997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need some Cobb help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 09:39 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Just a note to say that I tried the OTS stage 3 ID1000 file from Cobb and wow, my idle issues are pretty well gone. No random stalls so far and the idle is smooth and stable. Part throttle response is more OEM-like also. I had always "blamed" either the O2 sensors or MAFs for these issues but even after I replaced them the issue still existed. I also wondered if it might be my Bosch PDOR5 spark plugs but now I can say it wasn't that either.

In the spring I will start from scratch with Sam with a custom tune. As they say in Game of Thrones, "Winter is coming".

Old 11-03-2017, 12:50 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
If PTF is out of the game...they should at least be willing to unlock the file so you can move to another tuner.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
I reached out to Mitch at Cobb and he offered to help me out with decrypting the file. I decided instead to contact Sam about remote tuning and probably starting from scratch.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I’m glad you’re headed in the right direction bud. Starting fresh is better at this point.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:18 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turboslut
If PTF is out of the game...they should at least be willing to unlock the file so you can move to another tuner.
I agree. However, I will start from scratch and I guess I can always compare the performance results and then decide if it's better to mod the previous file vs just keeping the new file...

Old 11-03-2017, 04:31 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Bogg, you will be happy with your new tune. I wouldn't worry too much about starting over. The people you have helping now are dialed in, I can attest to it. You can read thru my build if you'd like. You are in good hands for your setup. Enjoy : )

Old 11-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Thanks. I'm excited again to retune the car and get things tweaked. Do you have a link to your build? I'm definitely interested in reading it...

Old 11-04-2017, 11:28 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Old 11-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Awesome thread, thanks for the link. I will post directly in that thread later. My wife was wondering why I sat mesmorized in front of the computer for so long. Probably thought I was looking at ****.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.