would make it a better car than the GTR and 911.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Squat
Exactly. Different streets different cities, but i guess this other guy tested both cars on every road in the world .. hence his FACT Isnt there a video of some shoebox flying around San Fran? So that would make it a better car than the GTR and 911.
It's really sad that you're such a fanboy you can't admit that the GTR is faster. What does it hurt you? I'm very familiar with both platforms-both stock and highly modded-and the GTR is faster just day to day driving. "anything can happen on the street", wow what a useless generality. Sure, a turbo could go bad on a GTR whilst you're racing a 911tt, which means that the 911 would win. Are we to count outliars as part of what to expect? Or do we take the average of it all? Usually speaking, all things being equal, the GTR is faster than the 997. It just is, doesn't bother me to admit it.

And I don't have to drive on "every road in the world". Common sense tends to dictate the outcome(s). Not making up situations-on gravel, when it's b/w 60-62 degrees F, and the sun is in the GTR owners eyes-to fit my line of reasoning

Old 03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
Seems to me that GTRs are always frowned upon among high end sports cars enthusiasts, at least in my area.....
Personally, i dont care for it no matter how fast it is....... Like my Porsche sales guy said "at the end of the day, GTR is still nissan".......lol

Old 03-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by supbimm6
Seems to me that GTRs are always frowned upon among high end sports cars enthusiasts, at least in my area.....
Personally, i dont care for it no matter how fast it is....... Like my Porsche sales guy said "at the end of the day, GTR is still nissan".......lol
I think it's frowned upon bc it is made by nissan, and will destroy lots of more expensive, more prestigious cars. And that's pretty elitist thinking, wouldn't you agree? "At the end of the day it's still a nissan"......so? What kind of ******bag ONLY cares about brand?? A Porsche isn't that special to me, to be honest. I think a lot of them look pretty similar and the owners have the reputation for being unwelcoming and unfriendly. It's not a Lambo, nor a Ferrari, nor Aston. It's a VW. So why all the attitude about it? (not YOU, in general)

Old 03-21-2014, 07:21 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
I just wonder why GTR owners lurk/troll Porsche forums. I have never once gone to a GTR forum looking for them to mention my car so I can jump in and try to convince them that my car is "better".

Saying that Porsche isnt special is a bit disingenious. Porsche is the most successful manufacturer by far in the history of international sports car racing. 16 overall wins at LeMans and over 50 class wins at LeMans.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
I just wonder why GTR owners lurk/troll Porsche forums. I have never once gone to a GTR forum looking for them to mention my car so I can jump in and try to convince them that my car is "better".

Saying that Porsche isnt special is a bit disingenious. Porsche is the most successful manufacturer by far in the history of international sports car racing. 16 overall wins at LeMans and over 50 class wins at LeMans.
I just love the generalities. IT WILL beat you on any street... I mean come on.
I just love watching the GTRs in the ALMS They dominate , and dont tell me otherwise. I live in my own little world.

I agree, what is the point of coming on here and telling a guy that has a GTR, 997tt, 991c2, and 991tt to choose from, and when he says he likes the 911 best, telling him he doesnt know what he is talking about because he doesnt pick YOUR car.

On a side note Nissan dealers are like chevy dealers, they are SO proud they have a 80k car they flaunt it but still treat a guy with a 6 year old car worth 80k now, like he is buying a Nissan Leaf, or a Chevy Spark.
OK if your stingray or GTR is so much in desire why is it in the showroom, and has been for 8 months complete with your 5-10k markup.
Oh gee maybe because you treat people going into buy one like they shouldn't be owning a moped.

I dont dislike a GTR, I wont own one, sadly, because I am not dealing with a moron dealer that feels even though I am buying a car more than his salary, he still treats me like he is gonna repossess my 142$ car payment econobox next week.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM
supbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of lightsupbimm6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Thenewguy
I think it's frowned upon bc it is made by nissan, and will destroy lots of more expensive, more prestigious cars. And that's pretty elitist thinking, wouldn't you agree? "At the end of the day it's still a nissan"......so? What kind of ******bag ONLY cares about brand?? A Porsche isn't that special to me, to be honest. I think a lot of them look pretty similar and the owners have the reputation for being unwelcoming and unfriendly. It's not a Lambo, nor a Ferrari, nor Aston. It's a VW. So why all the attitude about it? (not YOU, in general)
let me guess....you drive a GTR

Old 03-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Wow, chill out guys... It's only my opinion on this plataforms, all three put a smile on my face and that's what matters to me

Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by supbimm6
let me guess....you drive a GTR
No, a 997.1 with 1100awhp. Nice try though

Old 03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7

I just think that it's funny that Porshce owners look down on the GTR but get upset when Ferrari and Lambo owners look down on them. I'm not even a GTR owner. I got rid of my GTR BECAUSE I wanted to get a 997. So I'm pretty impartial about which car is better. I just came from the perspective of someone that has/had both vehicles.

The GTR is faster, it's cheaper, costs less to insure, has a massive trunk, doesn't cost as much to repair, gets better gas mileage, gets noticed by more men. The Porsche is more comfortable, has better fit & finish, uses more quality pieces, is more prestigious, looks better, blends in with most traffic

Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Banned
Cars are like wines, The better one is the one you like

Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 AM
997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold
I prefer the 997 turbo to the GTR as its more of a all rounder, with comfort, speed, looks etc.
The GTR is a beast though and would be the one I'd pick if someone was to lend me one of the 2 for an hour ...

Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 AM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 991 C2S
Cars are like wines, The better one is the one you like
Agreed. I've driven nearly every thing that competes with the 997, including the 991, GTR, Lambo Murci, Aventador, F430, R8, every iteration of corvette/mustang/camaro jsut to name a few. I enjoy them all for different reasons but wouldn't trade the 6sp 997tt for any of them. It's just a fun car for me to drive. Rather, once the garage is expanded, I would like to have 2nd/3rd/4th weekend car to complement the 997

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From GTR to 991 C2S to 997.2 TT