997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Electronics in the Passsenger Side Door Not Working..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Grey Goose is on a distinguished road
All Lights in the Passsenger Side Door Not Working..

I have a strange issue that I've just noticed. None of the lights on the passenger side door are working. My courtesy light, door sill light and window switch illumination are not working on my passenger side door.

The window works as normal and the footwell light works...but not the courtesy light, door sill light and window switch light.
I checked all the fuses in the footwell panel of the driver's side and they all look good. I'm completely baffled...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Grey Goose; 03-07-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Add details.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Edgemonty007 has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemonty007 has a spectacular aura about
Hi Grey. Any water issues? Sounds like a ground/short issue. If the fuses check out OK it could be corrosion at the ground or maybe a relay. I had an old Honda that had this issue. Window was mistakenly left open during a rain storm and developed similar symptoms. In that case it turned out to be a ground for the wiring harness going into the door. I filed down the rust and it fixed the problem.

Good luck in your search.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Edgemonty007
Hi Grey. Any water issues? Sounds like a ground/short issue. If the fuses check out OK it could be corrosion at the ground or maybe a relay. I had an old Honda that had this issue. Window was mistakenly left open during a rain storm and developed similar symptoms. In that case it turned out to be a ground for the wiring harness going into the door. I filed down the rust and it fixed the problem.

Good luck in your search.
Appreciate the response...sounds like I may have to remove the inside door panel to check the grounding points. No water issues from what I can tell though. Don't even know where the relay is for the passenger side electronics.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Opened up the door panel and everything looked good. No moisture or corrosion. Anybody else have ideas?

Old 03-08-2017, 12:35 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Does the window dip when you grab the door handle? I believe there are two micro switches. One controls the window dip and the other shows the door as open.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by function12
Does the window dip when you grab the door handle? I believe there are two micro switches. One controls the window dip and the other shows the door as open.
The window does dip so the micro switch works. I didn't know there are two of them..where are they located? Maybe one works but the other doesn't?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.