997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Turn Signal DRL LED Queston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 10:28 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Front Turn Signal DRL LED Queston

So I just installed a nice set of LED front DRL/Turn signals. They work great, but are currently connected to a switched lead from the fuse box - so the DRL stay on even if the headlights are on. I would like them to turn off with the headlights.

I need some sort of a relay / solenoid / switch that accepts two 12v+ with one 12v+ out. When the 2nd 12v+ activates the switch should close, turning off the DRL. I was going to tap my side marker lights for the 2nd 12v+

I have had zero luck at the local auto parts store, and don't know what term to google to buy one on line.

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2017, 07:15 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Any common relay can be used that way.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/Hot-R...ay-Diagram.jpg

You can use 87 to activate with power from headlight

Or

Use 87a to deactivate with power from headlight

Old 07-02-2017, 08:22 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Old 07-06-2017, 03:29 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Subscribed since I'm considering this with my journey back to stock bumper. Please post pics with lights on and info and pricing on the parts . Thanks, Tom

Old 07-07-2017, 07:15 AM
I went to a local car audio shop, and they got me a relay. I have not installed it yet, as I have to take the front bumper off again.....ugh.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.