997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

P0021 woes....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 AM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
Yes,
I hope I changed the right one! I changed the one on the right of the engine (passenger side near the back of the car.). I had to remove the airbox to get to it. That's bank 2 correct?

Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tomb18
Well one thing I have noticed, the P0021 only seems to come on when the engine is cold or I am idling at a red light. Never when driving. So this would indicate a low pressure oil supply. Are these cams hollow? Does the oil flow through them and out the hole?
Has anyone actually seen the hole blocked or is the cam itself just not delivering the oil? I've never seen a picture of the sleeve in an unblock and then blocked image.
Here's a thread with some pics you might be looking for..

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...-camshaft.html

Old 09-15-2017, 12:34 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Sam,

while pinning the cams to also do rods and studs how much cost does that add to the job ? I know dealer is about 8k for new cams and a good Indy can probably do it for about 6k$.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey bud. I think you're about on point. Getting into the engine there's so many different flavors and set up some people who can do them. Anyone can always reach out and I'd be glad to help. I'm finishing up a core motor with John Bray right now so I'll have something on hand with my sort of signature package.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:57 PM
tomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the roughtomb18 is a jewel in the rough
@saabin
Thanks for the link. Shows the pics nicely.
I went out for a spirited drive tonight and no cel....
Nerve racking....didn't want to sit at a red light cause that's when they seem to come.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.