997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Alpha or GTX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:27 AM
yatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Alpha or GTX?

If you folks were shopping for a turbo and it boiled down to a decision between these two what would it be and why?

1. Alpha A3071 (Xona Rotor 61-56)
2. GTX3071r (Gen 2 - these now come with garret v-band outlet 0.61 a/r housing)

I apprecite one is a bolt on and the other would need to be externally wastegated using different exhaust headders and a custom fitment solution.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
If I was doing it again I would go with the GTX.

I have your first option and so did a friend and we both found it very difficult to regulate boost with the internal wastegates. I even switched boost controllers and went with hard boost lines with no difference.

I ended up sealing the gates and going with externals and now the boost regulates perfectly.

The second option will need more work but if you decide to go bigger in future, the swap will be easier.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:38 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah externals ftw .... Alphas are easier to adapt to the oem airbox though, and you can swap the Alpha housing for a Tial vband one it fits perfect, I believe you can order it that way but it has a bit of a wait time ....

GTX is available ots, but with a 4inch intake you will need fenderwells or filters directly on the turbo ....

Interested to know if anyone has experience with xona vs gtx gen2 ... Any spool/ power difference ... Im thinking Alpha3076 (65-56) vs gtx 3076gen2 ....

Old 04-26-2017, 02:14 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
A3071 are not 61-56 but 54-56 and 3076 are not 65-56 but 61-56.
65-56 are more 3079.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.