997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Turbo illuminated door sill removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Turbo illuminated door sill removal

Appears to be a foreign object lodge in the illuminated area of the "turbo" something like a piece of grass or a strand of fabric? Anyway, does anyone know what the procedure is to remove the sill to clean? I read on a few post were people want to replace the plastic sills with the illuminated ones. The plastic is held on with dual side tape and most end up cracking or damaging the plastic..

As I want to keep what I have but just clean it up behind it, I don' t want to risk damages. If there is a safer way to do it please let me know.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:23 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Curious to know too.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:13 PM
Duff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond reputeDuff0000 has a reputation beyond repute
The Illuminated aluminum sills are held on with double sided sticky tape, so I would heat the sills up with caution, then lightly pry up. Same procedure for the 996tt Sills.

This is the procedure for the aluminum sills, I believe the illuminated carbon ones are the same.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. Much appreciated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.