997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

5.90sec 60-130mph Record - 997.2 Turbo - PTF protune and exhaust, pump gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
5.90sec 60-130mph Record - 997.2 Turbo - PTF protune and exhaust, pump gas

We're excited to share a recent vbox verified 60-130mph time of 5.90secs done by our customer @madsex343 in Greece that looks to be a new World Record?

What really makes this impressive is the car is running pump gas with our custom Cobb protune and the only hardware modification being a 100cell exhaust.

Congrats once again Costas!

Here's a link to his 6.0 run previously:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4231743

And his 5.90 run:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4241464

EDIT: Disclaimer added.
------------
Upon having a 7pg discussion of the result reported to us we'd like to distance ourselves as a tuning company from this discussion due to apparent controversial nature of the vbox result reported.

We are here to help our customers get the most out of their cars through tuning support and choosing appropriate upgrade paths that we have tested to the best of our ability and found to work well. Results posted by us going forward will exclusively be of our shop cars with any relevant data required and will include multiple runs to demonstrate consistency and repeatibility properly reflecting what our future customers may be able to expect from tuning with us.

If this thread can be removed we would appreciate it and would kindly ask the moderators to do so.

Kind regards
---------

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 12-04-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:33 AM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
PDK or a 4th gear run ?

Great results mate

Old 12-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
This is a PDK running at sea level, 10C ambient temps.

Thanks @wolfhedge!

Old 12-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
thats movin that guy has the 60-130 game on lock. i remember there was a lot of controversy with his M3 60-130s not being repeatable stateside and far faster than all other with same mods to a degree where the car either had to have more mods or nitrous content in greek air.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Those Greeks have the god of air on there side......great job on the tune...

Old 12-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
That is moving!! Congrats guys great work!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
madsex has some madskillz with 60-130 - even with his 6speed .1tt he was able to get some great times.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:26 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
thats movin that guy has the 60-130 game on lock. i remember there was a lot of controversy with his M3 60-130s not being repeatable stateside and far faster than all other with same mods to a degree where the car either had to have more mods or nitrous content in greek air.
Nitrous content in Greek air

Costas is probably the best in the world at doing this. Every car he owns has the record and by a large margin.

I bet on a bone stock 997.2 he could have gotten low to mid 6's with a couple tries in cooler "greek" air.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor
We take it very strongly against any and all false misrepresentation of results as it serves absolutely no one any good out there.

Records always happen when stars align and everything works out perfectly while paying great attention to every detail.

Longboarder, did you not manage to run a 6.4 on really poor Cali 91 octane in 1800 DA on an almost level surface? With better DA and some slope I can see your time also going down another couple 10ths and your numbers won't be too far away.

We completely stand behind Costas on this record with the maps we built, logs he captured and provided to us and runs that were verified. There is really no room here to insinuate anything but simply great results from Costas and again just how seriously potent a 997.2 pdk turbo can be with minimal hardware modifications.

Be safe and have fun out there guys

Cheers -
Dzenno@PTF

Old 12-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see anyone make an accusation unless the thread was cleaned up before I read it.

They were being congratulatory while simultaneously stating facts regarding the drivers exploits with other platforms and how much better they are than the closest competitor.

Context is always a good thing.

Congrats!

Last edited by Stage7; 12-01-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Stage7.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by prodigymb
+1 .lets see one of his cars "best record" racing other fast cars...

Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
Like I said in my original post in the 60-130mph section, I would like to thank Dzenno from PTF and Mitch from Cobb for all their help and congralute them both on a great product and a simply superb service!
It is not easy coordinating from the other side of the world and achieving such results. Thanks again guys!

Now for the run as usual there will be believers and there will be doubters...
I have been from both sides of this game and for those who do not know me I have been at this vbox "game" for the last 8 years with countless runs! I was one of the first private persons in Greece (I mean besides magazines) to own a vbox and try some runs. Back then I was in my 996tt that I logged at each and every mod up until my final K24/18g Protomotive stage... Even then I got some pretty impressive times (for those who remember me) for my mods.
After that I got a 997tt and I stumbled upon a guy who claimed he could beat anytining (yes my good friend dynamicGT2, we used to do A LOT of streetracing back then and generally the last 20 years that I have my license) on wheels here on his tip 997tt with only an APR tune!
We all laughed ofcourse until the massive results proved him right... I was among the non-believers and we took his car to be checked for other turbos etc as he was beating the hell out of modified VTG cars... Needless to say it was on stock turbos, even stock exhaust... After that it became my obsession to develop a tune that could pass APR. I spent LOTS of time an money to do it but the end result was not as expected...
So I said f...k it! After APRs invitation I went to try their demo for my self and had for 1 month free for all the testing I wanted... It was the real deal! I was blown away! The results were phenomenal and I became a believer... I even got 2 more 997s since that car and paid again and again to have the APR installed! That is how good it was!
Noone here (or anywhere) believed neither me nor Skandalis (same car/tune) back then and noone believed gow incredible fast my M3 was as well (even at NA form)!
It is in our nature to doubt... I know I myself was most probably the worst non-believer that may ever exist with the APR case...
Now for this car (the 997.2tt PDK) it is already a very potent car as we all know (I do not think anyone has found the limits of the car yet) and is very very fast even in stock form! To reply to Adam (longboarder) no man I have not got 6sec stock but car could easily do 7.7-7.8 60-130mph ALL day completely stock on our pump gas...
I had decided to go with Cobb before I bought my car the minute I saw that they brought out the AP for 997.2 because I simply love the convenience it offers and I know the skills of the guys there and I thought to give PTF a chance since they have tons of experience with high powered dfi bimmers...
Prior to that I was considering Giac as well as I do feel they have a marvelous tune and very very fast with loads of testing and great durability (Adam made sure of this! ), but Cobb stepped the game up with their AP (as they have with most other cars as well) for Porsche and in my opinion they will shine...
I am expecting more things to come for us down the road like gearbox software upgrades (like in the GTR) etc... I believe we are just now beggining to realize the great potential of the 997.2tt platform!

On to the record itself now: It was a dedicated 60-130mph run ( as I always say) on specific conditions and not easily replicated anytime anywhere... I do believe Adam's car (and I have told him) can most probably record same time as well given the same conditions...
This time is amazing for what my car has, but pls keep in mind I could pull 6.3-6.6 times in my manual 997.1tt APR/Europipe only tuned car on same road with same gas (same gas station) at same outside temperatures 4 years back!!!
So given this car now is a 3.8l DFI with slightly bigger turbos than 997.1 and it has PDK, quite frankly if it did not achieve such times I would be disappointed...

Sorry for long post, but I needed to make a few comments

Last edited by madsex343; 12-02-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:25 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
+1 .lets see one of his cars "best record" racing other fast cars...

+111 lets see one of the "street racing cars" (NOT longboarder but the ones that are showing us videos of beating Lambos and Vettes and some spaceships) providing 1 single verifiable vbox run or even a time slip from a dragstrip...

Old 12-02-2014, 03:43 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by madsex343
+111 lets see one of the "street racing cars" (NOT longboarder but the ones that are showing us videos of beating Lambos and Vettes and some spaceships) providing 1 single verifiable vbox run or even a time slip from a dragstrip...
Anyway,congrats for you my friend ,personnaly i prefer beating fast cars on the street over showing just numbers....and i will re say congrats and good for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.90sec 60-130mph Record - 997.2 Turbo - PTF protune and exhaust, pump gas