997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My 997.1 Turbo 68mm VTG Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
this looks familiar Nice work
Was thinking the same thing!

Old 05-21-2019, 07:45 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Interested in a gta meetup

Pm me if u guys hookup.

Originally Posted by Irishace
Lets certainly figure out a meet. Better yet, let’s go hit the strip at Toronto motorsports park and lay a beating on some domestics.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:05 PM
86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold86merc is a splendid one to behold
Great looking car. That blue is sharp.

I have a very similar combo with Sam handling tuning duties. The car is strong on 93 octane. But wait until you get a race gas tune dialed in. I am lucky enough to be able to run mine on E85. The midrange torque increase is incredible. You will be buying a lot if race gas as the power is addicting. haha

Enjoy the car and best of luck with it!

Old 05-22-2019, 07:38 PM
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 86merc
Great looking car. That blue is sharp.

I have a very similar combo with Sam handling tuning duties. The car is strong on 93 octane. But wait until you get a race gas tune dialed in. I am lucky enough to be able to run mine on E85. The midrange torque increase is incredible. You will be buying a lot if race gas as the power is addicting. haha

Enjoy the car and best of luck with it!
Yea. The only thing that we can really do here in Canada is to go with a meth kit. No e85 and race gas is too expensive. I am looking forward to a race gas map for sure. I promised myself I would stay away from meth, had nightmares with it in my BMW n54. That said I will probably cave when searching for more power.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:18 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Ipd y pipe won’t work with d088 inlets?

Old 07-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Irishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud ofIrishace has much to be proud of
My summer video project is underway. Here is the intro as a teaser. The video will contain; dyno results footage, 1/4 mile footage, 1/2 mile footage, 60-130 footage and general Porsche goodness. Full video will be released by the end of July.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:18 AM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
If you're referring to do88 inlet pipes, then one thing has nothing to do with the other. =)

Old 07-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by supra.z06
If you're referring to do88 inlet pipes, then one thing has nothing to do with the other. =)
Thanks for the reply although I am not sure I understand your comment. The intro is meant to list the major manufacturers of the modifications I have in my car. I did each segment by manufacturer, I have Do88 turbo inlet tubes, intercoolers and ypipe. If you have not watched the video, do so, it will become a little more clear I hope. Thanks.

Ahh nevermind, I just realized you were responding to the previous poster, Lol.

Last edited by Irishace; 07-02-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM
wcarson has a spectacular aura aboutwcarson has a spectacular aura aboutwcarson has a spectacular aura about
Irishace,

What was your 60-130 time and your 60-100 time? I've been waiting for your times since you mentioned a Dragy unit was on the way on 5/21!!!

I have a similar build to your car. I'm running on 91 octane pump here in CA. Your car looks awesome! Can't wait to see your full video too.

Keith

Old 07-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by wcarson
Irishace,

What was your 60-130 time and your 60-100 time? I've been waiting for your times since you mentioned a Dragy unit was on the way on 5/21!!!

I have a similar build to your car. I'm running on 91 octane pump here in CA. Your car looks awesome! Can't wait to see your full video too.

Keith
I have not done the runs yet, working on sorting out my GoPro setup and my Dragy setup. I also have been traveling so much for work, that is settling down now. Should have results in a few weeks as i no longer have any excuses. Thanks for the feedback on the car, really appreciate it.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:56 PM
wcarson has a spectacular aura aboutwcarson has a spectacular aura aboutwcarson has a spectacular aura about
Got it..... keep us posted!

Old 07-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
So badass bud. Car came out great!
Thanks Sam, appreciate all your help.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:09 PM
Update:

While working on my video I had a professional photoshoot done. Here are some of the highlight pics, hope you enjoy:

Old 07-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Update:

Was working on 60-130mph runs today and ran into some interesting challenges. Without the rev limiter raised I was forced into a 4-5 shift as 4th gear does not get me to 130mph. Best I could manage with my issues on pump gas and a horrible DA was 7.36 seconds. Need some crisper Canadian weather and a rev limiter increase and this car should do high 6 seconds.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 AM
997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !997TurboTom Is a GOD !
the 60-100 is very slow. what speed and gear are you starting in? I think I do best with starting in 3rd gear, around 30-40mph

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997.1 Turbo 68mm VTG Build