997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

-Build Thread- 997.2TT by ESmotor

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:31 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !

Short clip of the exhaust setup

Old 11-30-2016, 08:22 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work, make sure you keep the aquamist control unit in a place easy to get to ... I hid mine behind the rear speaker driver side stealth style ..

Good luck

Old 11-30-2016, 08:24 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Thanks bro

I'm doing the same but on the passenger side

Old 11-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IMI A
You my friend are miles ahead of me so I should be taking advice by you. My tuner has suggested main things are:-

- do not place the injectors in any hoses - might seem obvious but have seen it many times before - if you get a boost leak on a turbo to intercooler hose etc or intercooler to y-pipe you will be spraying methanol over your engine!

- put the injectors far enough back on the y-pipe so it has time to turn to a vapour

- set up the control based on injector duty cycle not boost - IDC is always okay but if you have small boost leak then by boost you are affected

- make sure you set the IDC low enough so that when you need the meth, it will be in the cylinders

- keep all the lines away from anything hot

- run with water first to make sure it is leak proof - then when sure run Methanol

- run with a large enough tank - 9e use 2.2 gallons

- use the sports chrono to mount the gauge

About injectors location sugestion, i would say yes and no. Further allow better atomization but also allows the meth to loose octane when reaching into cylinders chamber. Some prefer closer to thottle body to prevent that. Better ask to your tuner about it

Old 11-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
About injectors location sugestion, i would say yes and no. Further allow better atomization but also allows the meth to loose octane when reaching into cylinders chamber. Some prefer closer to thottle body to prevent that. Better ask to your tuner about it
Thanks bro

My tuner, Emre@esmotor made the location ready. Drilled and tapped

Old 11-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
I'm curious to see your results and compare with my car, although the PDK is a huge advantage.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
I'm curious to see your results and compare with my car, although the PDK is a huge advantage.
Hehehehe

Stay tuned then

I'm pushing to manage my time between work, family and working on-the-fly

Old 11-30-2016, 03:40 PM
Progress report number 8, 30 Nov 2016

so today I didn't have much time to work on the car ( as usual :)

I've focused on the fitment and installation location of the methanol pump and tank

I was quite happy with the plan and results.

I'm liking the trunk mat more lool
​​​lool

Little idea to have led strips beneath the tank to easily see the level. I'll wire it to the trunk bulb to activate when the trunk is open

Stripped the paint of the supplied tank braket. Will spray it black

Old 11-30-2016, 04:29 PM
JBFMCAR will become famous soon enoughJBFMCAR will become famous soon enough
Great build !

Old 12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Progress report December 7th, 2016

as usual , I've been busy with work and travel.

good news I was able to do some work

1. Finished up the engine bay side install for the methanol injection , I fixed the FAV and hoses
2. On the trunk side I have installed a small fuse box and ran all the wiring for the methanol pump... plus a little tweak that I thought would be useful; which is a three port panel to monitor voltage , 12V port and USB ports... I'll also use it to hook up the battery charger
3. I forgot to paint the tank braket earlier . . so I sprayed it with a truck bed liner that comes in a can . .. nice stuff !

Added an edge rubber thingy... not sure about it though

Old 12-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Program update , 8th Dec 2016

had fun today to see things coming together

1. I've completed the wiring on the trunk aluminum mat and hooked up the plugs for the methanol pump and hoses of the tank
2. mounted in the car
3. ran the pump on battery power to test with water in the tank for any obvious issues

Old 12-08-2016, 06:27 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Looking good! Can appreciate the DIY skills

Old 12-09-2016, 01:41 AM
So last night when I was all done with the trunk, I spent like 10 minutes staring at my creation . ... amd decided I wanted a cleaner look

loool
​​loool
I have ordered a Howerton tank

http://howertonengineering.com/product/howerton-engineering-10l-sumped-tank/

Old 12-09-2016, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Looking good! Can appreciate the DIY skills
Thanks dear!!!

I'm a computer engineer by education, but never practiced it... my cars is where I cure my itch to create and solve lool

Old 12-09-2016, 02:01 AM
JBFMCAR will become famous soon enoughJBFMCAR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 3llooi
So last night when I was all done with the trunk, I spent like 10 minutes staring at my creation . ... amd decided I wanted a cleaner look

loool
​​loool
I have ordered a Howerton tank

http://howertonengineering.com/produ...l-sumped-tank/
Great choice there twin tank was suggested to me as well. They are of high quality with a look to match for the Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.