997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nonsense post, but I do love

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:15 PM
DRMitchell is infamous around these parts
Nonsense post, but I do love

The smell of Porsche leather and the sound of the cold start, after you've been away and the car has been locked up for a week or two...

Old 07-29-2017, 03:02 AM
JF22 is a jewel in the roughJF22 is a jewel in the roughJF22 is a jewel in the rough
I know what you mean starting and smelling 911 leather is the best part of coming home after a trip and it's the first thing I do

Old 07-29-2017, 10:10 AM
Edgemonty007 has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemonty007 has a spectacular aura about
your not alone! I think a lot of us are the same way!

Old 07-29-2017, 03:38 PM
SigAddict is infamous around these parts
is there a product that will keep that smell? I love it too, but feel it is fading.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:21 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
I use Lexol to keep the leather supple......after 10 years I'm not sure if it's leather or "that Porshe" smell. My 91 has a very specific scent that is synonomous to other older Porsches and is a mix of leather and Porsche parts!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Pendl303 has a spectacular aura aboutPendl303 has a spectacular aura about
I agree,not a nonsense post at all. Love your ruby red btw, I don't think I have seen one before.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:30 PM
DRMitchell is infamous around these parts
Hey Pendl, thanks for the kind words.

I use the Lexol products as well. Maybe that's the secret..

Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
FWIW I used armor-all leather care. It's a one-step product but I've been happy with it. I find Lexol leaves behind a very strong odor that takes a long time to come out. Eitherway, agree with the love of the smell and a cold start exhaust--especially with a europipe

Old 08-03-2017, 12:53 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Leatherique for me.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:51 AM
shawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of light
lexol and griots leather conditioner seems to keep it soft for me.

Love that cabin smell when you open the door

and totally in on parts smell - In fact my 997 makes the entire garage smell like 911

Old 08-08-2017, 07:03 AM
cakM3 is infamous around these parts
I too use Leatherique... been very pleased with the results. Love that leather smell when you open the door... so intoxicating!

Old 08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Just back from two weeks for me as well . . . I caught myself day dreaming about my Turbo MANY times while in a 6 speed diesel Renault (110hp MAX, HaHa). As well as hearing nicely exhausted dual clutches for the past week also. It felt so good to drive to work today in my 997 . . . It was one of the things I was looking forward to today after the trip

I even have to admit that I have considered not cracking my window to keep the smell in, but I do need the trickle charger, so I'm not sure that's an option! Anyway, DRM . . . I completely get it KH

Old 08-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by khiroshima
Just back from two weeks for me as well . . . I caught myself day dreaming about my Turbo MANY times while in a 6 speed diesel Renault (110hp MAX, HaHa). As well as hearing nicely exhausted dual clutches for the past week also. It felt so good to drive to work today in my 997 . . . It was one of the things I was looking forward to today after the trip

I even have to admit that I have considered not cracking my window to keep the smell in, but I do need the trickle charger, so I'm not sure that's an option! Anyway, DRM . . . I completely get it KH
I run my charger wire under the door. Everything is nice and sealed!

Old 08-10-2017, 11:28 AM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Thanks, good suggestion! KH

Old 08-10-2017, 09:14 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Me too......has worked just fine for the last 6+years...
Khiroshima...noticed you're in Los Gatos, nice place our cousin lives there....jealous of your proximity to PCH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.