997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
IMHO
1st MSC2
2nd R888
3er MSS
No way in hell the R888 is more quiet than the MSS.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:12 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
I was reffering to stickiness not quietness... The OP edit the first post

Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
I have Hankook tires and I have been very happy with them. Super quiet and smooth. Won't buy anything else. Very inexpensive with very good ratings on tire rack.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:09 PM
gregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura aboutgregp714 has a spectacular aura about
+1 on Hankook

Old 08-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
I was reffering to stickiness not quietness... The OP edit the first post
My bad brother, you got me there

Old 08-24-2014, 08:28 AM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Don't worry

I will buy tires soon, wondering if this new Hankook are at the same level of the MSS

Old 08-24-2014, 08:49 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Nunez
I have Hankook tires and I have been very happy with them. Super quiet and smooth. Won't buy anything else. Very inexpensive with very good ratings on tire rack.
I put Hankooks on my last P-car and loved them. I far prefer them to the Pirellis currently on my 997.1tt. I have not run Michelins, but Hankook seems to provide a quiet ride with great handling at a good price point.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:33 AM
AC911turbo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
I put Hankooks on my last P-car and loved them. I far prefer them to the Pirellis currently on my 997.1tt. I have not run Michelins, but Hankook seems to provide a quiet ride with great handling at a good price point.
Which model of hankooks are you guys using?

Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AC911turbo
Which model of hankooks are you guys using?
I had Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. It appears that they have made a slight tread pattern change, though and the new model is K120.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Banned
Al Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to allAl Nunez is a name known to all
Ventus , I am serious about them, love them! My BMW Z4 has Michelins great tire. V12's when they need replacement. My sons 2014 Mustang, hankooks when they need replacement. My Prius....well Costco.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
I had Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. It appears that they have made a slight tread pattern change, though and the new model is K120.

I have had both on the car at the same time. Not by choice, I had one Evo1 tire get a sidewall bubble at the track. My replacement at a local dealer was an Evo2.

Evo2 is a better tire in my opinion just by the wear characteristics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hankook evo.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	399913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hankook evo2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	399914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hankook.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	399915   Click image for larger version

Name:	chunk.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	399916  
Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
I had the Hankook V12 Evo, and the grip was decent and they lasted a long time, but the sidewall is significantly softer than most other tires, so the handling wasn't as predictable as I like. I had Bridgestone S04's previously, and they are OK. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about. They are pretty quiet as well. Currently, I have PS2's, and they are a bit old and have some dry-rot, which could account for the noise; but they are extremely noisy. I just ordered a set of Pilot Super Sports which should arrive this week, and have high hopes for them. Everyone is saying they're god's gift to street tires, so we'll see how they do.

On my E36 M3 track car I have Bridgestone RE-11's, and love them in terms of grip, but they wear out very fast. They also take some heat to work. So I wasn't considering them for my 997 street tires.

Last edited by Cscat; 08-24-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:23 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Don't worry

I will buy tires soon, wondering if this new Hankook are at the same level of the MSS
Here is a quote from a review from C&D (PS2 not PSS) I've owned them on my 1st turbo and I agree with Cscat with regards to sidewall stiffness:

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

“Deceptively quick” is a good summation of the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos because they often didn’t feel as strong as they actually were, particularly in the dry. Their fourth-place autocross time wasn’t spectacular, but they did outlap the benchmark Michelin PS2s. Geswein said the Hankooks felt “somewhat soft” and “imprecise,” although they were forgiving, yielding consistent laps with no surprises. Despite that feeling of softness, the V12 Evos somehow managed a second-place skidpad run of 0.93 g and were above average in braking. Hankook just launched a new extreme-performance Ventus R-S3 model, which wasn’t available in time for this test but likely has sharper dry responses.

In the wet, however, the V12s were as sporty and connected as they come, with grip second only to the PS2s’ and the best braking. The Hankooks were extremely consistent, likely because they were so well-behaved, which made them easy to drive quickly. Subjectively, they felt the best around the track, even though their time trailed slightly behind the Dunlops’.

With above-average wet and dry performances, and tying for quietest on the street loop, the V12 Evo is an impressive and well-rounded summer tire.

Last edited by drsullivan; 08-24-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info

Old 08-25-2014, 12:12 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997.2 TTS
Since my TTS is still under factory warranty, I need to run N rated tires to be sure I have no issues on potential ABS, PSC, PTV or suspension warranty claims.
No you don't... They aren't going to give your tires a second look.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tires