997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

how to survive an encounter with godzilla, and escape alive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Argo8 is on a distinguished road
how to survive an encounter with godzilla, and escape alive?

No, make no mistake, the paradigm of performance is the nissan gtr cobb
(at least in middle stages)

monsters in the movies when the hero has the misfortune to encounter the monster only thing you can do is escape for his life.

to make this little tutorial.
The car chosen is a porsche 997 tt 550 hp

avoid confrontation leaving launched from 0

play their cards and use their weapons.

You is lighter and has more torque engine

take it to the ground and look out launched from 30mph

from third gear, it is important to keep the range in the turbo

remember:
start from 0, you are death
if more than two gearshifts you are dead
if it fails to change shift gear ... you are dead

only if you get holding the pace to finish in 5th gear and still alive.
it's time to step on the gas like there's no tomorrow.

(disclaimer: please do not let children do alone at home)

(sorry for my English)

Last edited by Argo8; 12-11-2014 at 05:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:56 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
That was entertaining, thanks for sharing.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:10 AM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
I had a 2012 GTR with 600 hp.I t is a great car.Its the 3 pedal and stick that made me buy my GT2.I had a cobb tune done on my GT2.The tuner could not get over how fast the gt2 is.He said based on power to weight ratio the GTR would have to have 800hp to be as fast as the gt2.I do think however that the gtr with launch control is faster 0-60.But not by much.
I must say however I so love the GT2 so much more than the GTR.Its just so much more engaging.The GT2 is true drivers car in comparison.A no frills thriller!

Old 12-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Both cars are great, but very different. I ended up getting both. The Porsche feels more special, the GTR feels more of like a toy. Will probably lightly mod the Porsche and heavily mod the GTR.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
Buy a mclaren

But seriously, i'd rather have a turbo any day of the week.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
The Porsche just needs an Accessport

The GTR's are great I have done my share of some fast ones. But I still am very much a Porsche guy, always will be.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Great video - nice kill. I love the post as well, the pre-story hyped me up before I got to the video.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:30 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I can relate, I had a run-in with Godzilla (tuned GTR) a while ago and boy was that beast fast...that said, the TTS more than held it's own. Definitely more nimble than the GTR. Let's just say, on that day, Germany 1: Japan 0.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:04 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
The Porsche just needs an Accessport

The GTR's are great I have done my share of some fast ones. But I still am very much a Porsche guy, always will be.

-Mitch
Agreed 100%

Old 12-11-2014, 01:14 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Argo8
remember:
start from 0, you are (dead)
if more than two gearshifts you are dead
if it fails to change shift gear ... you are dead
This is very good advice. Just race perfectly under your own criteria, and things should work out just fine. Video looks like a lot of fun!

Old 12-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Great run! Now get a tune on there and kick his butt

Old 12-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Love the story board - a tune and an exhaust system would help keep in front.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Argo8 is on a distinguished road
My 997.1 TT has a tune ecu, 200 cell exhaust, intercooler gt2 rs.
6-speed manual gearbox, the nissan recovers speed gear changes, gearbox is faster than my arm nervous system.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:39 PM
guab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of lightguab is a glorious beacon of light
The transmission in the GT-R is fast... I think the PDK is faster though (slightly).

I haven't gotten to run a GT-R yet in my Turbo S, but I owned a 2011 GT-R for a few years... never modded it. I had a few run-ins with GT-R's in my Boss 302 over the past year... came out a few car lengths ahead each time but it was always from a higher MPH roll. No clue if they were stock or modded ... but I was making over 700 horsepower. I'm a pretty bad shifter (and the Boss 302 transmission is terrible), so things would have been more in my favor with a decent transmission/shifter setup, and even better with a PDK.

I've owned a ton of cars over my life -- and I really think Porsche's "There is no substitute" slogan holds true. The Cobb AP tune and exhaust entirely change the car. Can't wait to get it back from Dyno Comp tomorrow.... Mitch (from Cobb) and Richard (from Dyno Comp) are the ones tuning it. Hoping for 630 engine horsepower with just exhaust/tune.... so a total gain of ~100 engine HP from those two modifications alone (on 95 octane).

Last edited by guab; 12-11-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:42 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
The 997.2's with the larger/more powerful motor and PDK have a huge advantage on the GTRs.

At the 2:00 mark in the vid below I raced a full bolt on e85 fuel system GTR making 600 wheel HP. This car/owner had a 10.4 at 134 timeslip.

For this run my 2011 Turbo S had only a tune and plenum and I was running the 91 octane tune with a blend of 91 and VP100 (97 motor octane).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to survive an encounter with godzilla, and escape alive?