997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LED Tail Light Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 11:20 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
LED Tail Light Bulbs

Has anyone ever replaced their OEM factory tail light bulbs with LED bulbs? I am aware and have used aftermarket led tail lights. However I always go back to the OEM. Now if we can retrofit stock OEM taillights with LED bulbs, that would be pretty cool!

Thoughts?

Old 01-30-2019, 12:22 PM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
My only question would be "why?". Stock/standard bulbs are fine.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:14 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
I think they make the care looked dated in terms of how slow they light up, led's are "instant' and much sharper to the eye.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:00 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
I would check Suncoast as they've got retrofit LED kits for all sorts of cars and light fixtures now. I'm not aware of this particular part, though. Curious too now that you mention it.

Old 01-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Checked Suncoast, nothing!

Old 01-31-2019, 03:41 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
I tried this long ago on my Turbo. Before they were coming out with the aftermarket sets. Total waste of time. Doesn't really look any newer...the white LED's in the red lens just look very pink. Also need a ton of 50 Volt Resistors that get super hot, and again, looks about the same.
I ended up replacing with the Dectane/Depo sets after they worked the bugs out and have been very happy. The bulb change looked the same.

DC

Old 02-06-2019, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by therock88
I tried this long ago on my Turbo. Before they were coming out with the aftermarket sets. Total waste of time. Doesn't really look any newer...the white LED's in the red lens just look very pink. Also need a ton of 50 Volt Resistors that get super hot, and again, looks about the same.
I ended up replacing with the Dectane/Depo sets after they worked the bugs out and have been very happy. The bulb change looked the same.

DC
Thanks for your opinion! Much appreciated. Sounds like its not worth the work.