997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wheels are next! whatta you runnin & why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS
Great looking wheels!! Must be super light weight too. On a strict DIET!
Oh yes, the HRE P101's are in the very low 20 pound range per wheel depending on final sizing and vehicle. The R101 LW's are even more lightweight than that and have the same styling as the P101's.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:06 PM
stonesonsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DOOBEE
Those are going to be great. I had them on my e92 and they were perfect. I like forged 1 piece wheels too and the TE37 in mag blue was my first choice (sorry for the low quality mock up) but at the time I couldn't get what I wanted so I went with RZ-DFs instead.

Attachment 476853

Attachment 476854

Attachment 476855
Luv the te37 but Whoa! What happened to the blue tt? Did you go off track or something? Right rear looks knock out of alignment...

Old 05-22-2017, 02:37 PM
superslow is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stonesonsilver
Luv the te37 but Whoa! What happened to the blue tt? Did you go off track or something? Right rear looks knock out of alignment...
photoshop

Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Golden Copper color for Black 997 wideboy

Originally Posted by Rebel Lee
I've seen the 997 wheel pic threads. Seems everyone with a black car has black wheels or aluminum look. Any pics out there of something in between? Mine are chrome and I'm just not diggin it. I saw some satin charcoal H&R's that looked pretty sick. But I can't find a pic of them on a black Porsche.

same old pic sry. Everytime I drive it I forget to take pictures😎
Golden Copper is the new finish option from Signature Wheel

Golden Copper on Porsche 997TT

19" Signature SV108

Another SV104 20" completed for 997TT as well

Old 09-21-2017, 06:38 AM
JF22 is a jewel in the roughJF22 is a jewel in the roughJF22 is a jewel in the rough
HRE brushed gold

Old 09-21-2017, 10:13 AM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Champion RS-98

Why? Well,.. they're about the lightest out there (save for the HRE Fi mono-blocks) at 20 lbs even for the 19x11 rears and about 18.5 lbs for the 19x8.5 fronts.

They're forged.

I managed to find a MINT used set in the 6-Speed classifieds for $2,500 shipped (with tires that I threw out).

Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a set of our R101 Lightweight wheels for those looking for the highest level of performance.

19x9 - 16.20lbs
19x12 - 20.00lbs

Old 09-21-2017, 12:43 PM
BillH2121 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Duckstu
Champion RS-98

Why? Well,.. they're about the lightest out there (save for the HRE Fi mono-blocks) at 20 lbs even for the 19x11 rears and about 18.5 lbs for the 19x8.5 fronts.

They're forged.

I managed to find a MINT used set in the 6-Speed classifieds for $2,500 shipped (with tires that I threw out).

I looked and looked for used RS 98s and couldn't find any. Finally called Champion to buy new and was told it could 6-8 months before RS 98s were available. I ended up buying RG 5s and like them a lot. As stated, the forged monoblock Champion wheels are very light. If RS 98s are available, I would definitely go that route!

Old 09-21-2017, 12:50 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BillH2121
I looked and looked for used RS 98s and couldn't find any. Finally called Champion to buy new and was told it could 6-8 months before RS 98s were available. I ended up buying RG 5s and like them a lot. As stated, the forged monoblock Champion wheels are very light. If RS 98s are available, I would definitely go that route!

I kind of preferred the RG5. But when I found the deal on these,.. I couldn't pass them up. I now go back and fourth on which I like better.

I think the RS98 has less mass in the middle,.. which show off our cool brakes better. (I also installed some 2-piece rotors that shaved 14 lbs total.) A lot of the HRE's do that. Even better for that is center-locks.

(Pictured are the tires I threw away)

But by themselves,.. I like style of the RG5 better.

Perhaps we should trade one day when we get the itch for something different? I run RE71R for tires.

Last edited by Duckstu; 09-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:40 PM
BillH2121 is on a distinguished road
I like the clean look of the 98s. I guarantee the RG5s are harder to clean! Brake dust is the bane of my existence!

Old 09-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by BillH2121
I like the clean look of the 98s. I guarantee the RG5s are harder to clean! Brake dust is the bane of my existence!

I hear ya.

The gaps in the spokes being more even in size to each-other makes it easier to clean in between them with the same large brush.

20" wheels would make cleaning in-between the rim and the calipers easier too. But I lean towards performance over looks.

I switched to Hawk HPS pads when I did the rotors.

The HPS's have a little better initial bite,.. better ultimate braking performance,.. and seem to dust a good bit less. (And the dust is brown instead of black). Not the ultimate pads I'm sure,.. but they take noticeable steps forward in those 3 important categories. (And they have never squealed).

Old 09-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
How much do those SV104's weight in 19"x9 and 19"x12?

Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
Golden Copper is the new finish option from Signature Wheel

Golden Copper on Porsche 997TT

19" Signature SV108

Another SV104 20" completed for 997TT as well

Old 09-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Signature 19" SV104 weight

Here is the actual picture of a set 19" SV104 built for GT4
19x9 and 19x11
you can add half pond for 19x12

Old 09-22-2017, 05:23 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Here's a set of our R101 Lightweight wheels for those looking for the highest level of performance.

19x9 - 16.20lbs
19x12 - 20.00lbs

I really like the looks of this white setup. I think I will PlastiDip mine WHiTE...

Old 09-23-2017, 07:39 PM
Lazu is on a distinguished road
Really tired of seeing all these wheels that anyone can buy online and they all look the same. If I'm going to spend 4K-6k for a set of wheels I want something no one has. So these will be going on my 997.1tt next yr. my guy is going to start making them after sema. Going with 20x9 f and 20x12 r. Oh buy the way these are one off 3 piece forged. Any one else that want a set will have to wait till after I have mine.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Lazu; 09-23-2017 at 07:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.