997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My Radio has 0 Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
My Radio has 0 Power

I have a Pioneer head unit in my 997...and it seems power to it is GONE. Before i drive an hour to my stereo guy....any suggestions i can try?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:22 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Check your fuses first.

Is everything else in your car (electrically) working okay?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Rez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond reputeRez90 has a reputation beyond repute
Everything else is working fine. I checked the row of fuses i THINK houses the radio...but the instructions were vague.

Do you know which fuse is linked to the PCM/Radio?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Fuse holder D (4th row), fuse 9 (10A) and 10 (25A). Check those in the driver's side footwell. Pull them out and and visually inspect the fuse.

If you don't want to remove the PCM to check the wiring there I don't know what else you can check.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Fuse holder D (4th row), fuse 9 (10A) and 10 (25A). Check those in the driver's side footwell. Pull them out and and visually inspect the fuse.

If you don't want to remove the PCM to check the wiring there I don't know what else you can check.
i did check them but now that i know specifically which fuses in the row i'll do it again tonight to take a better look. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I would bet the installer put an inline fuse behind the radio too.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Milzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by function12
I would bet the installer put an inline fuse behind the radio too.
Even if the installer didnt, a lot of aftermarket radios have a fuse built right into the back of the unit.

After checking the fuse in the footwell, First thing I would do is pop the radio out, then make sure you have voltage at the harness. Should be a red wire and a yellow wire on the pioneer harness, both need to measure at least 12V with the key switched to the on position. Put the ground lead of the meter to something that is bare metal in the car (door latch for example). If you have power, then switch the meters ground lead to the pioneer harness black wire for the ground and if you still have 12V min on the red and yellow, you know you have good ground. If you dont have 12V anymore, you have a ground problem. If all checks out at the harness, something is wrong with the head unit itself.

If you dont have voltage there, you need to start tracing it back to find where the break is, be it a blown fuse, loose connection, bad ground, broken wire, etc. Start at the head unit and work backwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.