997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Post your MacGyver fixes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Post your MacGyver fixes!

So I fixed my rear bumper this week and was thinking it'd be a cool and possibly helpful thread for people to post how they fixed things on their car and how they are holding up.

I'll go first - i had a tab on my rear bumper break off and the rear bumper would come out after every drive.

This is what it would look like:

As you can see the clip is broken.

I took a washer and used some JB weld to mount it to the bumper. I let it set overnight.

I then installed as normal and the bumper is holding perfectly! I am extremely happy with the results and it has held up great so far - about a week and some rather high speed passes as well.

Feel free to share your fixes to help others who may have the same issues!!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 AM
HP11 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kricci
So I fixed my rear bumper this week and was thinking it'd be a cool and possibly helpful thread for people to post how they fixed things on their car and how they are holding up.

I'll go first - i had a tab on my rear bumper break off and the rear bumper would come out after every drive.

This is what it would look like:

I took a washer and used some JB weld to mount it to the bumper. I let it set overnight.

I then installed as normal and the bumper is holding perfectly! I am extremely happy with the results and it has held up great so far - about a week and some rather high speed passes as well.

This is pretty nifty! Brings back memories of the macgyver fixes I have done on other vehicles I have owned. I never would have thought jb weld would have held that washer and plastic bumper together.

Cool fix and hope it continues to hold up!

Old 03-29-2016, 02:03 PM
JShinone is on a distinguished road
Nice fix, that looked super easy.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HP11
This is pretty nifty! Brings back memories of the macgyver fixes I have done on other vehicles I have owned. I never would have thought jb weld would have held that washer and plastic bumper together.

Cool fix and hope it continues to hold up!
Thanks!! Exactly my thought, but I figured i had nothing to lose. it's done the job thus far... i couldn't think of a better way to do it!

Post up some of the fixes from other cars if you want - i think it would be helpful and interesting to see how folks have fixed things.