997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2011 997.2 CTT Code Help: P1372 & P1508

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM
shayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud of
2011 997.2 CTT Code Help: P1372 & P1508

First of all thanks for any help that I receive from this forum. You guys truly are amazing.

Last night I was on a spirited drive when the car threw a reduced power red warning light. It happened under full power. I was able to turn the car off and restart it ok to drive it home.

I just got back from my local shop. They pulled the two codes:

P1372 Valve Lift control, above limit value
P1508 Function monitoring of torque comparison

I did notice the other night when I was driving in normal sport-mode the car hesitated or sputtered under heavy throttle twice.

Modifications to my car:

Cobb stage 3 tune
Full exhaust with high flow cats
AMS intercoolers
IPD plenum

The car has had a history of oil in the passenger side intercooler. This issue has yet to be fixed.

To add, I recently had the battery replaced. I am due for spark plugs as the last ones were put in about 17k miles ago.

Thanks!

Last edited by shayne54; 05-10-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:52 AM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shayne54
\
The car has had a history of oil in the passenger side intercooler. This issue has yet to be fixed.
I have this same issue with my 997.2 TT. I've been told everything from I have a bad turbo to I have the oil level in the car too high. It's still a mystery to me as well. My car has 18k miles.

I also have AMS intercoolers and have had the lower intercooler boost hoses popping off under load. Happened about 5 times until I finally took the car to a shop and had a metal spacer machined to take the place of the crappy plastic spacer AMS provides.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:49 AM
shayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud ofshayne54 has much to be proud of
I have been told similar things about the oil. My passenger side turbo was rebuilt 2 years ago, but I still get oil in the intercooler.

Fortunately, I haven't had an issue with the intercooler hoses.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:28 PM
mobilegun is an unknown quantity at this point
did anything come of this? im seeing a p1373 (no other codes), intermittently, and have unrelated boost loss (intermittent as well), so I'm curious what your resolution was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.