997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Opinions on cars value... Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:45 PM
tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !tommyboy214 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Final update... we decided on the 650S! Pick it up prolly Saturday. I appreciate all the opinions and advice on here, I'll be around keeping up with some of the folks I've come to know on this forum. Pics if anyone is interested...

Beautiful Car. I have seen this car and its really sharp. I hope Chris took care of you.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:29 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tommyboy214
Beautiful Car. I have seen this car and its really sharp. I hope Chris took care of you.
Thank you, yes he did. Great group of guys over there.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:29 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
you are such a dbag !!! and i am so jealous, congrats man . please update with how it feels, and what it does right ! that color is awesome.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:05 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
you are such a dbag !!! and i am so jealous, congrats man . please update with how it feels, and what it does right ! that color is awesome.
Haha!! Thanks Buddy... I'll report back with updates on the car after I pick it up Saturday.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Quick update on comparison between the TTS and McLaren. Picked up car yesterday afternoon. Just drove it straight home (it rained on me ) Today we went to a car show, drove about 50-60 miles today. Impressions... fast fast fast car. It drives like a go cart, quick responsive steering, predictable, and stable.

Torque curve is sooooooo different than the Porsche. Porsche will snap your neck right off idle, this car is so linear in its power delivery and just won't stop pulling. I wouldn't say either car is better than the other, just different. Both do what they're designed for very well, I just think the McLaren is way more purpose built than the Porsche. I'll always love my first Porsche, and more than likely will be a return buyer, just for now I'm gonna enjoy the Mac.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:39 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Quick update on comparison between the TTS and McLaren. Picked up car yesterday afternoon. Just drove it straight home (it rained on me ) Today we went to a car show, drove about 50-60 miles today. Impressions... fast fast fast car. It drives like a go cart, quick responsive steering, predictable, and stable.

Torque curve is sooooooo different than the Porsche. Porsche will snap your neck right off idle, this car is so linear in its power delivery and just won't stop pulling. I wouldn't say either car is better than the other, just different. Both do what they're designed for very well, I just think the McLaren is way more purpose built than the Porsche. I'll always love my first Porsche, and more than likely will be a return buyer, just for now I'm gonna enjoy the Mac.
more pics please !

Old 08-20-2017, 07:23 PM
more pics please !
Only got to snap a couple of iPhone photos... here they are. I'll get better ones and share if you want. I don't want to **** off the Porsche forum posting too many pics of a non Porsche.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:02 PM
i'll bet that color is insane in direct sunlight. how does the wing actuate? at speed automatically ?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 PM
i'll bet that color is insane in direct sunlight. how does the wing actuate? at speed automatically ?
Crazy, the color looks super dark in the shade or on a cloudy day... but, in the bright sunlight it is brilliant and has tons of fleck!!! The air brake is actuated by a chassis controller on the command center in the interior of the car, as well as throttle input of more than 85% or brake pressure applied at 50% or greater. It literally deployes hard core if you hit the brakes hard and it'll throw you towards the window. It's crazy!

Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
Thanks for posting and beautiful car BTW. I've been looking for a good reason to sell my TTS and this might be it. My local stealer has a 2012 low mileage black/black, MP4-12C with an Akropovic exhaust and a fair amount of options for sale for $125K. After doing some research that's $10-20K below the current retail market which makes it potentially a good deal IMO.

But, is selling a perfect TTS for a Mac a good idea? Any one have thoughts on this?

Last edited by 4ocious; 08-21-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by 4ocious
Thanks for posting and beautiful car BTW. I've been looking for a good reason to sell my TTS and this might be it. My local stealer has a 2012 low mileage black/black, MP4-12C with an Akropovic exhaust and a fair amount of options for sale for $125K. After doing some research that's $10-20K below the current retail market which makes it potentially a good deal IMO.

But, is selling a perfect TTS for a Mac a good idea? Any one have thoughts on this?
The 12C's had a few electrical issues... if it checks out well, I'd think it's a good deal. They're amazing cars for sure. Best of luck in your decision.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:48 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Seen plenty of owner comments. A 12c can have plenty of issues, they can be real money pits. Proceed with caution and a deep pocket for repairs. Just check out the a/c controls on the doors, which tend to fail.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:43 AM
4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice4ocious is just really nice
I did a deeper dive on the 12C and agree there are too many "new model/car" bugs associated with this car. I guess that's why it was discontinued in 2014. I'm going to pass-

Old 08-31-2017, 08:04 PM

Quick update on my new car... it's a different animal than the TTS was. Quieter, smoother, faster, and more comfortable. I'm absolutely not bashing my old Porsche, I loooooved that car, just offering a comparison for a couple of guys asking on here. This car has a gutteral sound, mixed with a dash of high rpm exotic... a similar sound to my old cammed C7, (muscle car) with a hint of exotic wail (think GT3)

The torque on the car isn't even close to the TTS's torque off idle... however, it delivers the power so linear it feels similar to the Porsche until mid range where this car shines! I felt my Porsche was flat about 130mph which was what I trapped in 1/4 mile, where this car pulls like a monster through the mid range into the upper end of the speed ranges. 180mph plus (207 mph top speed).

Suspension is otherworldly!!! This car corners like it's on rails!!!! Actuators as opposed to a sway bar suspension... it just doesn't have any body roll at all no matter how hard you push it through a corner. I know this is a Porsche forum, I don't mean any disrespect to ANYONE in here, just giving my update I told y'all I would. I'd be happy to answer any questions or discuss comparisons if any of you think I've been unfair in my assessment. Bottom line, I have zero regrets!

Old 09-02-2017, 07:34 PM

Quick update on my new car... it's a different animal than the TTS was. Quieter, smoother, faster, and more comfortable. I'm absolutely not bashing my old Porsche, I loooooved that car, just offering a comparison for a couple of guys asking on here. This car has a gutteral sound, mixed with a dash of high rpm exotic... a similar sound to my old cammed C7, (muscle car) with a hint of exotic wail (think GT3)

The torque on the car isn't even close to the TTS's torque off idle... however, it delivers the power so linear it feels similar to the Porsche until mid range where this car shines! I felt my Porsche was flat about 130mph which was what I trapped in 1/4 mile, where this car pulls like a monster through the mid range into the upper end of the speed ranges. 180mph plus (207 mph top speed).

Suspension is otherworldly!!! This car corners like it's on rails!!!! Actuators as opposed to a sway bar suspension... it just doesn't have any body roll at all no matter how hard you push it through a corner. I know this is a Porsche forum, I don't mean any disrespect to ANYONE in here, just giving my update I told y'all I would. I'd be happy to answer any questions or discuss comparisons if any of you think I've been unfair in my assessment. Bottom line, I have zero regrets!
great to hear. the car looks fukking amazing !! glad you are happy. now i need a ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.