997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Introducing BloodyHell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 06:46 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car and a bump to a fellow long island guy

bring that car out to cars and coffee this sunday at motorcars classics in farmingdale, its the PCA, BMW, ferrari, mercedes clubs so there will be a nice cross section of cars

https://www.motorcarclassics.com/

hope to see you sunday! you can def get some feedback from members with upgraded stereos. at this point any audio shop can work on these cars, they're nothing special in that regards.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:51 AM
monsoonhell is on a distinguished road
It has been a while. I did purchase new wheels months ago.. 19x12 (rear) and 19x9 (front), tail lights and little mods like LED lighting. Here are some pictures of the mods currently on BloodyHell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DvQs09x.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	536714

Wheels are OZs, with FVD Tail Lights.. the camera feature on my phone sucks..thus the reason why BloodyHell looks either orangish or pinkish.

Name:	vTxBMPZ.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	536715

Name:	9m4VRG9.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	536716

Name:	xSGGBOZ.jpg
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	536717

Old 11-12-2018, 01:54 AM
And since I wanted to perfect my Rotiform wheels, I had them taken apart to powdercoat the back of the barrels black, and to powdercoat the face of the wheels BBS Gold.. thoughts??

Before:
Attachment 1

After:
Fronts

Name:	uT7wzE8.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	536710
Rear:

Name:	iGxsusd.jpg
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	536711

All wrapped up for storage for now..but will be Opti-Coated this week, then back to storage until????

Name:	z2TL9XW.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	536712

Name:	AYY7BzR.jpg
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	536713

Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 PM
Here are the photos of the before and after powdercoated Rotiform wheels on BloodyHell..

Before:

Name:	RZlCz43.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	536619

After:
Attachment 1

Name:	W1A5kso.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	536620

Attachment 1

The next step is awaiting feedback from Rotiform on the pricing of the same specs, but in 19inch diameter. Need more tire. Soooo..my current 20inch Rotiforms just may hit the Classifieds, if the four members who wanted these rims do not purchase them. I will reach out to them in the near future if things go as planned. First thing happening soon is a new suspension setup and clutch..this should occur this month or February. Then onto the wheels. Stay Tuned..

Old 01-21-2019, 05:20 PM
monty007 is on a distinguished road
Gold looks awesome! Car looks great! You had mentioned a new suspension. What do you have there now and what are you planning to go with?

Old 01-22-2019, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by monty007
Gold looks awesome! Car looks great! You had mentioned a new suspension. What do you have there now and what are you planning to go with?
I currently have KW Club Sport Coilover Set, Tarret Front Top Mounts, RSS Front Adjustable Toe / Bump Steer Kit, Eibach Adjustable Front & Rear Anti Roll Bars. I am not sure to the extent how much of the suspension I am going to change. But the KWs are definitely out. I am going with Bilsteins. I want to be able to use the Porsche PASM feature. I may check into the Eibach Anti-Roll bars and see if someone makes a thicker bar.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:10 AM
I posted this on another forum but it needs to be shared here as well..

Ok...I have an embarrassing moment with BloodyHell. I have read the many threads of dead batteries and how to get into the frunk and engine compartment. Two days ago, I wanted to take BloodyHell for a spin. I removed the car cover and thought I had hit the unlock button on the key before going into the frunk to disconnect my battery tender. I unfortunately placed the key inside the frunk while disconnecting the tender. Well, yes, you guessed it..I closed the frunk with the key inside. (That is my only key). I attempted to open the door to re-open the frunk and of course my hand slipped off the door handle as it was locked. I was having the "Oh **** moment". So off to the forums I go.. searching how does one gain access into the frunk with my predicament. I could not find any other thread of someone doing what I just did. They were all about having a dead battery.

I utilized my trustee membership with AAA. They got into BloodyHell within 15 minutes. And yes, when the door opened the alarm went off. Now I will tell you all this..which I will assume this is all 997's, at least 997 Turbo's... once the alarm goes off, the fuse panel trick will not work. Everything shuts down. evident by not having power to the seats. Even opening the glove box activates the alarm. There were a couple of threads where some claim that the fuse panel trick worked with their release button on the driver's side door sill, but most of the threads stated that the key was the only way to access the frunk, again all with dead batteries.

Anyways, a 20 minute ordeal of jacking the driver's side up a couple of inches, removing both the tire and the forward inner fender protector and finding the damn 1/2 inch emergency release cable, pulling it and releasing the frunk free... well, the alarm goes off. I grab the key in the frunk..which at this point the buttons are not working, so the alarm is still screaming. I had to insert the key in the door and it shut the alarm up. Then I inserted the key into the ignition and BAM... the key and car became one again. I immediately rolled down the window and left the frunk open, I was not taking any chances of another screw up. Than began the process of putting BloodyHell back together again. Moral of this thread...

DON"T EVER EVER LOCK YOUR KEY IN THE FRUNK!!

Name:	WszmQrh.jpg
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	536388

Name:	g9aMoN0.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	536389

Now in the second picture, my area behind the headlight is cluttered as that is the location of my methanol reservoir and pump. So finding the damn emergency release cable was not easy. Only 1/2 inch was visible..what you see there is after my needle nose plier pull on the cable.

Did I mention what the moral of this thread is??

Old 05-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
man am I a sucker for red!!

congrats she looks great

Old 05-17-2019, 02:51 PM
OmarS is an unknown quantity at this point
I’ve seen this car in person many times at RAD. Congrats on the purchase and let me know if you’re selling anytime soon. I’m in the market for that beautiful guards red🔥

Old 05-17-2019, 06:25 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Your Rotiform rims look awesome in Gold....great refresh on slick rims....love Guards Red...��

Old 05-17-2019, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by OmarS
I’ve seen this car in person many times at RAD. Congrats on the purchase and let me know if you’re selling anytime soon. I’m in the market for that beautiful guards red🔥
Unfortunately, I can never see myself selling her. I am replacing the suspension system and installing a new clutch and purchasing another set of wheels. I am just waiting on the new suspension system to come in and yes, RAD will be doing the install. There are other modifications coming..

However if for some reason I need to sell her, I will get back to you..

Old 09-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Blue2gnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by monsoonhell
Unfortunately, I can never see myself selling her. I am replacing the suspension system and installing a new clutch and purchasing another set of wheels. I am just waiting on the new suspension system to come in and yes, RAD will be doing the install. There are other modifications coming..

However if for some reason I need to sell her, I will get back to you..
What are the offsets on the Rotiforms?

Old 09-30-2019, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Blue2gnt
What are the offsets on the Rotiforms?
Offsets have been added to the advertisement.. thanks for the interest..

Click here

Old 05-26-2020, 01:46 AM
Hey Everyone

I hope everyone has been keeping safe with the Corona Virus shutdown and doing ok financially. Also, to everyone who has served, thank you for your service. If you kept up with BloodyHell, you know there were modifications to be installed..well, it is that time..

Name:	SFrUn5R.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	535909

Name:  4XvXoIz.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  25.5 KB

In addition, I replaced my rotors/pads and will be installing the Sachs 2.5 Clutch and Flywheel.

Name:  SXIPA5W.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  zbDLH3V.jpg
Size:  17.7 KB

Name:  UUXHFLS.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  19.8 KB

My AMS turbo silicon hoses will be replaced with aluminum piping with Vibrant clamps welded on holding the pipe onto the turbo housing. There will be some more goodies installed..but I will wait until the install to mention them and take pictures.

Anyone else performing modifications on their 997 Turbo during the pandemic?

Last edited by monsoonhell; 05-26-2020 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:33 PM
Was back at the shop again yesterday. Bilsteins and brakes are installed..this week should be clutch, piping/clamping for turbo and additional goodies.. And I will be shipping my KW Clubsports back to KW for rebuilding..so expect them to be in the classifieds if my Porsche buddies don't buy them first.

Name:  P9oBpGt.jpg
Size:  14.9 KB

Name:  Xngc4RZ.jpg
Size:  17.8 KB

Name:  XHaIPpm.jpg
Size:  15.8 KB

Name:  A5iGajn.jpg
Size:  16.5 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing BloodyHell