997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Agency Power (eBay) beware of fitment and terrible customer support

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 05:49 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
I still have never got an email to help the customer as requested. I have put my email here twice now. I have also got the actual phone call recordings. Will be more than happy to assist you reasonably. I have been on this forum since 2006 and have helped and supported members through thick and thin. No matter what you do, what
cars you own, there is no need to throw that around as its irrelevant. I have owned and personally used tested many of these products. So as a former 997TT owner, I understand the attention to detail you desire.
I sent you an email as soon as you posted here, I also sent you a PM. I am pretty sure you guys know who I am and how to get a hold of me. I got no reply from you. You are too concerned with saving face on the forum instead of emailing/calling/PM me. Let's be real here, you guys had every chance to fix this instead you guys keep trying to complicate the issue and muddy the waters. Your spoiler is junk, I can post pictures on here and the members can judge for themselves.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:21 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pdxm5
all these ebay sellers are just distributors, all warranty still goes via Agency. I tried to deal with the seller, he forwarded me Agency's instructions. Ebay seller would not do anything without Agency picking up the replacement. If the eBay seller is not standing behind the product (he is not), Agency should. After i called and spoke with Agency direct it became apparent what kind of a operation this is. They simply don't care. 99% of the time if a basic in stock item comes defective they will send you a new one, you send the old one back and thats the end. Agency wants to hit me with shipping fees, (possibly 25% restocking fee now they are saying "up to"), then they want my bodyshop to try to re-thread the spoiler (when this is not even the problem issue) and just a bunch of hoops and time wasted. At the same time telling me there is nothing wrong and they have never had a bad product as its impossible yet they don't test fit any products or have quality control because that would make the items "used".

anyway, i hope the rest can learn from this i am sure my CC will get the $$ back and i am just out of time and $300 labor. Glad i didn't drop $3k on their exhaust and carbon intake. I am calling Champion
I understand your frustration as I have also gotten parts that are less than favorable (assuming the part is less than favorable as you haven't posted any pics of the item)...but, it is clear by the responses from Vivid that they are more than willing to help - he gave you his direct information - why not reach out to him like he is suggesting?

Something is not panning out.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I understand your frustration as I have also gotten parts that are less than favorable (assuming the part is less than favorable as you haven't posted any pics of the item)...but, it is clear by the responses from Vivid that they are more than willing to help - he gave you his direct information - why not reach out to him like he is suggesting?

Something is not panning out.
The story he is posting here is not what's going on, I did speak with them this morning and emailed him with no reply back. His just posting to make it seem like his company is trying to handle it.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:49 PM
I will take some detailed pix for you guys tomorrow

Old 11-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Edited with some pictures showing a measurement for each mounting point. Factory threads start at .05 on factory wing. Agency power wing one hole is at .27 other is at .4 before threads start. Factory bolt needs minimum of .3 to start threading, and that's to just to barely hold it.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:26 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
The story he is posting here is not what's going on, I did speak with them this morning and emailed him with no reply back. His just posting to make it seem like his company is trying to handle it.
Unfortunately...none of this is surprising.

Good luck,
DC

Old 11-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute

If the shoe fits...

Old 11-25-2015, 07:09 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why Vivid is so adamant about an email when it is obvious that he has received at least one PM. Is there a big difference between a PM and an email? Seems to me that Vivid is throwing a smoke screen.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:03 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I run a business and we have a lot of people selling junk on the internet claiming it is the same or even our product. It is quite annoying. What I tell the people is you purchased it on ebay (or craigslist) because it was cheaper? No other reason. Well there is a reason its cheaper. We sell defective lots at a discount to guys who have a market for it, We remove out service tags, contact info stickers and move it out to the highest bidder.

Every once and a while I get thse calls because it looks like out unit. I ask for a serial number (Which they don't have) or a sale date and distributor they bought from. Then the story unfolds just like this does.

Shame on you OP, it is hard enough to get a good reputation by doing it right every day. I will go to great lengths to satisfy a customer. I think it is irresponsible to call a company out for something you purchased on ebay.

I would ask for the mods to delete this thread as I would be PO if someone googled my company and got this dribble and might not drill down to the OP is looking for someone to clean up his bad decision.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Email is easily forwarded to the person in his company who can help.

Just guessing

Originally Posted by kwiksilver
I don't understand why Vivid is so adamant about an email when it is obvious that he has received at least one PM. Is there a big difference between a PM and an email? Seems to me that Vivid is throwing a smoke screen.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by JSF721
I run a business and we have a lot of people selling junk on the internet claiming it is the same or even our product. It is quite annoying. What I tell the people is you purchased it on ebay (or craigslist) because it was cheaper? No other reason. Well there is a reason its cheaper. We sell defective lots at a discount to guys who have a market for it, We remove out service tags, contact info stickers and move it out to the highest bidder.

Every once and a while I get thse calls because it looks like out unit. I ask for a serial number (Which they don't have) or a sale date and distributor they bought from. Then the story unfolds just like this does.

Shame on you OP, it is hard enough to get a good reputation by doing it right every day. I will go to great lengths to satisfy a customer. I think it is irresponsible to call a company out for something you purchased on ebay.

I would ask for the mods to delete this thread as I would be PO if someone googled my company and got this dribble and might not drill down to the OP is looking for someone to clean up his bad decision.

Did you even read any of this before posting this wall of nonsense ?

Old 11-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Is the Ebay guy a certified dealer for your product.

If he is I will delete my post and apologize.

if not I stand by my post. I get this every once and while and its is a PITA and creates misconceptions about companies and their services.

Buy it from the manufacturer or certified dealer and you have clear recourse.

Example I put a roof on my building and paid 60K. Spec'd the job Firestone material and the part number and spec.

The guy lists Authorized Firestone dealer on his website. I hire him. 2 tears in we have an issue, he is no longer in business. I call firestone and he was NOT an authorized rep. I fax my contract clearly showing authorized firestone dealer and I was out of Luck. I did not blame firestone, I blame myself. Its a learning process.

Did you even read any of this before posting this wall of nonsense ?

Old 11-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by JSF721
Is the Ebay guy a certified dealer for your product.

If he is I will delete my post and apologize.

if not I stand by my post. I get this every once and while and its is a PITA and creates misconceptions about companies and their services.

Buy it from the manufacturer or certified dealer and you have clear recourse.

Example I put a roof on my building and paid 60K. Spec'd the job Firestone material and the part number and spec.

The guy lists Authorized Firestone dealer on his website. I hire him. 2 tears in we have an issue, he is no longer in business. I call firestone and he was NOT an authorized rep. I fax my contract clearly showing authorized firestone dealer and I was out of Luck. I did not blame firestone, I blame myself. Its a learning process.

Dude.... read the thread. Yes ebay seller is their distributor. Agency doesnt deny they made the wing they just deny that there is anything wrong with it. Via emails and on the phone they keep telling me, "the wing is perfect"

Old 11-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
First and foremost, trying to assist you. I finally received a direct email from you, thank you. Since you furthered with a reply that you will slander us, I will post my responses here. The door is wide wide open to assist you in replacing the part.

Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:08 AM
To: Dan Mermelstein
Subject: carbon wing

Purchased from

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AGENCY-POWER...RRIRTB:US:3160

I explained to the vendor several times what the issue is, they kept trying to tell me that its just carbon buildup that can be fixed by re-threading. Thats not the issue. Then i was told i had to pay for shipping and 25% restocking fee.

All i asked for was a replacement wing or a full refund and a prepaid label so i can ship this one back.

I called in this morning and talked to someone in your customer service. I already spent $300 at the bodyshop and a day of my time, i am not spending any more $ on shipping for this as its a defect and not my issue to pay for.

Thank you,
vlad

My Reply
Thanks for emailing. I understand your frustration. I think the way it was handled/posted online was not the best way to go about it, but you are entitled to do what you need to. First and foremost, Vivid Racing is not related to this transaction. Agency Power is a separate company. I have spoken with the management team at Agency Power several times about this including the account manager of the store where you bought it. Agency Power did not sell you the product so we cannot charge you anything. Everyone here is trying to help you. Demanding things won’t get us anywhere. What Agency Power will do is honor in utmost good faith the warranty and return policies with its dealers. To do, this, we need to follow our procedures and policies in accordance with the dealer who purchased the product and sold to you.

If you would like a replacement wing, Colin, the account manager of the company you purchased from, can give them instructions on the process of returning or exchanging the item. Following our procedures and your satisfaction, hopefully this thread can be resolved. Please reply to all so the Agency Power team can assist you with my approval.

Customer Reply (replied to me only)
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 9:28 AM
To: Dan Mermelstein
Subject: Re: carbon wing

Wing is defective. You guys have not acknowledged this still. You keep repeating the same story over and over. Your eBay dealer didn’t offer a solution, he just told me to ship the wing back at my expense (and then what). I have a record between me and the eBay seller where I explain the issue and he keeps telling me that the wing is perfect! You guys are trying to make it look like your doing me a “favor” by trying to “help” me. If you cant even send me a new wing and provide a prepaid label for this one I think I will just ride this out with my CC company handling the transaction.

I feel its important to keep the community informed, now that this has gotten this far I am actually going to do a full write up review/comparison between stock wing, your wing and I just ordered a real one (not replica) from another vendor, I think 6speed and few other Porsche forums will benefit from an honest review between all of the options on the market.

Thank you,
Vlad

My Reply
I have asked you to reply to all so I will add them again here. You stating the item is defective is fine. We can replace the item under our Warranty policies. We will be HAPPY to do this according to our policies. Once the item gets returned to us, we can then see exactly the issue and correct further product. So there is absolutely no issue in supporting the product and fitment issues you are having. The Agency Power management team has given you the options on how we can rectify the warranty through the seller. We cannot do it your way as we have policies in place. If you would like to proceed, let us know.

If you would like to have a discussion via phone, you can reach me at the number below.

Dan Mermelstein
Owner
Tel: +1.480.966.3040 x222

Obviously there is some communication disconnect here. Nobody has anyone to pay for anything other than to follow our return policies.

Last edited by vividracing; 11-25-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 AM

"This is a common issue that can easily be resolved. There is just carbon buildup that needs to be removed around the threads. If the customer is willing to have the body shop heli-coil it, it will go in fine. They will need to clean the threads and see if it works. If not then they can heli-coil it. Nothing is wrong with the wing"

Best,
-Nick

Even when looking at pictures with a micrometer and measurements in place does Nick not know how bolts and threads work?

Hint for Nick: You cant thread something that's not even close to factory spec.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power (eBay) beware of fitment and terrible customer support