997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Another stupid question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Another stupid question...

I've tried looking up info on diffrent oils for the whole car...I don't want to turn this into a dumb oil thread but if someone has the correct info on

1....front diff
2 ......transfer case
3...... Rear diff
4.......tranny
I'm a little confused on we're to use ATF and gear oil....can someone clear this up for me...

Old 09-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
The car is a 6 speed manual......someone pull the trigger and answer...please..

Old 09-15-2015, 10:04 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
I've tried looking up info on diffrent oils for the whole car...I don't want to turn this into a dumb oil thread but if someone has the correct info on

1....front diff
2 ......transfer case
3...... Rear diff
4.......tranny
I'm a little confused on we're to use ATF and gear oil....can someone clear this up for me...
rear diff and tranny share a case, and share oil, so you have to be very very careful messing with what goes in. According to the porsche dealer I spoke to, the gear oil should last the life of the transmission. Take that advice with a dealer grain of salt.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99991754600.html

or

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/DELVAC.html

Old 09-16-2015, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by TimeTomorrow
rear diff and tranny share a case, and share oil, so you have to be very very careful messing with what goes in. According to the porsche dealer I spoke to, the gear oil should last the life of the transmission. Take that advice with a dealer grain of salt.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99991754600.html

or

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/DELVAC.html
Ok so I'm looking for a full synthetic 75 90 for all gears... And transfer fluid..

Old 09-16-2015, 07:14 AM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Ok so I'm looking for a full synthetic 75 90 for all gears... And transfer fluid..

What's your reason for changing it? Some guys said thicker oil might cut down on the lwfw gear chatter, which I hate, but nobody had any known limited slip friendly recommendations in the threads I found.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by TimeTomorrow
What's your reason for changing it? Some guys said thicker oil might cut down on the lwfw gear chatter, which I hate, but nobody had any known limited slip friendly recommendations in the threads I found.
I heavily track my car .. Can sometimes hear gear noise when car runs .. Super hot... My brother stays away from oem fluids.. As they've never worked for him.... He's getting great results from redline and amsoil products.. The car is 8 years old so at this point I'm looking to upgrade my fluids...

Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Yup.. if you track the car, use a high quality synthetic.

if Im feeling spendy I use gibbs, otherwise Mobil 1.