997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Hoosier A7's. Who's using them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:21 AM
gogoevo is on a distinguished road
Hoosier A7's. Who's using them?

Hello all,

In anticipation of the coming season I have begun my search for some new tires. I will primarily be doing AutoX this year and I already have a second set of wheels. The wheels (center lock) are GMG 19x9 and 19x12.

The tires am looking at are Hoosier A7's 235/35/19 & 315/30/19. According Tire Rack spec sheet, I should be within the allowed OD difference.

Full spec sheet link:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec....R9A7&tab=Sizes

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
We use them on our car, but in 18" sizes. The A7's will wear pretty fast, you may only get 50-70 runs out of them. Depending on your level of competition, you may want to consider using the bridgestone RE71R, in the same sizes. We have a set of those for track use, and they are great at autocross, with about double the life, at a small sacrifice in grip.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:19 PM
gogoevo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Webspoke
We use them on our car, but in 18" sizes. The A7's will wear pretty fast, you may only get 50-70 runs out of them. Depending on your level of competition, you may want to consider using the bridgestone RE71R, in the same sizes. We have a set of those for track use, and they are great at autocross, with about double the life, at a small sacrifice in grip.

Thanks, Webspoke! I have been using R888, RE-11's and MPSS for some time and want to try something different. I may try the RE71R's on the road course later this year.

Thanks for the comment!

Old 03-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
The RE71R is a noticeable jump above those tires (except maybe the R888). The new owner of our track prepped cayman switched from PSS to RE71R and picked up almost 4sec at his local track. At least half of that was tire related.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.