997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 bolt-ons with pump 91+meth 10.20@138.9 (Fontana)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:58 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LostMarine
i think people are forgetting how racing works. consistancy is key. I dont have a dog in this fight, but Adam has every advantage.

BUT
compare your 60's off and on track, slip or vbox. its that easy. has a 991 done better than the 1.5x adam posted?

if you go merely by video, then its 99% driver as that pertains to reaction time, which again, adam is racing heads up and like to race that way, however, the person in the other lane may not be.

3rd, a 5.3 60-130 is COMPLETELY believable from a pdk car awd car that "only" traps 137-139

Having fast car and driving it fast are not the same. Having the fastest car does not make one the most knowledgeable about racing.
Not sure who you're talking to or about, but I've been arguing that Adam's car can't be that fast with only the mods he has done to them. I've cut .050-.100 lights and 1.54 60' times and only run a best of 10.69 @ 128mph trap speed. My best 1/2 mile is 153mph.

Looooooong way from as fast as his car. My best 1/8th mile is a 6.71 at 105mph so through the 1/8th we're running side by side. Through the 1/4 he's losing me and by the 1/2 mile I'm so far behind him it's silly. I've been drag racing for awhile and I'm pretty good at it... this boils down to HORSEPOWER!!! He's got it and I don't.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
We gave out many examples of cars like Adam's with similar mods and similar performance!!!

Old 04-26-2017, 02:23 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 3llooi
We gave out many examples of cars like Adam's with similar mods and similar performance!!!
Funny, mine is a slug then. Race on folks!

Old 04-26-2017, 02:39 PM
iLoX is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Not sure who you're talking to or about, but I've been arguing that Adam's car can't be that fast with only the mods he has done to them. I've cut .050-.100 lights and 1.54 60' times and only run a best of 10.69 @ 128mph trap speed. My best 1/2 mile is 153mph.

Looooooong way from as fast as his car. My best 1/8th mile is a 6.71 at 105mph so through the 1/8th we're running side by side. Through the 1/4 he's losing me and by the 1/2 mile I'm so far behind him it's silly. I've been drag racing for awhile and I'm pretty good at it... this boils down to HORSEPOWER!!! He's got it and I don't.

My 997.2 has similar mods to Adams although i have standard coolers still unfortunatly and i'm running similar times, Adam 100% launches better than me, i do suffer with traction off the line, somethng maybe my new Pilot Sport 4S may help with..
Ali's is on another level, far quicker again...
What i'm saying is that if you also have similar mods then your tune has room for improvement...

Old 04-26-2017, 03:47 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Funny, mine is a slug then. Race on folks!
Nah man.. just get a custom tune! It will be a different car

Old 04-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by iLoX
My 997.2 has similar mods to Adams although i have standard coolers still unfortunatly and i'm running similar times, Adam 100% launches better than me, i do suffer with traction off the line, somethng maybe my new Pilot Sport 4S may help with..
Ali's is on another level, far quicker again...
What i'm saying is that if you also have similar mods then your tune has room for improvement...

Hey Ade! Where have u been buddy!

Intercoolers can improve flow by minimum 15%.. so that adds up

Old 04-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
i think people are forgetting how racing works. consistancy is key. I dont have a dog in this fight, but Adam has every advantage.

BUT
compare your 60's off and on track, slip or vbox. its that easy. has a 991 done better than the 1.5x adam posted?

if you go merely by video, then its 99% driver as that pertains to reaction time, which again, adam is racing heads up and like to race that way, however, the person in the other lane may not be.

3rd, a 5.3 60-130 is COMPLETELY believable from a pdk car awd car that "only" traps 137-139

Having fast car and driving it fast are not the same. Having the fastest car does not make one the most knowledgeable about racing.
I never said I was The most knowledgeable I can only go by what I know my car has a PDK and all wheel drive and does a 5.3 seconds 60 to 130 and traps almost 147 miles an hour. Adams car does 6.1 seconds 60 to 130 miles an hour and traps 138 to 139
The numbers don't add up.

Yes There are many 991"s that run a 1.5 X in the 60 foot and some of them run a 1.4x my car included

Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !

there is something up with your car then, the 1/4 mile and 1/2 performance are not adding up. I think your running too hot, given that your only gaining 25mph from 1/4 mi to the 1/2 mile.

but i agree, its about HP, and yours is lacking for some reason. the launch is gonna be the same on all these cars without major mods and upping the launch.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell
I never said I was The most knowledgeable I can only go by what I know my car has a PDK and all wheel drive and does a 5.3 seconds 60 to 130 and traps almost 147 miles an hour. Adams car does 6.1 seconds 60 to 130 miles an hour and traps 138 to 139

Yes There are many 991"s that run a 1.5 X in the 60 foot and some of them run a 1.4x my car included
But you also discounted when I said your car wasnt trapping 175 in the 1/2 mile (vbox proved me right) last year given your hp and your 1/4 mile performance.

No doubt your car is fast, but myself and lot of other people around here can tell you, achieving the best in any performance metric (1/4, 1/2, 60-130) comes down to controlling A LOT of minute variables, and a bit of luck. Just because you havent gone faster, doesnt mean it cant, just because someone does more with less, doesnt mean its not real

Old 04-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
But you also discounted when I said your car wasnt trapping 175 in the 1/2 mile (vbox proved me right) last year given your hp and your 1/4 mile performance.

No doubt your car is fast, but myself and lot of other people around here can tell you, achieving the best in any performance metric (1/4, 1/2, 60-130) comes down to controlling A LOT of minute variables, and a bit of luck. Just because you havent gone faster, doesnt mean it cant, just because someone does more with less, doesnt mean its not real
I agree that some can do more with less but that delta is to big. Just like your comment above where you say things don't add up. Also I do not remember you talking with me about my car doesn't do 175 in the half. I did 175 at Mohjave thru the timers at a Da of 4,000. It's on record

Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Markblackwell

Hi Mark,

I'm actually doing 60-130 in 6-flat at airstrip events. Many 6.0's not just one. And uphill too at NoFlyZone.

As you know, doing a dedicated 60-130 run at night in cool conditions with race gas/race map could yield me better numbers. But I've never done a dedicated 60-130 run in my 997.2 with my current set up. No doubt I'd be in the 5's somewhere. Not sure where.

Ali's best 100-200 was 4.6 and I did a 4.9 on pump 91 on a -2.7 slope. His car has more power than mine as he's catless with headers and I have stock headers with cats so makes sense to me that he could achieve these results

I'm sure when you get your car dialed you will be doing some crazy numbers probably in the 4's on the 60-130 and hope to see a 180 in the half.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi Mark,

I'm actually doing 60-130 in 6-flat at airstrip events. Many 6.0's not just one. And uphill too at NoFlyZone.

As you know, doing a dedicated 60-130 run at night in cool conditions with race gas/race map could yield me better numbers. But I've never done a dedicated 60-130 run in my 997.2 with my current set up. No doubt I'd be in the 5's somewhere. Not sure where.

Ali's best 100-200 was 4.6 and I did a 4.9 on pump 91 on a -2.7 slope. His car has more power than mine as he's catless with headers and I have stock headers with cats so makes sense to me that he could achieve these results

I'm sure when you get your car dialed you will be doing some crazy numbers probably in the 4's on the 60-130 and hope to see a 180 in the half.
Adam your right a dedicated 60-130 would yield better numbers than what we would get starting from a dead stop, especially in ideal conditions. They are all fast cars and were all on the same side in here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.