997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 6466 upgrade build with a tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
Lots of awesomeness going on here, congrats!

Old 08-05-2020, 12:59 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Good look on the Tip build I know BlackHorseTurbo could not get his 996 tip up past 1000hp because of slipping. Steve Ott at Drivers Source in Houston might be able to save you some headaches. I know they did and still do a lot of work on BlackHorseTurbos car.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:38 AM
fyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant future
Good luck with the build! Seems like it could be fast.
Looking forward in following the progress here, especially the MoTeC part.

I have a built tip (locally in Sweden) and next step is LSD due to traction issues. Let me know if you want in since the price is quite high (!) and we'll get a discount on multiple orders (from 3 and currently only have two on order).
I run Syvecs on my build and also support some clients with similar setups. ES Motor did supply the TCU tune for us with some shift points, shift speed and trq limitations. Recommended!

Old 08-25-2020, 06:47 AM
dbishop1113 has a spectacular aura aboutdbishop1113 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fyrken
Good luck with the build! Seems like it could be fast.
Looking forward in following the progress here, especially the MoTeC part.

I have a built tip (locally in Sweden) and next step is LSD due to traction issues. Let me know if you want in since the price is quite high (!) and we'll get a discount on multiple orders (from 3 and currently only have two on order).
I run Syvecs on my build and also support some clients with similar setups. ES Motor did supply the TCU tune for us with some shift points, shift speed and trq limitations. Recommended!
interested; I did some calling around couple months back and got no where. What ballpark price are you hearing it will be? Timeframe? Have some updates and pics coming next few days

Old 08-26-2020, 07:58 AM
jeebus31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dbishop1113
Engine out, so far no real surprises or complications..do have a question, what do these two lines the come off the ac line do/go to? It’s not refrigerant side
Great build thread - I also have a .1 tip with minor mods compared to yours and I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

You probably figured this out by now, but those are fuel cooler lines that run through the AC. One for each bank.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:33 PM
dbishop1113 has a spectacular aura aboutdbishop1113 has a spectacular aura about

Ready to start cracking cases open and getting to the good stuff.....transmission on pallet and ready to ship out for build

Old 08-28-2020, 01:45 AM
fyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant future
interested; I did some calling around couple months back and got no where. What ballpark price are you hearing it will be? Timeframe? Have some updates and pics coming next few days
Roughly 3000 €, but might get some discount.
I think they make these on order so 8 weeks minimum I would say.
They are from Drexler, who only does really high end stuff. They have a less expensive model but this is not rated for high hp so not of interest.

Old 08-28-2020, 05:33 AM
They are from Drexler, who only does really high end stuff. They have a less expensive model but this is not rated for high hp so not of interest.
I'd be interested. Let me know more details. PM whatever info you have on it. Have you already ordered the other two units or waiting for a third to drop price?

edit: Their website already has a few tiptronic differentials listed

Last edited by dbishop1113; 08-28-2020 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-30-2020, 12:20 PM
website looks like fantastic product. I sent a product inquiry, I’d be in for one. Who are you dealing with already and have you ordered already? I just need some info on timeline.

Old 09-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Finally had some time to tear down the engine; first time for a mezger, not too difficult once you know what everything does.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:44 PM
Original plan was to build this engine and, shakedown the motec, new turbos, and transmission build with stage 1 capping around 1200 whp for couple months then tear it back out for stage 2 build with the ported heads, gt3 crank, etc. Honestly Im ready to get the car going and not looking forward to it being down for a month or two so soon, so today we made the decision to start a second engine build with gt3 cases/crank/ported heads/cams, etc. Ill use this motor as backup to minimize downtime next season. This really makes sense for me so we can continue to gather data on car and learn the new systems while simultaneously building the race engine. Over next week Ill upload some pics with clean parts and detail the assembly process. Car had minimal oil seepage/stain on garage floor but boy was it dirty once out. Honestly I was very surprised at the ease of this engines disassembly. Couple areas I didnt know from lack of experience on porsche engines and Sean at SRM has definitely put up with his fair share of questions. But I feel like next time I build this, it really will be a much quicker and streamlined process. Got my scale, micrometer set, and special tools ready to start matching pistons/rods/liners ready for assembly. Almost wish I didnt sign up for Fl2k in 2 weeks with the GT500 because I feel like if I had that week free the engine would be back in car. But I know it will be fun, even if I dont make it past qualifying.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:59 PM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Those wheels!

car came with 20 in vorsteiner wheels, dragy 1/4 best was 11.0 but I encounter wheelspin down low with 20s and pzero tires
so I ordered r888r and signature wheels in 19in

Where did you find these wheels? I've been looking for wheels with that red anodized finish forever. Are those the 19s? Can you please share the wheel width's and tire sizes in the photograph of them mounted on your car?

Old 09-30-2020, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by mrmaass
Where did you find these wheels? I've been looking for wheels with that red anodized finish forever. Are those the 19s? Can you please share the wheel width's and tire sizes in the photograph of them mounted on your car?
signature wheel, call Terrance, unfortunately I can’t share specs but I’ll upload pics on car soon
these are powder coat 19s; the ones I’m replacing are similar red but anodized in red were 20s

i would stay away from anodized; one curb rash requires you to redo in powder for all four as I couldn’t find anyone to repair and you can’t match the others

Last edited by dbishop1113; 09-30-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:29 PM
Tore down as far as we are going for stage 1; next step to drill case for 12mm studs

Old 10-01-2020, 09:26 PM
honduhh is an unknown quantity at this point
sub'd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 6466 upgrade build with a tip