997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I want to do some track days in my Turb....but the PCCB's have me sweating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Skwerl is infamous around these partsSkwerl is infamous around these parts
What's the sensation like when PASM kicks in while accelerating in a straight line? Does any kind of light flash, or otherwise, how do you know?

Old 04-09-2017, 10:38 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
If you're getting into ABS on the hot corners and rotating the car to the point PSM kicks in, your brakes will get hot.

The single best thing you can do to preserve rotors and pads is to not drive at 10/10's and try to set a record every single lap. Button off and brake a little earlier, and don't play Initial D out of the corners.

You'd do well to put it in Sport and turn off PSM. Just keep an eye on tyre pressures as they relate to heat, and keep them below 36PSI hot so you don't slide around too much. And make sure to do at least 1-2 cool down laps, engine braking as much as possible to avoid the brake pedal, but keeping speed up to at least 100kph/60mph to get the air flowing over the brakes.

Have fun and be safe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.