997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PDK "Dead Spot" Between Shifts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 02:47 PM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future
PDK "Dead Spot" Between Shifts?

Hey everyone. I've searched for this but didn't really see anything pertaining to this situation.

I have a bolt-on/meth 997.2 TTS with PDK trans. At full throttle between shifts, there is a distinct "dead spot" as I call it. What is occurring is I will shift, keep my foot to the floor, and the car will lag pretty badly almost acting as it is coasting while my foot is still to the floor, and then it will finally get power back and continue pulling. The dead spot is a good 1-2 seconds long.

The car holds boost between shifts and my RPM's don't shoot up or anything like that which leads me to believe it's a PDK issue. If anyone can chime in on if this is normal or have an idea on what might be causing this that would be great. I don't think it's normal, the PDK shouldn't lag like that between shifts.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:00 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
mine does not do this and im softronic tuned, i would speak with your tuner as im guessing this didnt happen stock.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:27 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
My tuner, Emre @ESmotor, says that he can solve that via ECU tunes

The ECU cuts the angle on the throttle body

I'm doing a tune on my PDK TCU... to get more performance

I've removed it and sent it to ESmotor

Last edited by 3llooi; 12-14-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:39 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by erikchich
Hey everyone. I've searched for this but didn't really see anything pertaining to this situation.

I have a bolt-on/meth 997.2 TTS with PDK trans. At full throttle between shifts, there is a distinct "dead spot" as I call it. What is occurring is I will shift, keep my foot to the floor, and the car will lag pretty badly almost acting as it is coasting while my foot is still to the floor, and then it will finally get power back and continue pulling. The dead spot is a good 1-2 seconds long.

The car holds boost between shifts and my RPM's don't shoot up or anything like that which leads me to believe it's a PDK issue. If anyone can chime in on if this is normal or have an idea on what might be causing this that would be great. I don't think it's normal, the PDK shouldn't lag like that between shifts.
Hi Erik, this happens when you go Stage 2. The tach revs so fast sometimes the computer can't shift quick enough before it hits fuel cutoff. Happed to me and it eventually went away. It was like the car had to relearn things.

How long has it been an issue for you?

Old 12-15-2016, 05:54 AM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi Erik, this happens when you go Stage 2. The tach revs so fast sometimes the computer can't shift quick enough before it hits fuel cutoff. Happed to me and it eventually went away. It was like the car had to relearn things.

How long has it been an issue for you?
This started happening when I introduced meth to the car. How long did it take for it to eventually go away for you?

Old 12-15-2016, 04:32 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by erikchich
This started happening when I introduced meth to the car. How long did it take for it to eventually go away for you?
IIRC it happened to me for period of about a month. Usually only on the 1-2 shift but once or twice on the 2-3 shift.

It has nothing to do with the PDK. It's that the tune doesn't increase the rpm for fuel cutoff. The car will automatically shift at say 7,000 rpm with fuel cut set from the factory at around 7,200. Because your car is making so much power sometimes it can't shift fast enough at 7,000 rpm so it hits fuel cut off and well you know the result.

The car will actually learn how to shift faster so it won't happen any further. It happens to people on the 991's as well.

Just punch the car in 1st gear a bunch of times when it's dry out and eventually the issue will go away.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:20 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
man that just seems like the wrong answer - It might fix it, but the right answer would be for the tuner to address the issue somehow, either by LOWERING The targeted shift point or upping the redline for fuel cut to prevent this.

Originally Posted by longboarder
IIRC it happened to me for period of about a month. Usually only on the 1-2 shift but once or twice on the 2-3 shift.

It has nothing to do with the PDK. It's that the tune doesn't increase the rpm for fuel cutoff. The car will automatically shift at say 7,000 rpm with fuel cut set from the factory at around 7,200. Because your car is making so much power sometimes it can't shift fast enough at 7,000 rpm so it hits fuel cut off and well you know the result.

The car will actually learn how to shift faster so it won't happen any further. It happens to people on the 991's as well.

Just punch the car in 1st gear a bunch of times when it's dry out and eventually the issue will go away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.