997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Straight pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 05:01 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Any drone?

Do u get the 3200k rpm drone?

Old 12-17-2015, 06:29 AM
Feco is on a distinguished road
I'm interested to do straight pipes on my 997.1 also. But I use the car for some small trips, eventually. Can you tell me if it resonates inside the cabin under constant acceleration at 70mph?

Old 12-19-2015, 08:07 AM
leevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by faiz
Do u get the 3200k rpm drone?
Yes, drone is pretty bad midrange. I have a 6MT though. Low RPM range its quiet. If I'm cruising I can just put it in a higher gear and its not too bad.

The drone helps when my girlfriend tries talking to me as I drive.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:08 AM
leevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Feco
I'm interested to do straight pipes on my 997.1 also. But I use the car for some small trips, eventually. Can you tell me if it resonates inside the cabin under constant acceleration at 70mph?
Yes, but see my response above. 70 mph in 6th gear isn't too bad. mid range power band its pretty loud.

-Lee

Old 12-21-2015, 12:40 AM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Sounds and looks great Lee.

~Val

Old 12-21-2015, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by supra.z06
Sounds and looks great Lee.

~Val
Thanks Val!

Old 12-22-2015, 01:01 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Does it throw any errors or are you running the O2 sensors?

Old 12-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by E-Gear
Great work brotha!

Heck, if they can make it for let's say $1,800 or less shipped for both the997's and 991's, they'll sell a ton!

That system sounds really good; just the same as or better than units costing a lot more.

Here is one little catch...and this is just a very little catch.... as many of you guys are aware, Turbo Porsches can sometimes display that annoying startup smoke syndrome. Meaning, during cold starts, you get that puff of smoke and often after driving it hard, parking it and re-starting it andso on. Well, with no cats it all, the smoke can be more obvious/pronounce, but it goes away very quickly…it’s no biggie;it’s just the nature of these engines, but just putting it out there in case some are not aware.

Thanks,
E-Gear
This is true! I've gotten that for sure.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by 512bb
Does it throw any errors or are you running the O2 sensors?
Yes, it throws codes. I ordered a Cobb so I can tune it and get rid of the codes.

I'll most likely throw it on the dyno next week.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:29 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Argh on the codes! Let me know how the dyno runs go. Still interested.

Cheers.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:08 PM
reisskhan is on a distinguished road
Hi leevg

Bit of a silly question but any particular reason you went with a bend/x type design instead of the fully straight pipes from the turbo's straight into the bumper?

Is there any benefits in your friends design power/noise wise?

thanks

Old 01-05-2016, 04:16 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I have a set of straight STRAIGHT pipes and they are LOUD...but it just sounds plain mean and wicked.

Your X pipes sound really good...a lot more quiet but still pretty aggressive.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Got dam that sounds awesome!!!! Love it!

Originally Posted by leevg

Old 01-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I have a set of straight STRAIGHT pipes and they are LOUD...but it just sounds plain mean and wicked.

Your X pipes sound really good...a lot more quiet but still pretty aggressive.
I agree. I watched some clips online of the straight straight pipes and they were crazy loud. There are a few videos on youtube of longer straight pipes and I liked the sound more.

I believe there was one from protuning freaks with a blue 997 that had straight pipes and another silver porsche with no rear bumper launching. Both of those had longer pipes so that sold me on the X design.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Can the turbos spin up too fast without cats?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Straight pipes