997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikestyle
Are you sure you are not comparing worn out PSS vs fresh S04?
My PSS have less than 1,000 miles on them and are at 9/32 tread.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:07 PM
snaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to beholdsnaketits is a splendid one to behold
i got a set for sale in marketplace

Old 06-26-2015, 02:08 PM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rix
Local dealer here recommends PSS - the OE tire was the PS2 (the predecessor to the PSS) I believe.
where you located? You'll never find a Porsche dealer with MPSSs on a new 911 turbo as they are not the recommended stock tire. Hence why they are out of stock, everyone gets MPSS tires for their porsche once the stock OEMs are worn out. If they have them in stock i'd be shocked. You'll only find PS2s or P-Zeros as those were the factory installed options and what dealers carry. Reason being that the dealer will not warranty non OEM recommended tires.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:01 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbanezGod
where you located? You'll never find a Porsche dealer with MPSSs on a new 911 turbo as they are not the recommended stock tire. Hence why they are out of stock, everyone gets MPSS tires for their porsche once the stock OEMs are worn out. If they have them in stock i'd be shocked. You'll only find PS2s or P-Zeros as those were the factory installed options and what dealers carry. Reason being that the dealer will not warranty non OEM recommended tires.
Precisely. Or to be precise, Supersport tires do not have an N rating, which is certification to use on a porsche. P zeros and ps2s have the ratings.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Precisely. Or to be precise, Supersport tires do not have an N rating, which is certification to use on a porsche. P zeros and ps2s have the ratings.
Be shocked all you want. Same dealer pushes Europipe exhausts and they bring over a European flash tuner... For the low price of $10,000 you can have your car flashed, put on a Europipe, and Pilot Super Sports...

Old 06-30-2015, 05:45 AM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rix
Local dealer here recommends PSS - the OE tire was the PS2 (the predecessor to the PSS) I believe.
Originally Posted by rix
Be shocked all you want. Same dealer pushes Europipe exhausts and they bring over a European flash tuner... For the low price of $10,000 you can have your car flashed, put on a Europipe, and Pilot Super Sports...
Never heard of a porsche dealer doing that. Porsche doesn't warranty non-Porsche products.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Porsche NA might not, but Porsche Plano does and will. Rix isn't full of it, it is true. They also support local racers and hold their own track days. They sell and recommend PSS, they recommend europipe exhausts, and offer flashes on turbos.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Nevermiss is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rix

I like my EP, tune and MPSS...but not at the price!

Old 06-30-2015, 12:44 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Nice dealer. Until you want to trade your car in and they devalue it for reconditioning, because they need to take off the exhaust, can't cpo it because of the tune and need to change the tires to page spec. Bigger question is do they honor your warranty after they install all the stuff.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 PM
rix
Originally Posted by ryem3
Nice dealer. Until you want to trade your car in and they devalue it for reconditioning, because they need to take off the exhaust, can't cpo it because of the tune and need to change the tires to page spec. Bigger question is do they honor your warranty after they install all the stuff.
I was just saying they sell Pilot Super Sports. You are suffering from "someone is wrong on the Internet" syndrome and taking it a little further than my seemingly innocent comment intended.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Well it is a good question, one I don't have the answer to. Them selling the services doesn't mean that they won't screw you on the back end. They typically are stand up guys, but I doubt they would run afoul of Porsche's rules about CPO and such, so thus would not CPO one of these modified cars.

Not that it matters for Rix and I - our cars are well past the point of CPO being a concern...

Old 08-03-2015, 04:15 PM
rix
Update on the S04s...

I managed to light them up on a third gear roll from 40mph yesterday. I love the tire but if it isn't going to hook up in third that's a problem. The tune in the car was more aggressive than in the past.

I'll try a different section of road and see how they do but I'm pretty disappointed. Thought I had the tire problem solved.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by rix
Update on the S04s...

I managed to light them up on a third gear roll from 40mph yesterday. I love the tire but if it isn't going to hook up in third that's a problem. The tune in the car was more aggressive than in the past.

I'll try a different section of road and see how they do but I'm pretty disappointed. Thought I had the tire problem solved.
So you were expecting a lot more grip? I have MPSS and I have had my tires chirp at 40. Pushing around 550HP.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:50 PM
rix
Originally Posted by IbanezGod
So you were expecting a lot more grip? I have MPSS and I have had my tires chirp at 40. Pushing around 550HP.
Chirping on a shift is one thing, I rolled into it @ 40mph as smooth as can be and it still lit up.