997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Opinions on cars value... Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
last year these cars seemed to be ascending in value, this year... yeeeeeah not so much![/QUOTE]

I did not find that to be the case with my 2011 TTS coupe in bone stock form with 5 lug wheels(my preference) and factory aero package a 185k car with lots of nice features inside also in platinum silver. Car had 31k miles and 3 months left CPO. Granted the tires were old. But I swapped out some other wheels with new rubber for the stockers that came with the car.

Was offered from 75-85k and Porsche of San Antonio would'nt even make me and offer bc they said they didn't need the car with all the new stuff coming in...

Found a potential replacement car a 997.2 CS at RAC Performance in Dallas and they bid me 91k on mine and a good price for theirs. A friends 997.1 TT came up due to a divorce and I switched gears and they still wanted my car but for 90k so I ran with it. That's after having listed it myself on AT for a couple of months at 99k.

RAC even worked an in/out for me so the tax savings on the replacement car had me fetching $95,500. I actually have felt prices on 997.2 TTS's having gone up a tad this year from last.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
can i just have it ? can't believe you're bailing on me already !! if oyu get that mclaren i want a ride. good luck buddy .
Hey Buddy, how are ya? Car still running well? I'm honestly just bored with this car.., It has tons of potential and I believe someone more patient than me can extract every ounce of power yet keep it rock solid reliable like it is right now!

It runs so well, I hate to break up the car and put it back to stock.., I'm thinking im gonna list it in the classifieds here for $99,500 to see if I get any serious looks? I've got both sets of wheels, factory exhaust... I can de-tune the car if I have to... we'll see?

I'll either keep it and wait another year to try again, or sell it to the right buyer! I hope to sell it to someone as interested in seeing its full potential as I was in the beginning.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:09 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
last year these cars seemed to be ascending in value, this year... yeeeeeah not so much!

I did not find that to be the case with my 2011 TTS coupe in bone stock form with 5 lug wheels(my preference) and factory aero package a 185k car with lots of nice features inside also in platinum silver. Car had 31k miles and 3 months left CPO. Granted the tires were old. But I swapped out some other wheels with new rubber for the stockers that came with the car.

Was offered from 75-85k and Porsche of San Antonio would'nt even make me and offer bc they said they didn't need the car with all the new stuff coming in...

Found a potential replacement car a 997.2 CS at RAC Performance in Dallas and they bid me 91k on mine and a good price for theirs. A friends 997.1 TT came up due to a divorce and I switched gears and they still wanted my car but for 90k so I ran with it. That's after having listed it myself on AT for a couple of months at 99k.

RAC even worked an in/out for me so the tax savings on the replacement car had me fetching $95,500. I actually have felt prices on 997.2 TTS's having gone up a tad this year from last.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting... RAC was one of my quotes... not as much as I had hoped, but better than the others. Still potentially could find a home there in their showroom.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:30 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Hey Buddy, how are ya? Car still running well? I'm honestly just bored with this car.., It has tons of potential and I believe someone more patient than me can extract every ounce of power yet keep it rock solid reliable like it is right now!

It runs so well, I hate to break up the car and put it back to stock.., I'm thinking im gonna list it in the classifieds here for $99,500 to see if I get any serious looks? I've got both sets of wheels, factory exhaust... I can de-tune the car if I have to... we'll see?

I'll either keep it and wait another year to try again, or sell it to the right buyer! I hope to sell it to someone as interested in seeing its full potential as I was in the beginning.
yeah i'm loving mine but getting ready to go newer for sure. whatever happens, hope you end up happy.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
yeah i'm loving mine but getting ready to go newer for sure. whatever happens, hope you end up happy.
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. What're you thinking you might head towards? A 991? I considered getting a 991 TTS mainly because my wife loooooves our Porsche, but after we test drove the 650S she had a sudden change of heart. 😬 War department approves, therefore I get to expand my car junkie sickness to another model.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
What is your sales tax in your state?

In Canada (Ontario) it is 13% sales tax and if I was offered $86 000, that would be equal to getting $97180 privately. Even if your sales tax is only 6% you would be netting $91160 with the tax savings as a trade in. The extra dollars of $8340 "lost" can be mitigated with you selling your wheels, Cobbs & exhaust for at least $6000-7000 and you would only be out $1340-2340.

Even at $3-5000 is it worth the headache of selling it yourself on a 90-100k item?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-13-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
What is your sales tax in your state?

In Canada (Ontario) it is 13% sales tax and if I was offered $86 000, that would be equal to getting $97180 privately. Even if your sales tax is only 6% you would be netting $91160 with the tax savings as a trade in. The extra dollars of $8340 "lost" can be mitigated with you selling your wheels, Cobbs & exhaust for at least $6000-7000 and you would only be out $1340-2340.

Even at $3-5000 is it worth the headache of selling it yourself on a 90-100k item?
The dealer that offered the most doesn't have a car to trade me... it was just a cash offer. The McLaren dealership only offered me $70k. 😖 Btw... 6.25% here in Texas sales tax. I appreciate your input.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:10 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about

RAC even worked an in/out for me so the tax savings on the replacement car had me fetching $95,500. I actually have felt prices on 997.2 TTS's having gone up a tad this year from last.
Very interesting... RAC was one of my quotes... not as much as I had hoped, but better than the others. Still potentially could find a home there in their showroom.[/QUOTE]

Ask for Tristan. He was great to work with and very straight forward. Had a car hauler come pick up my TTS as part of the deal.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Funniest thing of all was I did have an interested buyer from CA and we spoke a few times and then he went silent until the day I cut my deal with Tristan at RAC. He picked my car up a day later and then my phone began to ring like crazy for the car. I just pointed them to RAC.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
Very interesting... RAC was one of my quotes... not as much as I had hoped, but better than the others. Still potentially could find a home there in their showroom.
Ask for Tristan. He was great to work with and very straight forward. Had a car hauler come pick up my TTS as part of the deal.[/QUOTE]

That's who I spoke to. I tried to buy a car from them last year... they're not willing to budge on their cars price nor offer you a dime more than his "firm" offer on mine. It's business, buy low, sell high. But not this car, I'm not willing to give it away just yet.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:58 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Offers are too low, I wouldn't even consider them. The private party market is $95-115K.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. What're you thinking you might head towards? A 991? I considered getting a 991 TTS mainly because my wife loooooves our Porsche, but after we test drove the 650S she had a sudden change of heart. 😬 War department approves, therefore I get to expand my car junkie sickness to another model.
prolly just a TurboS , something with PDK and a bit newer inside. mine makes weird little squeaks and rattles that kind of bug. you are pumped on your war department .. mine does not agree , but i specialize in asking for forgiveness .

Old 07-12-2017, 10:35 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Good luck with the sale and with the Mac. The 650 is an amazing machine for sure.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:21 AM
bondjockey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4ocious
Offers are too low, I wouldn't even consider them. The private party market is $95-115K.
Well that was a quick ownership experience.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Good luck with the sale and with the Mac. The 650 is an amazing machine for sure.
Thank you sir!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.