997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GIAC 997.2 Turbo S vs Porsche 918 Half Mile Race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:27 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Longboarder,

your car is very fast and for a car to pull you up top like that goes to show us how fast these new super cars are!!! (P1, LF, 918!!)
+1 I really thought longboarder would win

Old 10-26-2015, 03:03 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
+1 I really thought longboarder would win
Wow I appreciate all that but even at 100% I don't think I would stand a chance in the half mile against the 918. The trap the 1/4 mile over 140mph and keep flying!

Old 10-26-2015, 03:05 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by longboarder
Wow I appreciate all that but even at 100% I don't think I would stand a chance in the half mile against the 918. The trap the 1/4 mile over 140mph and keep flying!
Do you think a gt30 997.1 turbo would beat it ?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:14 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Do you think a gt30 997.1 turbo would beat it ?
I'm not very familiar with the 3,6 litre platform but if the motor is built and it runs e85 full tilt then absolutely it can run with a 918.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:23 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great run Adam, hanging with a 918 into triple digits is no small accomplishment. Well done! Hey if you add another $700,000 in upgrades you might just beat him! I think you win the value battle ($$/performance)...!

Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Nice runs Adam!!

Old 10-27-2015, 11:54 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Very Nice! Hung with him pretty well...for the difference in price/HP/technology.

Take care,
DC

Old 10-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by akunob
Great run Adam, hanging with a 918 into triple digits is no small accomplishment. Well done! Hey if you add another $700,000 in upgrades you might just beat him! I think you win the value battle ($$/performance)...!
Haha car is going to have plugs changed tomorrow to fix my misfire issue and then off to GIAC for more power. Pretty clear that it need another 100+ HP or so to keep up with it in the triple digits. Not sure that can be accomplished with the minor fueling tweaks GIAC has in store for me but at least the new plugs plus the additional boost/timing from more fuel will close the gap significantly!

Originally Posted by TighTT
Nice runs Adam!!
Thanks it wasn't easy. I was fighting the throttle and steering wheel over the first few seconds up to around 80mph until it straightened out and stopped spinning. Days are gone where it was WOT and go with this car.

Originally Posted by therock88
Very Nice! Hung with him pretty well...for the difference in price/HP/technology.

Take care,
DC
Just shows our old 997 platform is very strong out of the box!

Old 10-29-2015, 01:03 AM
Turbonium is on a distinguished road
Hello, I was the bulk 997.1 out there with the Vorsteiner kit. I wish my car would have performed out there. 2nd time out there. Best speed was 145 stock on a cobb tune. I was hoping that I would go faster but maybe next time.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:47 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Thanks it wasn't easy. I was fighting the throttle and steering wheel over the first few seconds up to around 80mph until it straightened out and stopped spinning. Days are gone where it was WOT and go with this car.
Did you end up buying R888 last year? Are you still running them at the events?

Old 10-29-2015, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Turbonium
Hello, I was the bulk 997.1 out there with the Vorsteiner kit. I wish my car would have performed out there. 2nd time out there. Best speed was 145 stock on a cobb tune. I was hoping that I would go faster but maybe next time.
You will be in the high 150's next time destroying everything from a dig when you go full e85

Old 10-29-2015, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Did you end up buying R888 last year? Are you still running them at the events?
Yes I use these tires for everything... Airstrip, track, dragstrip and street. Love them.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:15 AM
[QUOTE=longboarder;4420943]Haha car is going to have plugs changed tomorrow to fix my misfire issue and then off to GIAC for more power. Pretty clear that it need another 100+ HP or so to keep up with it in the triple digits. Not sure that can be accomplished with the minor fueling tweaks GIAC has in store for me but at least the new plugs plus the additional boost/timing from more fuel will close the gap significantly!

Hmm looks like that giac remap can do real wonders
You are still pushing on stock turbochargers , stock pdk clutch and still finding ways to beat fuel requirements

Old 10-30-2015, 07:39 AM
Hmm looks like that giac remap can do real wonders
You are still pushing on stock turbochargers , stock pdk clutch and still finding ways to beat fuel requirements
Yes stock turbos stock PDK. Turbos are only 18psi at red line and is well in the efficiency range with quite a bit to go. I have asked GIAC to lower boost a little in the mid range and increase top end. Probably better for the PDK. Car is not only getting plugs but coils too just in case. Fueling upgrade from GIAC is small but we will see how much more top end they can squeeze out. It will be a significant accomplishment on this platform since no one has been able to do any real fueling upgrade at all.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Haha car is going to have plugs changed tomorrow to fix my misfire issue and then off to GIAC for more power. Pretty clear that it need another 100+ HP or so to keep up with it in the triple digits. Not sure that can be accomplished with the minor fueling tweaks GIAC has in store for me but at least the new plugs plus the additional boost/timing from more fuel will close the gap significantly!

Just shows our old 997 platform is very strong out of the box!
Hi Adam,

What tires are you using? I swapped the R11's for some MPSS P2's...night and day difference.

Manuel

Last edited by Boosted TTS; 10-30-2015 at 07:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC 997.2 Turbo S vs Porsche 918 Half Mile Race