997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | How It's Made

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
I just love how he isnt afraid to show his stuff. The other ones on the other hand have a huge price tag and dont show a thing. Maybe it goes to the fees for the board members with their products.
What you guys didnt pick up from his "bashing" was the put up or shut up. He "guessed" because the other guys arent gonna explain. And its not too hard to copy an exhaust fyi

However I dont want to sully this post referring to that. Kinda makes me want to get a X-flow

Last edited by Squat; 08-11-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
I'd like to see the original vid.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Greasy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jako
I'd like to see the original vid.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Thanks I see what everyone is speaking about now. When you strip away the "bashing" it was quite informative and educational. But like my wife keeps telling me, it's all in the delivery.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jako
Thanks I see what everyone is speaking about now. When you strip away the "bashing" it was quite informative and educational. But like my wife keeps telling me, it's all in the delivery.
It's not just all in the delivery, although i wouldn't disagree with your wife. he alleged that EP uses pins to keep the cat intact, then commenced to show a litany of x-rays of every part of the EP system except the cat with the pins in it. He had some b-s excuse for not getting an x-ray of the cat.

Yes, his delivery sucks, but some of what he did was just sling unsubstantiated **** at his competition.

As an EP owner, I was curious about his claims, but he never stepped up to provide any kind of evidence other than conjecture. My prejudice against this type of desperate marketing has nothing to do with my being an EP owner. I probably know less about my car than anyone else on the forum. I'm here to learn like a lot of others. But I don't have to know squat about cars to smell his kind of B-S. Anyone with half a brain can see that stuff coming from a mile away.

This latest video they did is well-done, and some of his selling points on the TTS exhaust were compelling (like the modularity of the FS version), but he lost me with his BS. He should stick with what he knows and NEVER refer to the competition by name. NEVER. Just mho.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Domer911
It's not just all in the delivery, although i wouldn't disagree with your wife. he alleged that EP uses pins to keep the cat intact, then commenced to show a litany of x-rays of every part of the EP system except the cat with the pins in it. He had some b-s excuse for not getting an x-ray of the cat.

Yes, his delivery sucks, but some of what he did was just sling unsubstantiated **** at his competition.

As an EP owner, I was curious about his claims, but he never stepped up to provide any kind of evidence other than conjecture. My prejudice against this type of desperate marketing has nothing to do with my being an EP owner. I probably know less about my car than anyone else on the forum. I'm here to learn like a lot of others. But I don't have to know squat about cars to smell his kind of B-S. Anyone with half a brain can see that stuff coming from a mile away.

This latest video they did is well-done, and some of his selling points on the TTS exhaust were compelling (like the modularity of the FS version), but he lost me with his BS. He should stick with what he knows and NEVER refer to the competition by name. NEVER. Just mho.
Well owning NEITHER, it made me wonder why EP is the way they are. The point is EP should explain a lot about their exhausts. Namely whats the deal with their heat issues on one side. But I frankly dont care. As an outsider with no iron in the fire on the exhaust, and a layman with a considerable amount of time watching guys build exhausts for Vettes. I didnt think what he said was bashing. It was his Lousy way of pointing out things about EP in a way that worst case makes him look bad.
He never accused them of anything, insinuation?? sure.
I also think he was talking to the wrong crowd. He thought people knew more about exhausts than they do. You can figure that out by reading the BS on the other site. Most people were more concerned about bashing THEIR exhaust on THEIR care that THEY paid for than what he was saying.

Exhausts are all about flow. I dont like to see skewed piping or burning. That is not a good thing. You want it uniform across the board. Also the one sided heat shield that only covers the part you see and the bottom. of it. Its more of a cover than a shield.

What you should take away is the brands he said nothing about.
Yes he was abrasive but he thought he was talking to guys that werent married to X brand.

Last edited by Squat; 08-12-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 PM
shahhm will become famous soon enoughshahhm will become famous soon enough
good to know