997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 Turbo values?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
As someone who recently put up my 997.1TT for sale asking $80k with 3 years warranty, 12k miles, black on black. Key word "do not call to negotiate", I received way too many calls inquiring about my car. The market is just crazy for 997.1TT manual. My business is booming and I don't have time to reply to all inquiries and PPI and shipping, I decided to take the ad down and keep the car for now. I have two local buyers want to pay cash for it but I respectfully decline until I find a proper replacement weekend warrior cruiser car. As of now, I have driven Audi R8 V10 plus, Huracan, California, 991TTS, they either too expensive for maintenance or doesn't give me the visceral feeling like 997.1TT. Hope that help.
Your car at least worth $75k, I wouldn't go one penny lower than that. I don't want to discuss pricing on public forum because you have all kind of speculations. The real buyer never talk about pricing, they call with cash in hand. The rest are just tire kickers with silly comment on my for sale thread.

Old 06-03-2017, 12:44 PM
HellaHashTags has a spectacular aura aboutHellaHashTags has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Even outside of technical limitations, I feel the Turbos now are pretty clearly delineated as the grand tourer of the lineup, for which the PDK is perfectly suited. Take rates on a 992 Turbo 7mt would probably be low single digits.
I have a differing view about PDK vs. Manual.

I think Porsche GT3/RS cars, with their narrow power bands (6250RPM-8250RPM on the 991 GT3RS, for example,) are better matched with a quick-shifting, shorter-geared PDK transmission to keep the engine in the power band. The pairing of the high-revving screaming GT engines with the lightning-quick PDK is a unique, visceral and theatrical experience.

I think the Turbo and the 6-speed manual are the perfect match for an every day sports car. Its power band is so broad (2100RPM-6000RPM) that I can drive as lazily or as excitedly as I wish, there's torque available everywhere. I rarely need to downshift anywhere to pass - the passing power is awesome, even in 6th gear at freeway speed. The Turbo doesn't need to sacrifice driver engagement for the quick-shifting and short-geared PDK because the engine has such a wide and torquey power band.

Last edited by HellaHashTags; 06-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:18 PM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
^ that's a valid point.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:40 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
+1 on the power band.......it's really enjoyable just hitting the gas in any gear and passing without any drama..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.