997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion 68 turbos - first impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 06:29 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
All this info and no dyno numbers??

Old 09-20-2014, 07:46 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
All this info and no dyno numbers??
I'm at a wedding right now so will post pics later. Iirc baseline was 540awhp and about the same tq. After some fiddling 600awhp and 620awtq. The shape of the curves is what is important too. More later as I'm getting cuteye from wifey.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Haha I know the feeling. My chick said you guys get more attention than she does. Probably true haha

-Mitch

Old 09-20-2014, 11:46 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I'm at a wedding right now so will post pics later. Iirc baseline was 540awhp and about the same tq. After some fiddling 600awhp and 620awtq. The shape of the curves is what is important too. More later as I'm getting cuteye from wifey.
600whp on the Mustang is pretty respectable for pump gas. You really need to get your Datazap account working .

Old 09-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Bogg-Thanks for providing a baseline-I'm looking forward to more details!

Old 09-21-2014, 01:20 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Dzenno from PTF is working his magic:

Check out his other ride:

Strapped in tightly on the dyno:

No shortage of fans. "turbo" fans for the I/cs, large rear fan. Giant fans on the front:

Old 09-21-2014, 01:21 PM

nice sunny day outside, not too hot or humid

Old 09-21-2014, 01:27 PM
I guess I didn't take a pic of the graph, but here are the baseline numbers:

Hard to read but basically about 540awhp and close to 600awtq. This was with Version 4 of the tune. At the end of our session V 12 of the tune put down almost 600awhp and 620awtq. I will get a copy of all the graphs and post them later.

The shape of the graph is very important. For example, at 1 point we were all "WOW!" when the numbers showed 650awhp and 650awtq but when the graph came up it showed a large narrow peak!!! Oh well.

It took a bit longer than expected so we didn't finish the dynotune. The 5bar fpr was causing some oscillation in the a/f ratio above 5k rpm and this led to a drop in hp and tq in that band.

Old 09-21-2014, 01:40 PM
By "baseline" I'm basically referring to V4 of the tune. I'm referring to it as a baseline for the dynotune. I had actually done a bunch of datalogging and V1 to V3 tunes were the result. Each 1 got better with some tweaking. But you can really see the importance of the dynotune because of the graphical representation of the hp and tq with each adjustment. It would take a LOT of datalogging to get to where we got to with the dynotune.

more pbox numbers coming soon!

Old 09-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Bad hair day

Old 09-21-2014, 05:47 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Good, nice numbers

Old 09-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Bad hair day
no hair day?

Old 09-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
no hair day?
Hair is there just in wrong places lol

Old 09-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Nice cool day so I managed to get a pbox run in: 4th gear only (to keep things consistent with my previous numbers), sport mode on, reasonably level ground (I will post the graph later). Started around 50ish mph and floored it. Time was 7.2s on pump gas (94 octane). I was able to get 7.2s with my Proto 63s, but here's where things get interesting. With the 68s the 4th gear 60-100 time was 3.5s compared to 4.1s with the Protos. Obviously it's the second half of the run which is slowing it down, and that makes sense with the dyno "issues" we are having at the moment (and are working on). I'm confident that these turbos are capable of 60-130 in the mid to high 6.x range. We shall see!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Results look good Bogg....and you've definitely still got a lot of room.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Champion 68 turbos - first impressions