997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What's Wrong With My Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:47 AM
uurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura about
What's Wrong With My Car?

I have an 07 997TT with GT3 TB, IPD plenum, Tubi Exhaust and EVOMS Tune.

In 3rd and 4th gear WOT after about 4k RPM the car feels like the rate of acceleration drops drastically. It feels like it's hit a flat wall. Then when I hit 7k RPM the car pulls hard for the last but but until I shift and then the same repeat scenario with 4th gear.
I just changed the plugs and checked the FPR for disconnected hose.

These occurrences happen no matter the temp outside from mid afternoon highs to late evening lows and I have also filled up from many different gas stations thinking fuel may be the problem.

What could be the possible issues so I know where to start the diagnosis.

Thank You

Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uurfantasy

In 3rd and 4th gear WOT after about 4k RPM the car feels like the rate of acceleration drops drastically. It feels like it's hit a flat wall. Then when I hit 7k RPM the car pulls hard for the last but but until I shift and then the same repeat scenario with 4th gear.

These occurrences happen no matter the temp outside from mid afternoon highs to late evening lows and I have also filled up from many different gas stations thinking fuel may be the problem.

Thank You
Post logs on datazap.me and link here, without logs you are only get guesses from ppl anyways...

Old 09-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uurfantasy

Thank You
I second the recommendation for some logs. It sounds like timing pull, as that's the meat of the torque curve where that tends to occur. The log should show it clearly, and we can assist in diagnosing why it's happening if that is the case.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 09-23-2015, 08:55 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
If you are running the factory clutch I would throw that into the mix. With the mods you listed you more than likely will overtax the stock hardware and it will slip.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:10 AM
uurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gmoney
If you are running the factory clutch I would throw that into the mix. With the mods you listed you more than likely will overtax the stock hardware and it will slip.

I will get some data logs done and report back.

The clutch isn't slipping - thankfully.