997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Raced 2 997s at Pocono Roll Races this weekend (Video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:22 PM
C4TT is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
I ran two cool dudes with nicely prepped cars this past weekend at Slipstream's RO2RO charity roll racing event at Pocono Raceway.

I believe both owners lurk here.

First car was a 997.1 with FBO. The owner can chime in on details if he cares to. I believe it was a Cobb tuned car. More details in the video.

Second car was a nasty 997.2 TTS. Another class act. I think this is a Champion prepped car. It blew me away watching this think launch. Made me want a 997 TT again!! This thing is also FBO with meth.
What's interesting is that a trapped 1/2 a mile per hour faster.. Maybe I was would have crept back in 5th.. Who knows. Kudus and respect to this beast, and both owners.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:42 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Nice car and thx for sharing. What does that tune get you to in terms of wheel HP/TQ?

Old 07-13-2015, 01:44 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Wow! What a difference between the PDK car and 6speed. I'm shocked the viper beat the 6speed car still. Says a lot about the viper in stock form!

Old 07-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Nice car and thx for sharing. What does that tune get you to in terms of wheel HP/TQ?
Good question. My car only has 900 miles on the clock, so probably a bit less than in a couple thousand miles. On average, I've heard stock roughly 530 to 550WHP and with tune 560 to 580WHP. I'd say 30whp.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Wow! What a difference between the PDK car and 6speed. I'm shocked the viper beat the 6speed car still. Says a lot about the viper in stock form!
The Viper is an animal. I've had many cars 997.1 FBO, Z06s, GT500, this car by far sets the performance bar very high in stock form. With a mild factory canned tune, it did what it did. You do need to drive the bejesus out of it. I would have lost many races if I hadn't done exactly that.

So the difference between both cars, well aside from the obvious, I'd say the meth makes a big difference on top of the PDK. Add the two together and you have a lethal 9 second machine...

Old 07-13-2015, 02:54 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4TT
The Viper is an animal. I've had many cars 997.1 FBO, Z06s, GT500, this car by far sets the performance bar very high in stock form. With a mild factory canned tune, it did what it did. You do need to drive the bejesus out of it. I would have lost many races if I hadn't done exactly that.

So the difference between both cars, well aside from the obvious, I'd say the meth makes a big difference on top of the PDK. Add the two together and you have a lethal 9 second machine...
Actually for the 997.2, no one tunes for meth so it actually doesn't add power except what you just get from IAT suppression and additional octane which from what I have experienced is not much.

My car with and without meth performed similarly except at 250kph. Without meth, my car would fuel cut since lamda changes from 0.8 to 0.75 at that speed and requires more fuel. The system was tapped for me at 0.8 so the 0.75 requirements mean the HPFP could extract no more fuel and the ECU cut power. Running 100% meth dual 630 nozzles and a slight revision in tune, I can run past 250kph without fuel cutting now.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I think that 997.2 it TightTT from the forum... Looks like his car

Old 07-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Actually for the 997.2, no one tunes for meth so it actually doesn't add power except what you just get from IAT suppression and additional octane which from what I have experienced is not much.

My car with and without meth performed similarly except at 250kph. Without meth, my car would fuel cut since lamda changes from 0.8 to 0.75 at that speed and requires more fuel. The system was tapped for me at 0.8 so the 0.75 requirements mean the HPFP could extract no more fuel and the ECU cut power. Running 100% meth dual 630 nozzles and a slight revision in tune, I can run past 250kph without fuel cutting now.
I can tell you that having run meth on two of my past cars it makes a difference when your car is idling for 45 minutes before each run in the sun.. I wished I had the equivalent cause by car was sluggish on the hit which is generally violent at those speeds..

Old 07-13-2015, 05:02 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Cool videos, thanks for sharing. I raced my brother's 2014 TA Viper with an aftermarket ECU right after he went to the track and trapped 132 mph. He drives the crap out of it and flat floot shifts also. I was about two car lengths out on him by the top of my 4th gear (was a ~40-135 mph race). This was on 93 octane. On E85, it would have been a lot worse

Old 07-13-2015, 06:18 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed you had an arrow pcm. Interestingly I met Charlie Brown from Arrow this weekend and tried to buy his 356C from him. Deal fell through.

I'm amazed the 6 speed fell on its face like it did. Did it sound like a mis shift. I don't know the particulars about your car but my 6 speed cabriolet has been pulling a mountain of timing and I still walk my two buddies in their vipers. We have even swapped cars and the 911 still rolls out.

Although I love my 911 the viper is a very nice car and I'll grab one someday thanks for sharing.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by roncooper
I noticed you had an arrow pcm. Interestingly I met Charlie Brown from Arrow this weekend and tried to buy his 356C from him. Deal fell through.

I'm amazed the 6 speed fell on its face like it did. Did it sound like a mis shift. I don't know the particulars about your car but my 6 speed cabriolet has been pulling a mountain of timing and I still walk my two buddies in their vipers. We have even swapped cars and the 911 still rolls out.

Although I love my 911 the viper is a very nice car and I'll grab one someday thanks for sharing.
The black Porsche owner who's a member here said it was clean. We both had a bad run earlier so this was our round 2. His car needs turbos.. Nuff said

Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Boeing Driver is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by C4TT
The black Porsche owner who's a member here said it was clean. We both had a bad run earlier so this was our round 2. His car needs turbos.. Nuff said
Wow!! love the car in your avatar!!!

Old 07-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Boeing Driver
Wow!! love the car in your avatar!!!
One would be a fool to part with such a fine automobile...

Old 07-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
I was the owner racing in the black car..first off I want to say the viper is a freaking beast.. Race was from 60-140... And gave everything the car had... Unless there's something wrong with my car which I don't have any codes... Looking at some youtube races will tell you that car has wicked top end..I guess. That's what happens when your down 60 hp .. And your turbos shoot there load in 5th gear.. Much respect for the car and owner it was a fair race but my car needs more air...opinions are welcomed.....

Old 07-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Viper and 630 whp cobra... Are the only cars I lost too... I also raced another 6 speed turbo that had tune exaust and intake... Had him by 2.5 cars and 4 mph on the speed... I was usally trapping between 137 - 141... If anyone can transfer those numbers.. That would be awesome...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Raced 2 997s at Pocono Roll Races this weekend (Video)