997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EVOms Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 11:11 AM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
EVOms Tune

As most of you know, I just acquired a 997TT from a 6speed member who advertised the car having a EVOms tune. I've reached out to EVOms to confirm the tune and the details around it, but haven't received a response yet.

When I was driving the car yesterday and went WOT in sport mode and noticed the following:

1. There was a slight hesitation while mid-pull. I don't know how to explain it, but it felt like there was a slight pause and then continued to pull.

2. I only saw 1.0 BAR of boost. My understanding is that in sport mode, it peaks at 1.2 BAR and then tapers off to 1.0. My understanding is that with the tune, it is typically configured to hold 1.2 BAR through the RPM range.

Are my "understandings" true or have I been misinformed. Also, since this is my first Turbo, what is that "hesitation" I'm experiencing? Plugs? Tune? etc.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:30 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a data logger or some way to flash back to stock? Hard to know if its the tune without comparing how the car runs stock...

Unfortunately without logging it might be hard to pinpoint.. although plugs and coils could cause what you describe.

Maybe EVoms can tell you what boost levels to expect.. do you know if its an OTS tune or a custom tune?

Old 04-06-2017, 01:41 PM
HardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to allHardHitter is a name known to all
Originally Posted by saabin
Do you have a data logger or some way to flash back to stock? Hard to know if its the tune without comparing how the car runs stock...

Unfortunately without logging it might be hard to pinpoint.. although plugs and coils could cause what you describe.

Maybe EVoms can tell you what boost levels to expect.. do you know if its an OTS tune or a custom tune?
Plugs/coils were done at the 60K service mark about 1-2K miles ago which is why I'm not thinking it'd be misfire

Waiting to hear back from EVOms on what the details are on the tune. I'm guessing it is OTS tune.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Who did you email to inquire about it? I've been out a couple of days this week, but have not seen anything come in. Email me your VIN at sstone@evoms.com and I can look it up.

Our typical Stage 1/2/3 range of tunes run around 1.4bar in the midrange, tapering to 1.2bar up top with Sport mode on. The stock boost gauge should be maxed out and useless for reading this, so the car would need to be datalogged to see exactly what is going on. It sounds like there may be a boost leak or possibly a air/fuel metering issue like bad MAFs that is causing the midrange hesitation and low boost.

Let me know how I can help.

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-06-2017, 03:59 PM
Hi Sam

Just sent you an email with the VIN!

Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HardHitter
Hi Sam

Just sent you an email with the VIN!
On it!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.